Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bellbridge House Hotel(Spanish Point)
  • Beachfront
Armada Hotel(Spanish Point)
  • Beachfront
Spanish Point House(Spanish Point)
  • Breakfast included
The Bayview(Kilkee)
Myles Creek(Kilkee)
  • Restaurant
B&B Southwind(Spanish Point)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main hotelthe cottagesocean view restaurantcourtyard roomfull kitchenshuttle servicepro shopgas fireshuttle busguest servicesfive star hotelgolf linksservice chargeliving areabeautiful propertybar and restaurantthe atlantic ocean
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I had a relaxing and lovely stay. At first, we thought we would be bored however we ended up falling in love with the Emerald Coast and stayed for 6 nights! The staff of the hotel are gracious. Be sure to visit the Spa. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace154
TrumpIreland, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Grace 154

Thank you ever so much for you very kind review following your recent visit to Trump International Doonbeg. I am very pleased to note that your extended stay allowed you a great opportunity to embrace both the region, our resort itself and the people who were on hand to be of service during your stay.

As you have highlighted the spa particularly may I add that this team has been with the business since we opened in 2006 and continues to receive great reviews from our guests on a continuous basis.

While perhaps you could not have stayed longer on this occasion, hopefully we will have opportunity to welcome you back and if that is the case please drop me an email on jrussell@trumphotels.com and I will be very pleased to meet and welcome you on that occasion.

Yours sincerely

General Manager.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I don't know where to begin to tell you what a fantastic stay we had. Gorgeous accommodation and absolutely nothing is too much trouble for the great and exceptionally hardworking staff.

We stayed in a one bedroom Links Cottage Suite (160b) for two nights (14-16 July) which included €80 credit for dinner one night. I didn't know what to expect especially when they said they would drive us to our room! In fact I considered asking for a room in the lodge itself but I am glad I didn't and I promise you it's worth it. This mammoth property had everything you can possibly need and plenty of things you didn't think you needed too! Tastefully decorated, all mod cons, everything thought of from the oven and microwave to the fluffy bath robes and slippers, ginormous bed, softer than soft sheets and covers, DVD player, iPod Dock, TWO TV's, it was a seriously good room.

Also as it was our honeymoon we arrived to a letter from the hotel staff congratulating us and a bottle of bubbly!

The hotel does these fantastic looking picnic baskets that they pre pack for you. So you can go out for lunch on the beach or in the countryside. They also do meat baskets and BBQ equipment which they provide you with so you can host your own BBQ!) unfortunately we didn't have long enough to try these things, next time perhaps.....

The first night we ordered room service from the Trumps restaurant, club sandwiches, chunky chips and soup, it was all very well cooked and when they realised they hadn't given us the mayo and bread for the soups they drove over immediately and dropped them off. My tip here is to pick it up yourself, it will take less than 10 mins and they charge you €10 delivery which I think is too much.

We used our "dinner credit" on the second night to eat in the Ocean View restaurant, we asked for an ocean view which, of course, was no trouble at all. When we arrived the lovely waitress (who had met Donald Trump!) welcomed us with two glasses of champers and congratulated us on our wedding. The 3 course meal we had was a delight and there was also an amuse bouche and sorbet course which were lovely surprises thrown in. Also they use a lot of dry ice so when your food comes out it makes for a fabulous photo!

I went to the spa, the massage was great (my therapist was called Shauna she was seriously good at her job and lovely to boot). The spa itself could have been a little better there was only a sauna steam room and jacuzzi and I felt with such a fab hotel the spa could have had more, perhaps essential oils to make the steam room smell nice, more relaxing bed in the centre (better covers?) and some magazines to read (there wasn't one thing to read!) in all I would say about the spa, make sure you go for a treatment but perhaps get there only 20 mins before your treatment don't expect to spend all afternoon there!

Whilst I was relaxing in the spa the other half was out at the free driving range hitting 100 balls and having a great time.

In all a truly wonderful stay we will definitely be back next year for our anniversary!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cutestjennywren

Dear Cutesjennywren

I am not sure I can say much more than many many thanks for you very kind review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Trump International, Doonbeg. The detail outlined in your review covers all aspects of our facility and service which I am very pleased to have read. Needless to say our team members who you met during your stay will be delighted to see the areas where they excelled.

Hopefully it will not be too long before we have an opportunity to welcome you back once again for another enjoyable and memorable time at Trump International, Doonbeg.

General Manager.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent 2 nights in Doonbeg. We had a 2 bedroom courtyard Lodge which was very attractively furnished, with lovely sitting room/kitchen and all mod cons. The bedrooms were on the top and bottom floors with the sitting room/kitchen on the middle entrance floor. this arrangement involves a lot of going up and down stairs so if you have any mobility problems a different type of room would suit better.the bedrooms and bathrooms were lovely with toiletries from The Burren perfumery. both had showers, a bath in at least one of them would have been nice. The area is very scenic with views from the main hotel and golf club over the golf links to the beach and sea. We ate in golf club which was fine and breakfast in the hotel dining room was very good. What really makes Doonbeg is the Staff who were without exception very professional, courteous and charming - I hope Mr. Trump keeps them all on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TrumpIreland, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank you ever so much for your very kind review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Trump International, Doonbeg together with your appreciation of the scenery and surrounding areas, I note your very favourable comments regarding the suite accommodations and amenities provided there in.

Your acknowledgement of our staff will be appreciated throughout our organisation and on they have had an opportunity to meet Mr. Trump on his frequent visits who has been most complimentary and pleased regarding their performance.

Thank you once again and hopefully it will not be too long before we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International, Doonbeg.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you get a chance to go here, don't pass it up. It is the best place we have ever stayed. We were travelling with our 3 twenty year old sons so got a cottage which had 4 bedrooms with own bathrooms, living room and kitchen. Magnificent. The golf course is spectacular. Tons to do including walking on the beach, spa, fishing, golf, biking.......Top notch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jakster21

Dear jakester21

Thank you ever so much for your very kind review on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Trump International, Doonbeg.

Indeed it appears that all members of your family had a most enjoyable stay with us, appreciating both the golf course and everything to do within the immediate area. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to visit Trump International Doonbeg again on the occasion of a future visit to West Clare where another warm welcome will await you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family traveled to Ireland in June and our first stop was Doonbeg. We rented one of the suites and could not be happier. There were four of us in a two bedroom, two bathroom luxurious apartment-style suite. We had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and everything to make us comfortable. I cannot say enough good things about the location, the cleanliness, the helpful staff, the food and the view. While it is a golf resort, we did not stay there to golf. We stayed there to be comfortable and we certainly were. Our children are young teens and were very comfortable there but I don't believe there is a ton there for young children. I would certainly return and thank the staff who went above and beyond to ship a personal and sentimental item that one of our kids left in the room accidentally. (A note to Mr. Trump: Being an American, I would have loved to be able to purchase something in the pro shop that said "Doonbeg" on it as opposed to "Trump." I do understand that it is your brand now but it would have been more charming otherwise.)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GinaRubel

Dear Ginarubel

Thank you ever so much for your very kind review following your recent visit to Trump International, Doonbeg, I am very pleased to note that you and your family appear to have had a very comfortable stay with us and our Concierge was most accommodating and professional in assisting you.

All the team at Doonbeg are extremely proud to be associated with the Trump International, Brand and we look forward to very exciting times ahead for our resort, our business and the region at large.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the future and that I will be able to meet you personally at that time.

Thank you once again.