“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Doonbeg
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here with my wife in a Cottage apartment for 1 night. Room was extremely comfortable. Activities very limited and room price expensive unless you are a golf fan. I would not bring children here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leex
TrumpIreland, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear leex,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and your kind compliment regarding our rooms.

As it relates to our non golfing guests, I am uncertain if our concierge had an opportunity to meet with you to outline the many active and leisure pursuits that can be organised both on site and in the local area for couples or people with families. This is a very important part of our business and now that the resort has been acquired by the Trump Organisation, plans are in place to further develop leisure amenities on site for our guests to enjoy.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back at that time and if I can be of any assistance, please drop me an email on jrussell@trumphotels.com.

Joe Russell.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
SWITZERLAND
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great experience staying at the Trump Internatinal Ireland hotel. Our cottage room was beautiful. Service at Trump Bar was outstanding. Had breakfast and dinner at the Hotel and both were excellent. The golf course is spectacular as you have ocean view from many holes, but my impression was that it is not a proper links course. As balls are not rolling that long as on typical links courses. I do not know what is wrong, maybe the grass type? Play Ballybunnion or Lahinch if you wanna experience a real links golf course.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Travellino
Dear Travellino,

Thank you for your very kind review and the numerous compliments extended across various aspects of our business.

You are indeed correct in stating that the course is spectacular and I would like to assure you that it is a proper links course. The same grass has been on the fairways since 2002, so I am just wondering if it's the varying contours on the fairways that slowed up your ball.

Now that the property has been acquired by the Trump Organisation, Mr Donald Trump has employed internationally recognised golf course designer to do further work on the course this winter so try us again on your next visit to the west of Ireland, as your review says "you will want to stay longer"

General Manager.
Cork
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a Links Cottage for four nights in July. It was our fourth time staying here as these gorgeous cottages have spoilt self-catering options elsewhere for me forever. It is such a pleasure to stay there - the beds are large and extremely comfortable with big snuggly duvets and the kitchen is fully equipped with everything one may need. None of us play golf so we enjoy Doonbeg for the chance to just completely relax. The beach is just over the dunes and that's where we spent our days. We called to Trumps bar for cocktails on the way back to the cottage before going back to the bar for dinner later. The steak is outstanding as are the chicken wings and the service is excellent. My main quibble with this hotel is the 15% service charge. Despite that, I still fully intend to visit again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank trp_advsr_mmbr
Dear trp_advsr_mmbr

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor and as a regular visitor to our premises I am most pleased to note that you continue to enjoy all that we have to offer in our resort and the local area.

You certainly have identified those things that we are delighted to provide for our guest comfort and enjoyment with our beds, duvets, cocktails and food.

On your next visit, I would be delighted to say "hello" to you and your party. Please drop me an email on jrussell@trumphotels.com and I will ensure that everything remains to your satisfaction at that time.

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights while touring Ireland. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage villa with our two teenage children. We each had our own balconies, private bathrooms with waterfall showers and luxurious bedding, Kitchen, living room and washer and dryer. The hotel is only 12 years old but looks as if it has been around for decades, It is located on the beach and has a wonderful golf course. My husband and son enjoyed a challenging round of golf. I felt like I was at a castle!! Wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LJMeyers
TrumpIreland, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear LJMeyers

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review on Tripadvisor and I am delighted to note that you and your family had a very pleasant stay with us.

Indeed, the facility is open since 2006 and has received rave reviews for both its interior design and architecture of the suite, cottages and public spaces. Our Links Golf course is a challenge for every golfer and I trust your husband and son had a memorable time.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International, Doonbeg on the occasion of a future visit to Ireland.

Thank you once again.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Our hotel experience was less than we expected. The bar needed a complete cleaning and the flow to find the bar was totally confusing. We arrived in a bus and found the hotel to be too isolated.

The best part of our stay was the evening shebeen. The female singer was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Julie S
TrumpIreland, General Manager at Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback for Trump International Golf Links and Hotel, Doonbeg following your recent visit. May I apologise for your dissatisfaction with our Trump's Pub but I am pleased to note your experience in our old country cottage 'the Shebeen' was most memorable. I will be pleased to pass your compliments to our singer from that evening.

I appreciate all forms of guest feedback and we have taken immediate steps to correct the issues mentioned in your review.

I welcome you to contact me at jrussell@trumphotels.com should you wish to discuss your review further.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Catching up on our reviews...
Our family stayed here for 2 nights in 9/2013 (when it was the Lodge at Doonbeg). This is a breath-taking hotel (and we have no interest in golf at all). It is right on the beach and golf course which is stunning.

Our "room" for my wife and I and our 2 kids consisted of a home...downstairs full living room with all the creature comforts, fireplace, full kitchen, full dining room, guest bathroom, hall closets, entrance foyer with a Downton Abbey doorbell (seriously!). Then there was the elaborate staircase leading to our upstairs hallway with 2 generous well-appointed amazingly comfortable rooms both with en suite. And the quality of the furnishings and decor was unbelievable. That's right...this was a duplex, 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, kitchen, dining room/living room place. So lovely we opted for room service...just wanted comfy food to eat in a beautiful setting...and then they even had a movie room-service pack with microwave popcorn, chips, ice-cream, candy (which they didn't even charge us extra for even though we had ordered it later that evening)...and sitting at the fireplace, watching a movie, with an incredible view of the beach and golf course was one of favorite memories in all of Ireland!

Oh, and the service was great. Included breakfast was pretty good (I mean it is Irish food afterall :)

Truly 5-star Diva...and even more Diva than we could have expected!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 5StarDivaFamily
Dear 5 Star Diva Family

Thank you for your very comprehensive and complimentary review on all aspects of your stay with us recently at Trump International Doonbeg. I am most pleased to read about all the areas of enjoyment that you and your family experienced and hopefully on the occasion of a future visit to Ireland you will allow us the opportunity to create even more fine memories of Ireland and West Clare.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here in June with my family, 11 of us total. We had several different suites and all of them were very nice. The property is stunning but Doonbeg is mainly a golf resort and for someone who is not a golfer it doesn't offer a whole lot of other amenities. We stayed for three nights and that was plenty for me. The golfers of the group enjoyed several rounds and the non golfers went horesback riding on the beach one afternoon and that was lovely. A little cold for this Florida girl but I survived. The food at all of the restaurants was very good. We enjoyed several gorgeous sunsets over the beach and a few rainbows after the rain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tracy Usff,

Thank you for your very kind review of Trump International, Doonbeg following your recent visit. I am very pleased to note your appreciation of the property, its location and the service you received throughout your stay.

Having been acquired earlier this year by Trump International we have plans to develop on site amenities to add to the broad range of activities recommended by our Concierge to all visiting guests. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International, Doonbeg where several more gorgeous sunsets and beautiful rainbows will be provided for your enjoyment.

Thank you once again.

Joe Russell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doonbeg
Armada Hotel
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg? Share your experiences!