“Lovely stay!”

Park Hotel Kiltimagh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I'm just back from a lovely relaxing weekend in the Park Hotel. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for me and my friend. We had dinner in the cafe bar which was delicious! The room was clean and warm and to my satisfaction. Our stay was most enjoyable and will definately be coming back again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Hi

I had an interview in the locality of this hotel and decided to stay overnight. Big Mistake. On arrival the reception was vacant. Five minutes later the receptionist shows up. I hand in my suit to be pressed and asked for it to be in my room for seven thirty. No problems I was told. I went up to my room which was freezing. It was early so I presumed the heat would start in the early evening.

Went to the bar, it was vacant. 20 minutes wait and the receptionist walks in to man the bar with the phone to her ear. I ordered seafood chowder. The chef sticks his head out of the kitchen looking for service and the receptionist/bar woman runs in to get my chowder while the portable phone she left on the bar is ringing like mad. The chowder came out with thick skin covering it. I ate it anyway as I was hungry. I had 2 more pints whenever the receptionist had time to pour them.

I went to bed only to be eaten alive by whatever was in my bed. No one answered the reception phone so I had to strip the duvets and sheets and use towels from the bathroom the line the bed. The next morning dazed and tired I ran to the shower only to find the thermostat broken - I had scalded my legs at this stage so I had the pleasure of filling a bath a seven in the morning. No suit arrived to the room so I rang reception who swore it was done and would be straight up to my room ("when she had a minutes") . Off to breakfast only to find a cleaning lady with an iron in her hand rolling it over my expensive suit, on the outside of the suit.

I requested a call back form the manager - I was told there would no manager in till the following day. That was two weeks ago and I'm still waiting. This is a hotel I will be recommending to people I don't like. I was wrecked going into that interview .........

Room Tip: There are no good rooms if the are filled with bed bugs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
11  Thank Allen B
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Cafe Bar in the Park Hotel Kiltimagh offers very good value for money and very good food. The menu is varied and suits all tastes. Staff are well versed on the menu and are freindly and attentive. Its a good place to have a nice meal in pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2013

our second time staying at the park hotel . pleased with all aspects . staff at reception , bar , dining room & breakfast room were helpful , pleasant and friendly . bedroom large , comfortable , clean and warm . all in all staying there was a most comfortable and pleasant experience -w e will be back and only too happy to recommend it to others .

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed at the Park Hotel while visiting some of her family in Kiltimaugh. I have nothing but positive things to say about this establishment. Comfortable room, a great restaurant, wonderful staff and very close to town. Dinner in the restaurant was great and the breakfast was delicious. I look forward to staying here again if we find ourselves in the Kiltimaugh area again.

1  Thank Kygz
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Have just spent yet another great stay at this truly wonderful hotel, my husband & I spent a few days at the hotel for our 44th wedding anniversary, the hotel staff really did us proud, Claire the manager gave us the suite but not only that when we entered the suite there was a beautiful box of chocolates a bottle of wine & a lovely card from all at the hotel, I know I have said this before but this really is a superb gem of a hotel, from every one of the lovely so helpful staff, the beautiful hot & plenty of food, down to the lovely clean rooms this hotel deserves a ten star if that was possible, my husband & I have had the privilege of staying at this wonderful hotel for the past 4 years or more & hopefully we will continue to do so, Thank you Claire & all the staff for making our anniversary so special, see you all again in July can't wait

1  Thank Jackieg3030
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here with the family for 4 days last week. We could not have asked for a better service.
The food was wonderful, Staff were polite and very friendly. I have used this hotel previously and have never been dissappointed.
Kiltimagh is only a small village with a few pubs, shops and a great soft play area for children.
While staying at the Park Hotel Knock is only a short drive. Westport, Croagh Patrick and Ballintubber Abbey are all a short drive away and are definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Rooms are all very spacious and bright
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
Cill Aodain Court Hotel
#3 of 9 in Castlebar
The Gateway Hotel
The Gateway Hotel
#1 of 1 in Swinford

Been to Park Hotel Kiltimagh? Share your experiences!