“Best of the West”

Park Hotel Kiltimagh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Travelling around Ireland for a week I needed a relaxing atmosphere to recharge the batteries. The Park Hotel provided that and more some. I was greeted with smiles and warmth by the staff. They were very helpful with questions I had of the area and provided great suggestions for me to experience in the area. The rooms were warm, the food delicious. Anyone wanting a pleasureable stay in the West of Ireland stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here recently with a tour group from Manchester and we had a brilliant time altogether. It was such a wonderful experience. From breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, everything was really delicious and there was great choice! The rooms were a very big size and were really comfortable. The reception area is just after being done up and it looks beautiful, great job guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank room305
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We needed a weekend away and I picked Mayo. Its was class. The staff greated us with a nice smile and the room was so comfortable.
I have a properly cooked fillet steak and my better half got a veggie dish specially prepared. We will be back.

Room Tip: Nice quiet country setting
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I'm just back from a lovely relaxing weekend in the Park Hotel. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for me and my friend. We had dinner in the cafe bar which was delicious! The room was clean and warm and to my satisfaction. Our stay was most enjoyable and will definately be coming back again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Hi

I had an interview in the locality of this hotel and decided to stay overnight. Big Mistake. On arrival the reception was vacant. Five minutes later the receptionist shows up. I hand in my suit to be pressed and asked for it to be in my room for seven thirty. No problems I was told. I went up to my room which was freezing. It was early so I presumed the heat would start in the early evening.

Went to the bar, it was vacant. 20 minutes wait and the receptionist walks in to man the bar with the phone to her ear. I ordered seafood chowder. The chef sticks his head out of the kitchen looking for service and the receptionist/bar woman runs in to get my chowder while the portable phone she left on the bar is ringing like mad. The chowder came out with thick skin covering it. I ate it anyway as I was hungry. I had 2 more pints whenever the receptionist had time to pour them.

I went to bed only to be eaten alive by whatever was in my bed. No one answered the reception phone so I had to strip the duvets and sheets and use towels from the bathroom the line the bed. The next morning dazed and tired I ran to the shower only to find the thermostat broken - I had scalded my legs at this stage so I had the pleasure of filling a bath a seven in the morning. No suit arrived to the room so I rang reception who swore it was done and would be straight up to my room ("when she had a minutes") . Off to breakfast only to find a cleaning lady with an iron in her hand rolling it over my expensive suit, on the outside of the suit.

I requested a call back form the manager - I was told there would no manager in till the following day. That was two weeks ago and I'm still waiting. This is a hotel I will be recommending to people I don't like. I was wrecked going into that interview .........

Room Tip: There are no good rooms if the are filled with bed bugs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
11  Thank Allen B
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Cafe Bar in the Park Hotel Kiltimagh offers very good value for money and very good food. The menu is varied and suits all tastes. Staff are well versed on the menu and are freindly and attentive. Its a good place to have a nice meal in pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2013

our second time staying at the park hotel . pleased with all aspects . staff at reception , bar , dining room & breakfast room were helpful , pleasant and friendly . bedroom large , comfortable , clean and warm . all in all staying there was a most comfortable and pleasant experience -w e will be back and only too happy to recommend it to others .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
Cill Aodain Court Hotel
23 mi away
Harbour Mill
Harbour Mill
#1 of 13 in Westport

Been to Park Hotel Kiltimagh? Share your experiences!