“Hidden gem”

Park Hotel Kiltimagh
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kiltimagh
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We came across this hotel whilst travelling to near by Knock. Stayed one night. The staff were extremely helpful and took an interest in your travels etc. Ate in the bar as there was a function in dining room but the service equalled that of any first class dining room. The waiters were very attentive and made us feel special, the food was excellent and prices were very reasonable. As with all places it is the alcohol consumption that adds to the final bill but all worth it. Breakfast was very good and cooked to order again staff very attentive. Definitely recommend a stay here and would return.

Room Tip: If all rooms like ours then any room would be suitable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at the Park Hotel for one night in March whilst visiting family nearby. It was a Thursday which seems to be a quiet day for the hotel. The weather wasn't great so we arrived a bit soggy and windswept!

At first there wasn't anyone around at reception but it didn't take long for someone to help us and they were very friendly! Take into consideration that while it's quiet they are going to have staff doing multiple jobs.

We took the lift up to our room and were really happy with it! We got two double beds in a spacious room; it also had tea and coffee making facilities, a TV (although a lot of the channels that were tuned in were in Irish, first time I ever heard Spongebob speaking Irish anyway haha), a seating area, dressing table, wardrobe, wifi and a bath and seperate shower. The room was plenty warm once we switched on the radiator, so be sure to check it's on :)

The lady on reception gave us a lift to our familys house which was a lovely gesture, they have a hotel mini van.

Breakfast was lovely, we just about made it on time (typical us!), but it was made fresh for us as well as fresh tea and coffee.

We also dined in the hotel for an evening meal which was excellent. The Friday night was a lot busier than the Thursday as it seems a lot of locals use the hotels restaurant and bar and people come for weekends away there.

The hotel is close to Kiltimagh and not far from Knock.

Room Tip: The radiators were off when we arrived, I think they turn them off to save heating rooms that aren...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lazyeyebailey
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed there recently at the James Street Gathering. The staff were friendly. It was good to see some familiar faces Mary Stenson and Cepta Mc Donnell at the breakfast. I feel there could have been more staff on that Sunday morning to help with the clearing of tables as Mary and Cepta had enough to do with serving the clients. The bedroom was nice as I requested to be near a lift. The food at the night of the gathering was simply delicious. Cepta looked after me so well with my dietary requirements and even brought me out a lovely fresh fruit salad. The music in the bar was great as the young loved the disco. It was a great night and the staff made it for all of us. This was my first time staying in the hotel and will recommend it to many. I have eaten many times in the bar and have found Niamh very helpful and friendly. . Well done girls.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank UrsulaJordanHanley
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Travelling around Ireland for a week I needed a relaxing atmosphere to recharge the batteries. The Park Hotel provided that and more some. I was greeted with smiles and warmth by the staff. They were very helpful with questions I had of the area and provided great suggestions for me to experience in the area. The rooms were warm, the food delicious. Anyone wanting a pleasureable stay in the West of Ireland stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here recently with a tour group from Manchester and we had a brilliant time altogether. It was such a wonderful experience. From breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, everything was really delicious and there was great choice! The rooms were a very big size and were really comfortable. The reception area is just after being done up and it looks beautiful, great job guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank room305
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We needed a weekend away and I picked Mayo. Its was class. The staff greated us with a nice smile and the room was so comfortable.
I have a properly cooked fillet steak and my better half got a veggie dish specially prepared. We will be back.

Room Tip: Nice quiet country setting
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I'm just back from a lovely relaxing weekend in the Park Hotel. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for me and my friend. We had dinner in the cafe bar which was delicious! The room was clean and warm and to my satisfaction. Our stay was most enjoyable and will definately be coming back again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiltimagh
Cill Aodain Court Hotel
#2 of 9 in Castlebar
Knock House Hotel
Knock House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock

Been to Park Hotel Kiltimagh? Share your experiences!