Birchwood B&B
Headfort Arms Hotel(Kells)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

It's hard to fault any aspect of Birchodd B&B. Breakast was first class with great selection.
on arrival nothing was too much trouble, and Marie, our hostess, was very friendly.
Birchwood is located just five minutes from Kells. The clanliness of the rooms, etc.
were all spot on. We requested extra toileteries and they arrived in minutes.

The breakfast offered a great selection of cold starters, and the cooked food was very fresh
and tasted delicious.

To sum up, I can only put it one way, I will be returning.

Sue

Room Tip: The ground floor room 7 is very comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this wonderful family run B&B while visiting family for a New Years gathering. The
owners are really helpful and polite. The rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean. The
bathroom was fully tiled, had a good shower and a heated towel rail.

Our dressing table had a flat screen TV, fast internet access, and ample sockets to plug in
my laptop, and charge my phone.

Our bed (queen size) was very comfortable, with perfectly clean white linen.

Birchwood is located on a working farm. The house is modern. It's quiet, we slept very well,
as they say "Silence is Golden".

There was a good choice for breakfast, with a variety of fruit to choose foom.

The B&B is on a nice quiet road, absolutely no noise, perfect for a sound sleep.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at this B&B as it was recommended by a friend who stayed several times before. The owners were very nice and welcoming. I stayed in a clean, neat room with en suite shower. A full breakfast was served in the breakfast room and I really enjoyed it. The house was quiet and had lovely a view. Many thanks for your hospitality. Will recommend and will call again.

Room Tip: higher floor quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great hospitality given by Tom and Marie. felt very welcome. Great location for visiting the monuments came as a family with 3 kids, owners helped with our needs. Thank you very much will be visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Marcolfc1
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Was greeted pleasantly at door and shown to a lovely spacious room. Looked out of the very large windows onto the farm land full of sheep and their lambs. Peace at last. Just what I needed. I was surprised that the owner of the b&b was so helpful showing me directions and also telling me some of the history of the places I wanted to go. Even printed some bits out for me. Lovely cooked breakfast and plenty of tea. Would book again and will be next year. The owners Tom and Marie couldn't do enough for me. Also feel in love with the donkeys!

Room Tip: Spacious light clean rooms. Peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anita B
Marie C, Owner at Birchwood B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you, Anita, for your kind words. We do our best to please, and
take all your comments to heart.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you.