“Great stay at White Gables” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Gables Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kells
White Gables Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Kells B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Great stay at White Gables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I spent 5 nights at White Gables in Kells with my bf while visiting Co.Meath.
Gemma is a wonderful young lady with a friendly attitude and unreprochable skills for B&B and food! Breakfast was big and delicious, all freshly made and a nice way to a chat with other people around a table.
There is also a lovely sitting room with a door to go out in the garden. All says Ireland here!
Rooms are very clean and nicely furnitured. We had a bathroom on our own just outside the bedroom and that was a great plus. All is very clean, warm and cosy.
I highly suggest you stay at White Gables if you happen to visit Kells and the aftermaths.
Hugs Gemma

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Elena G

Families
Solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Gemma McGowan runs a fantastic B&B. The rooms were warm, welcoming and extremely clean. White Gables is conveniently located in the center of Kells. Everything is in walking distance.

Gemma gives her full attention to every need and request of her guests. She has a warm and inviting way with people and guest become one of her extended family. I have strict dietary requirements due to allergies and she really took great care with them. I am also a coffee addict, she provided amazing gourmet french press coffee for me 24 and 7.

I'm an International Event Manager from New York City who has traveled extensively for business therefore the accommodations I have stayed in were often 5 stars so my expectations are high. . All of them can learn from a thing or two from Gemma in regards to service, White Gables exceeded my expectations.. Gemma goes above and beyond to care for her guests.

Gemma is not only a wonderful hostess but her knowledge of the various sites in the area and her connection to them is inspirational.

If anyone is wondering where to stay in County Meath, look no further than White Gables. I promise you will be happy.

My holiday in Ireland was made special because of her. When you leave you will be sad but you will leave knowing that you made a great friend in Gemma and that her door is always open.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank MCaliendo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

From the moment I stepped into the door, Gemma, this B&B's proprietor was extremely warm and welcoming. This is a beautiful and quaint cottage like B&B with wonderful sleeping rooms. Gemma has thought of everything to provide her guests comfort and convenience. The meals compete with the best culinary chefs! I stayed there as part of a small group of travels to Ireland. The location is central to many historic sites. Staying here was lovely, comfortable and relaxing!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AvidBusinessTraveler
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

We arrived at White Gables near the end of our trip, and it really felt like stopping in at home! The home is lovely, with a beautiful, huge garden, very comfortable 'living' room, and a relaxed, calming environment. Gemma is an artist in the kitchen! ...as well as in decorating, hospitality, and products. Warm and friendly and bright, this home reflects all of those qualities as well. I can't wait for my next opportunity to visit Ireland, and especially to see Gemma and Donagh again, and to relax in this wonderful place! Treat yourselves......

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robsigns62
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

I love this B&B. It is cozy and comfortable. The location is great- walking distance from good rstaurants and a short drive from great attractions. Gemma, the owner, is an absolutely wonderful. hostess and chef. I highly recommend White Gables.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank rlw1031
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I visited with a larger tour. We had a very clean, cheery, pretty, private room with our own private bathroom overlooking the breathtaking garden. Our bedroom window looked out on the High Cross and the street below. We felt right at home, cozy and warm and comfortable. Gemma made the best Irish breakfasts we could have imagined, helping us to experience the Irish culture better than anywhere else we stayed in Ireland after our stay in Kells was over. It was just a short walk up a slight hill to all the shoppes, restaurants, pubs, and attractions that Kells has to offer. My husband and I are particularly interested in cemeteries, and St John's is literally a 2 minute walk away, and we visited it several times throughout our stay. Gemma was very knowledgeable about the history of her B&B and about the town of Kells and surrounding environs, and gave us as much information as we needed. She even performed a blessing for us and sang a gorgeous song at our wedding, which was held at St Kiaran's well, a very short drive out of town. I highly recommend trying out her place and especially the full Irish and full vegetarian breakfasts!! When we visit Ireland again in 2 years, we are definitely staying with Gemma again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duchesswendi
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We travel to Ireland twice a year and White Gables B&B is always on our tour. Gemma McGowan is a wonderful guide and incredible hostess. The food is always a highlight and our travelers look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2010