“I Wish I Stayed Longer”

Ranked #5 of 10 Trim B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“I Wish I Stayed Longer”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'm not eloquent with words. I don't have the creative skills to write a glowing review fitting of that which White Lodge deserves, which is too bad, because if I were capable of these things, I could tell you that my mere 1 day stay at White Lodge turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences of my trip to Ireland. Trim is the true "Ireland" that I've dreamed of for decades. White Lodge's owner Todd, is an awesome guy. I arrived as he and his girlfriend were about to leave for dinner, yet he welcomed me in and sat with me to chat for a bit and talk about the Boyne Valley area, it's history and even listen to me ramble on about the history of where I'm from. Everything was clean, bed comfortable and my room was the largest of any B&B's I visited during my 3 week trip to the UK and Ireland and the breakfast was superb. In fact, my breakfast was so big it kept me full until dinner!
The town of Trim is small and is home to the "Ireland" you dream about visiting. You know what I mean. During your evening out at the local restaurants and pubs, you're enjoying traditional Irish music and enjoying the "craic" with Irish locals and not a room packed with tourists. White Lodge and Trim is centrally located in the Boyne Valley and your time there will prove to be the highlight of your visit to Ireland. Todd, thank you very much for the incredible Irish hospitality. I hope to see you again very soon. Cheers!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Taylorsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful house, just outside town, walking distance. Clean and spacious room with multiple entrances to the house. Todd was charismatic and gentlemanly. Breakfast was very good with a large variety of foods. Host went out of his way to make our stay fun and relaxing.

Room Tip: All were super, quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The tourist information office recommended the White Lodge and it was sound advice. We found a neat, clean and friendly B&B that is convenient and a good value.
The Owner also directed us to Griffin's Pub for some great Irish music in the evening (but no food there), which made a great finish to a week in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Todd and wife Aileen are consummate hosts! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We laughed with them and had a great night at Regan's Pub. The accommodations were very nice.
The breakfast was hearty and well prepared.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry M
Dublin
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as we had a wedding in Trim. It was half the price of the hotel and was only a few euro in a taxi back after the wedding. The owner was very helpful and gave us a lift down to the hotel so that we wouldn't have to pay for two taxis. Great service. We were very grateful for this. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Perhaps they could have more of a selection of juices as I'm not a fan of orange juice! All in all, a lovely stay for the price. We would definitely stay again if we were to go to Trim.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We spent three nights at the White Lodge in Trim and enjoyed the location and hospitality offered at this B&B. Just a short walk to the center of town, our room was comfortable and large with plenty of room. We would recommend a stay at the White Lodge in Trim as the perfect location to visit all the great sites in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rangiora, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We turned up here after a fruitless search of accommodation all around the area. The owner was reluctant to let any rooms that night because road works were scheduled to take place all night in the streets nearby. When we explained that we'd been searching all afternoon he rang around a few places for us but his efforts were as fruitless as ours. He then agreed to take us but only if we agreed to let him reduce the nightly tariff. We call that great service. The house was very clean, our room was large and the road works only disturbed us a little. Breakfast was brilliant and we appreciated the wifi. I would recommend this place highly, not just because of the great service but because there is plenty to see and do nearby.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the house is where he put us so as to be further away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
Highfield House
Highfield House
#2 of 10 in Trim
Bounty Bar Accommodation

Been to White Lodge Trim? Share your experiences!