“An Oasis in a very pretty part of Ireland”
Review of Trim Castle Hotel

Trim Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at this Hotel numerous times over the past few years. Its a fantastic venue for business or pleasure and highly recommended.

Trim is a very quite backwater, whose main attraction is the castle. This hotel is an Oasis of first class pleasure in rural Ireland, it was quite a wrench when my work curtailed my regular visits to the Trim Castle.

One of the few business venues I would love to take my family back to.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jeremy_hartigan
NoelComer, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear jeremy

We very much appreciate your kind comments and we always look forward to welcoming you to Trim Castle Hotel.

Warm Regards

Noel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We choose this place as it was close to Dublin our next stop. And we had a rental car to drop off at the airport prior to Dublin. The room was nice, clean however we did have a bug issue I opened up one of the windows to get fresh air and a swarm of 50 flies or more flew into the window. The staff offered to move us to another room; I declined as we were on our way out for dinner. I picked up a fly swatter when we came back from dinner and managed to get most of the flies. As I look back I should have taken the offer for another room as after killing most of the flies I found a huge spider crawling up our curtain killed it too. I don’t fault the hotel for the bug issue, if another room is offered I would take it next time. The rooms were warm and as I am finding out most places only provide one duvet cover and no sheet. This makes for a very warm stay as you either get too warm because of the duvet or cool without any covers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marge M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologise sincerely for the insect issue you experienced. We have investigated this and it appears to ceased. Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had our wedding here in May and it was amazing from start to finish. The staff were so lovely and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and from speaking to our guests afterward it wasn't just us as the bride and groom that were treated like this. The food was fab and all the little touches throughout the day were lovely. I couldn't recommend having your wedding here more.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear yumyum21

We were honoured to host your special day at Trim Castle Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed the celebrations. Thank you for your kind comments.

Wishing you both every happiness for the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After more than a week of B&Bs around Ireland, we decided to stay In the Trim Castle Hotel one night. Excellent choice! Our large, clean and comfortable (almost luxurious) bedroom and bathroom was only 68 Euros total for the two of us. This included a WONDERFUL breakfast and parking in the garage under the hotel. Breakfast included a large and varied buffet, including the freshest, flakiest yummiest pastries plus a variety of other offerings. You could also order from the menu if you chose to and again, all included. The lobby of the hotel is very attractive and the every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear gottagetupandgo

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be good value. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I attended a wedding reception at the hotel and found the whole experience to be great. The food was excellent and presented well.
The staff were very friendly and professional and nothing was to much trouble.
The room allocated to us was a great size and spotlessly clean.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Derek G

Thank you for your recommendation we very much appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal in the bar with our 4 year old. They cater for children and to be honest the fish & chips portion for children is lovely plus the portion size is just right. The red thai curry was nice but the portion was on the small side for my husband, probably could have given alittle more for the price you pay, however presentation was nice. I would also recommend the Rhubard Fool for dessert. Prices probably a little too much for bar food if you are working off the bar menu. There is an option for 2 & course meal, they just did'nt appeal to us on the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tashamum

Thank you for your review. We have increased the portion size of our curry dish.It was ,as you mentioned, a little on the small side.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at Trim Castle for just one night as part of a hectic tour of Ireland that had us on the move everyday. We mixed B & Bs with hotels so our experiences were quite varied. However, our rooms (2) at Trim Castle were luxurious and a welcome respite at the end of a long day. They were spotlessly clean, with modern furnishings that made our stay very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear ImeChicago_IL

Thank you for staying at Trim Castle Hotel and I appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Noel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Navan
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!