“FIRST TIME IN TRIM CASTLE”
Review of Trim Castle Hotel

Trim Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed last Sunday night and found the hotel to be modern, good value and would definitely stay again. The atmosphere was lively and there was a great buzz. Car Parking for the night was €3 (a lot cheaper than staying in Dublin hotels).

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul s
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Trim Castle Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to stay again in the not too distant future.

Patrick Reilly

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Tonight's experience was disappointing to say the least. After having enjoyed the food at Trim castle hotel some years ago at a wedding I persauded my husband to veer off track and have dinner here. When we arrived we could see that it was clearly busy..which is a good sign. We seated ourselves and waited. There was a look of terror in the eyes of the wait staff. It was like feeding time at the zoo and they were clearly understaffed. The tables were not cleared, everyone seemed to be trying to get their attention, there seemed to be an issue with people's bills, the chairs and tables were filthy and there was a strange smell. We got up to leave but then decided to stay as I had assured my companion that the food was good. After an ordeal ordering we were presented with our food. While the soup given was not the soup we were advised of we tucked in. It was absolutely awful. Everything seemed overdone and flung onto the plate. It was clearly the results of a kitchen under pressure. And the ingredients were definitely not fresh. Am sure it's a one off and today's experience was a culmination of a lot of different factors. A good clean and a few extra staff may have done the trick.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CLKS25
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Trim Castle Hotel recently. I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the food & standard of service in our Bailey Bar - this is certainly not the standard at our Hotel and I will be speaking to our Head Chef & Bar Manager about the comments you have made.

I hope that perhaps you might afford us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future. If so, please contact me personally on preilly@trimcastlehotel.com.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Dublin is nice but if you don't care to stay in a big city the night before your flight, Trim is the place to be! The Trim Castle Hotel is beyond nice! The rooms are very large as well as the bathroom and they all have a balcony. If you are lucky, you might get one that has a view of Trim Castle.

2  Thank kickaroo77
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to receive such positive comments and your 5 out of 5 rating which I will gladly pass on to the team here in Trim.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel, in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We where on our way home from our honeymoon and when we touched down in dublin airport we decided ease the trip home by staying in a hotel.

We checked online decised to spend a couple of days in trim, near the castle, so contacted trim castle hotel.

My wife called them and explained that we were coming home from our honeymoon and would relly like a room with a nice view.

The staff were very friendly and confirmed the booking, not only that, on arrival they put us in the gorgeous honey moon suite! with a picture vista view of trim castle opposite us and included 3 course meal for 2 !!

Of all the places we had been on our honeymoon, the upgrade we were given at trim castle hotel was deffinetly one of the best, and our time spent around the castle grounds will deffinetly be ont of the most unforgettable experiences we will of had!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J P and Carolin... F
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for the kind review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I have shared your kind words with all the team here at Trim Castle Hotel and they join me in thanking you.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and thank you again for your great review.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 5 July 2014

What a wonderful view we had of the "Braveheart" Castle right outside our window. This was a great beginning to our trip to Ireland. The staff at the front desk were just positively wonderful! The room was clean and of good size. We were celebrating our Anniversary and told them at the front desk and they upgraded us to the Bridal Suite at no extra charge. We looked right onto the front of the castle. There were plenty of places to chose from for food right there on the property. This is the best hotel in Trim if you want the romance and fun of the Castle across the street.

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite! Has a perfect view of the Castle whether in bed or out!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aml4e

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us. I am delighted to read that we helped you celebrate your anniversary and that the team looked after you and your partner so well, I have passed your lovely comments on to them. I do hope that we will have the chance to be part of your next celebration and help you to relax and enjoy Trim.

Thank you again for such lovely comments.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I Stayed in Trim Castle with my family for a family wedding , and from the time we entered the hotel we were treated like royalty. the staff couldn't do enough for us. The hotel was immaculate ,the food divine, and the whole atmosphere was superb. the hotel gardens and castle was just as tranquil as any exotic destination. and the weather was beautiful that day :) with no rain.
I would highly reccommend Trim Castle.

Room Tip: very big rooms, the family room had 2 queen beds and a double sofa bed . big enough for 6/7.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sharonharding
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Trim Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded all our expectations. I’m particularly pleased that you were so impressed with the staff as we strive to achieve excellent standards of customer service. I’ll be sure to pass all your compliments on to all the team here. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a very modern hotel directly across the street from the castle. The bar serves all the local spirits and the restaurant serves excellent meals. The rooms were roomy and very comfortable. We paid 139 euros for the executive double room. A great value.

1  Thank 929BillB929

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trim Castle Hotel. I’m delighted that you were so impressed with your experience at the Hotel. It’s great that you enjoyed your meal and wer pleased with your bedroom. I’ll be sure to pass all your comments on to the team.

Many thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and we would be very happy to welcome you back in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Patrick Reilly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!