“Trim Castle Hotel - A European Vacation Must-Do”
Review of Trim Castle Hotel

Trim Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Folly Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Trim Castle Hotel - A European Vacation Must-Do”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Town of Trim on the River Boyne in Ireland's picturesque Boyne Valley is a must-do for any European Vacation. Located in Historic County Meath, Trim boasts a plethora of medieval hot spots & off the beaten path treasures such as Trim Castle, Newtown, St. Mary's Abby, the Yellow Steeple, The Sheep's Gate, St. Peter & Paul's Cathedral & more. The restaurants & pubs of Trim are some of the most impressive in the county, and for the outdoorsy types, there's great kayaking on the Boyne. But the glue that ties it all together is the Trim Castle Hotel. The third floor Terrace view of the castle, setting for the movie "Braveheart," is worth the stay alone, but couple that with an excellent staff, pristine accommodations & amenities, top-notch traditional Irish breakfast served daily, an eclectic menu in Jules Restaurant, and the hotel's walking-distance accessibility to everything Trim, and you have one of East Ireland's best-kept secrets. I'm already making plans to go back next year. Cheers & enjoy... \m/

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ben B
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Trim Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel & all the medieval sites that are located on our door step. I was especially pleased to read that you thought the atmosphere of Trim Castle Hotel was amazing, as we take pride in showcasing the hotel & the town to all of our visitors. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel in the near future.

Patrick Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
Dublin
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at the hotel! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Dinner was included as part of our stay and overall the stay offered exceptional value! I ordered a Mojito after dinner and the barman went out of his way just to get some mint for my drink.
The rooms were comfy and relaxing. Breakfast offered a great choice of food and I am so glad I chose to stay in the hotel.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Cnichuarta
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel, the food, and our staff. And look forward to the welcoming you back soon to Trim Castle Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was guest at a Wedding hosted in Trim castle and I had the most wonderful experience. The views are spectacular and the room was lovely. The staff from the receptionists, to the servers and bar people were engaging and extremely attentive. I have to say they helped make the night. A special shout out to Joe who had us wonderfully stocked with the potatoes we desperately wanted :) We plan on returning again for a short break and a trundle around the castle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for telling us and others about your experience at Trim Castle Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that our service was excellent. I do hope that you come back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here in February for a wedding and was very happy with the hotel and the service! The hotel is spacious and clean and the staff are very friendly! It was also very close to the town. We went for a stroll into town the day before and was very handy.
Breakfast was great too :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here for a night away last weekend and was delighted with the service.This is a lovely hotel right across from Trim Castle. All of the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming throughout the visit and the room was spacious and clean. We had a 5 course dinner for two in the hotel restaurant included in our package (which was great value) which was delicious and we were stuffed by the end of the meal. Breakfast was also included and was once again great. All around great impression of this hotel and I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and about our friendly and hard working staff. Thank you also for highlighting the quality of the food served at breakfast and dinner.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our flight was delayed approx. 3 1/2 hours and we didn't check in until around 12:45 a.m. The greeting when we arrived was "Welcome to Ireland". We were made to feel at home and our family felt so much better already. They were having a wedding at the hotel and the father from the wedding party invited our family to the reception. The hotel is beautiful and clean with huge rooms. I did however find a huge spider in the bathroom, which I'm sure could happen anywhere. There was a good selection of foods for breakfast which was included and was very good. I would definitely stay here again. Great hotel and great town!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the team here at the Hotel. We take great pride in our customer care and our team here are a massive asset to us at the Hotel.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding. Parts of the service was great example waiters but some of the wedding planner group were like headless chickens. Didn't know what was happening and I was passed from one person to the next in order to get any help.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Carol M
TrimCastlehotel, Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Trim Castle Hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some of the service in the hotel. Perhaps you would contact me directly at the hotel to discuss the details of your stay - please feel free to email me preilly@trimcastlehotel.com

Patrick Reilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Trim Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!