This review is long overdue!! We held our wedding reception in Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort in May 2012 and while we understood immediately how much the hotel had delivered the WOW factor – it is only more recently after attending 3 other weddings in quick succession at different venues that we really appreciate how far out all the stops were pulled by Patrick & the staff to make our day so special.
From the 1st time we viewed the hotel to consider it as a venue and met Sinead, the wedding manager – we were hooked immediately. Such was the level of professionalism that she showed us that day, we were so confident in the venue that we cancelled the 2 appointments for the following day to view other locations and booked it on the spot. Every contact prior to the wedding extended our confidence in the fact that we really had found somewhere special to celebrate our big day. The level of confidence she gave us in both her abilities and the hotels meant that we virtually went with all her recommendations and are totally happy that this was the right decision. To personalise the day a little further we were also able to discuss variations of the menu options with the head chef, John.
The day itself was flawless with all our guests giving the venue, the atmosphere, the food & the rooms rave reviews. All the staff made us feel at home, at ease and comfortable throughout the day. Their overall professionalism was 1st evident from the fact that the general manager Patrick, as well as Sinead and the 2 banqueting managers – Caroline & Mark greeted us at the front door upon our arrival. For them to serve over 260 top-class meals in as efficient manner as they did that day says something about the quality of staff!!
While it was a late night (!!!), the following day saw ourselves and many of our guests enjoy the golf course and the spa – both of which were top class – before adjourning to the golf club for a BBQ reception. Again, in one word – faultless!!!!
We simply could not recommend the Knightsbrook highly enough for any event or occasion – but as a wedding venue it is spectacular. All the staff even look happy to be there and are always ready to assist – something that can be quite rare nowadays.
To Patrick, Sinead, Mark, Caroline, John & every member of staff for creating & delivering a huge WOW factor to us and all our guests – THANK YOU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the historic Boyne Valley, Knightsbrook Hotel Spa and Golf Resort welcomes you to sample our beautiful 4 star luxury accommodation. The Knightsbrook is one of Ireland's most prestigious and exciting life style developments, promising a combination of luxury and modern sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knightsbrook Hotel And Golf Resort
- Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Trim
- Knightsbrook Hotel Trim