“Dissapointed by Checkin experience.”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having booked this hotel at the last minute through the hotel itself i really thought as a frequent visitor i would have got the best rate. However my friend and his family decided to travel with us and when he booked it he got it 20euro cheaper, now i am not complaining over 20 euro but when i am considered a frequent guest as the lady on the phone told me when i booked it i was surprised i didnt get the best deal. So when i arrived at the hotel i was greeted by the checkin staff and in particular one lady member of staff. I asked her why my room was 20 euro dearer than my friends who were checking in beside me at the same time by another 'friendly' member of staff and i was told 'it just was'. Then she ignortantly told me my room wasnt ready and checkin wasnt until 3, at the same time my friend was checked in and given their room(never stayed in hotel before). Its not the fact that the room wasnt ready it was just her attitude towards me. To be honest the hotel itself is lovely, room was good and food tasty, but as a frequent traveller to this hotel i felt let down by this lady on reception and also the fact that i didnt really get a good deal despite being told so when i booked it. Up to now i always rated this hotel highly and in fact i constantly recommended it and even got my friends to book their wedding there, but to be honest this last stay soured me, maybe the girl was havin a bad day so dont want to name her!!! And dont bother filling in the comments card as i filled it in but never got a reply so hence this rant!!! Other staff around hotel and the bar are very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course and on the 4th floor are best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mban1
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear mban1

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I apologise that you were disappointed with the check in process on this occasion. While I understand you have stayed with us before - our rates do vary depending on availability as well as other factors so I am sorry you feel that you did not get the best available rate on this stay.
Check in time is 3pm and while we do our very best to accommodate an early check in this is not always possible. Again some rooms are ready before others as they may have been vacated earlier and I believe that this was the case when you came to check in.

Perhaps on your next visit to Trim you would contact our Reservations Manager Therese directly and she will ensure to offer the best rate available for your next stay.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights for a family wedding. Room was fabulous and Hugh, with a balcony too. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent also the breakfast which had a great selection .

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, most of the rooms on that floor have balconies and seemed to be large...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lillian606

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel for a family wedding. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the facilities here at Knightsbrook.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here with my partner recently for a night. The standard of food in the restaurant was very good but the service was rather slow. The bedroom was very big and had all you would expect for a 4 star hotel.The views around the grounds and golf course are a nice extra bonus.The only complaint i would have is that all the little extras like coffee,scones.sandwiches and drinks are quite expensive so even though the rate was very good the bill was a lot more than we expected.All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would more than likely return.

Room Tip: Our room was a suite on the top floor and it was extremely quiet and well away from the lift.I am a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here one night over a weekend and used the spa and leisure facilities. The spa is excellent and very relaxing. Used the swimming pool and facilities and these were also excellent. Staff friendly at all times. Had dinner in the restaurant and food was delicious, again staff were very friendly and helpful. Room are lovely and spacious. Look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here last week with my family . We had a lovely large family room that was extremely comfortable. The view was not great as it was facing the carpark. We had a better room previously but still it was nice. Our dinner in the evening was really tasty and the kids liked their menu. the only issue I would have would be that our room was over the bar which is not ideal for a family room as we were in bed by 10.30. Once the national anthem was over we got a good nights sleep!!! Great pool and overall lovely stay will be back

Room Tip: If you have a young family ask to be away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holsgirlDublin
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear holsgirlDublin

Thank you for sharing your review of Knightsbrook Hotel following your family's recent stay. My apologies that your room was located over one of the bars in the hotel. Hopefully you will return to stay with us soon - please contact us directly and we will be sure to allocate your room in another area of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in the Terrace lounge here once or twice. The food is dreadful and certainly not worth the huge prices. On one occasion I got a chicken curry and the chicken was completely raw. I didn't look like it had touched a pan.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma C

Dear Emma C

Thank for you posting your comments following your dining experience in the Terrace Lounge - perhaps you would like to contact our Bar Manager directly to discuss your issues. Please email odunne@knightsbrook.com

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Second visit to Knightsbrook, this time with a party of 13 for a golfing and leisure weekend. From arrival to departure this hotel delivered. The hotel itself is lovely with spacious well furnished bedrooms and magnificent grounds/golf course. The food was very good although the service at dinner on both Friday and Saturday was a little slow but the hotel was packed and we were in no hurry. Breakfast was excellent as was the bar food. There was generally a good atmosphere in the hotel and this is probably down to the staff who were friendly and there to help if necessary. I would advise pre-booking golf if you hope to play at the weekend.
All in all a great hotel that I hope and I hope to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Patsy060

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Knightsbrook Hotel following your most recent stay. I am delighted you and your colleagues enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!