“Two day break”

Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Super hotel and even better spa. Had the best head, neck and shoulder massage by the Lovely Emma. Felt so much better after I heartily recommend it! Food was excellent and so was the service. We will be coming back !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank horseybird68
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear horseybird68

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments onto Emma at the River Spa and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

From arrival to departure this quick stay was fantastic. Dinner was really private excellent menu.
Fine dining at its best.
We had a very large suite over two floors with tv in bathroom what a wonderful gadget.
I neglected. To pre book the Spa which after having a sneak preview I certainly will be doing on return visit. It looks fantastic and was very busy but with individual rooms.
Staff were extremely friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnneBirchall

Dear AnneBirchall

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Knightsbrook Hotel following your short stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Duplex Suite you stayed in and hopefully we will be welcoming you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Can't really fault the hotel bar it being like most hotels and over heated. We used the spa, leisure centre, bar and restaurant and all were great. There is a lovely walking train close by from 'Newtown' to Trim Castle which I think the hotel could advertise as an activity for its guests. It was a real addition to our time spent in Trim. Also perhaps a road sign coming into Trim would help - it may exist and I missed it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hunt4

Dear Hunt4

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer at the hotel and indeed the beautiful walk along the River Boyne into the town of Trim.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a friend's wedding. Rooms are lovely. Really comfy beds. Best breakfast I've had in any hotel. Lovely lobby area and function room. Would definitely come back for a stay some time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 140,909

Dear 140909

Many thanks for your review following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I hope that you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went there with a Groupon voucher for one night with my girlfriend and thought it was brilliant. The room was spacious and the bed was gigantic. Had a nice bottle of champagne waiting too, although that was part of the Groupon deal. Still nice to see though!

I'm not an expert on hotel spas but this one certainly didn't disappoint. Really relaxing rooms and the massage was great. Did everything that I expected it too.

I thought the service was also great, we ordered jugs of water twice to the room and that wasn't a problem at all. We didn't have a great deal of money so avoided getting the hotel dinner. We actually ordered a Chinese instead and it was no problem at all to ask reception for a plate and forks! We were being a bit cheeky with that but they didn't mind at all which was really nice.

The breakfast in the morning was also great. There are a lot of weddings on here though so I would advise you not to leave the breakfast too late as we showed up at 10 and there was about a 20min wait. But once we were seated we availed of the amazing buffet. Did the job nicely.

Trim itself is also a lovely town with a lot of history. The hotel is about a 20min walk to the castle, and it's about a 40min drive to Dublin. Best of both.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan W
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Alan W

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to stay again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend break. The swimming pool was really good and our children loved it. The kids club was super Infact probably the best kids club we ever experienced. The leaders at kids club were great and the children's meals were included in kids club all free as we were guests at hotel. The food was good in restaurants. Breakfast was a tad crazy - we had to que for at least 20 mins before getting a table then a lot of meats were finished! Found staff at breakfast were stressed out hence unfriendly. We even witnessed the manager and staff member having words! Apart from that good hotel and we would go back.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear IRELANDSOUP

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel. It was wonderful to read your comments regarding our Little Knights Kids Club and I will be sure to pass these on to Sophie & Emily who are looking after our younger guests this Summer.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Fabulous hotel but the staff that work at the night functions let them down and I suppose I can single that down to one individual. A young girl, blonde, looked inexperienced who was collecting glasses, I won't get into the ridiculous carry on of her, but she was so rude and so unprofessional that I actually went to bed early because of her. Following her altercation with those at my table, she went up to the bar and clearly discussed the matter in an unprofessional manner, pointing down to our table and staring at us. It made us feel so uncomfortable.

If a hotel of this standard is going to hire people like this to work for them and represent them, how can I give it a positive review.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Crystallamp

Dear Crystallamp

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. Can you please contact our Conference & Banqueting Manager directly regarding your reveiw so that we may investigate this matter further - please email Caroline, cwalsh@knightsbrook.com

Kind Regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
#3 of 3 in Trim
Newgrange Hotel
Newgrange Hotel
#2 of 4 in Navan

Been to Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!