“Couldn't have got a better service!”
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Hey we had my sisters hen here for two nights and I cannot say enough about the hotel and staff! From the fri night we had a quite night but the hotel were so nice to us. And cudnt do enough! They had allocated a room for us to socialize have brekkie, lunch nd dinner where was decorated with balloons each time! We had the farm on the Saturday nd on d Saturday night residents bar was better than any I've been in we had Gerry who took care of us a little star he was! Girls planning any hens I wud completely recommend this hotel especially if doin causey farm! I can't rave enough about the service we received!

• Stayed: June 2013
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Mollin-sox

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
Also thank you for your kind comments, i will pass them to the team here.
We hope that the wedding goes as well as the hen party did.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent a night here on Friday 13th September, there were 2 couples and we got a good deal which included dinner and B&B.
Hotel is situated in a good location with the town centre within a few minutes walk.
The staff were very friendly and the food was great, no complaints here.
There was a few little things like no hot water in either bedrooms even after altering the dial, heating did not work in both rooms even though we set it to on so we had a cold night.
With that said we would come back and stay and would not let any of the above affect that decision.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Pat W

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I apologise you had trouble with the heating on that particular Night.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had our wedding reception at the Castle Arch hotel on 23rd August 2013 and to say the hotel was fantastic would be understating all the help and the excellent service we received. Of the wedding party we had three Coeliacs and a further five of the guests and the hotel really went out of their way to make sure most of the food was gluten free friendly for the meal and added several options for the evening food. The food was fantastic and some of the guests were even trying to get some of the deserts to bring home with them. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and at all times anything we asked for was done immediately.

Both myself and my husband would highly recommend this hotel for you wedding reception! But i would also like to add that this hotel has a friendly atmosphere for people just looking for a relaxing weekend and the food is amazing.

Thank you again to all the staff from both ourselves and our guests. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear fran3k

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad we were able to look after you and your guests on your special Day.
It was a pleasure to look after you and your guests.
I will pass on your kind words to the Team
Wishing you many years of happiness together and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed at the castle arch hotel for 3 nights (30th/31st/1st) August / September. The hotel is ideally located to explore the village of Trim and its castle. The hotel is basic (has bar / restaurant) but no other facilities for guests. Conference rooms and rooms used for weddings looked nice. I was also impressed with the WiFi availability throughout the hotel including the room itself. I found the breakfast very enjoyable as was served hot and fresh at the table rather then the Luke warm food you get on a breakfast buffet. I did not enjoy the carvery! At 13 Euros for 1 roast potato (frozen kind), frozen veg, ready made Yorkshire pudding, and sloppy mash it was not very nice at all. The size of the meat portion however was good. I would have rated this hotel as a 3 star however me and my friend hardly slept at all Friday and Saturday night due to the noise from the nightclub next door. It is not acceptable to have this amount of noise until 3:45am (Fri into sat and 2:30 (sat into Sun). It was that noisy the floor vibrated and I could give a track by track list of what was played it was that loud. We were out until 12:30 on Friday so thought the music would finish around 1. It didn't! Can't recommend this hotel at all as anyone wanting a good nights sleep won't get it here! Although we did complain all we got was a small reduction on the room rate as hotel was full. Had the nightclub not been closed Sunday night, the fact we were at a wedding until 1am Sat and that there arent many other hotels in the area we would have checked out sooner! Why they didn't tell s the room was next to the nightclub is beyond me! I does seem that only 1 or 2 Rooms are affected as we were with others who had rooms and out of 6 rooms we were the only ones affected as the other members of our party were the other side of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Andypud61

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us.
We always try and allocate guests away from any noise disturbance.
Every guest at the booking stage is made aware of any large functions that are being held on the nights they are staying. Because your room booking was made as part of a group perhaps this wasn't communicated. So i do apologise that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast.

Should you wish to return to the hotel in the future please contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Four 'senior' golfers stayed at this hotel 2012, we had no hesitation in booking again for 2013.
Hotel is great value for money,friendly staff, rooms were clean and beds comfortable, breakfast was adequate one downside was that tea and coffee were 'on tap' rather than freshly brewed. Would be happy to use again for future trips

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear GaryMNorthernIreland

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear that your group had such a wonderful with us on your last trip.
I have taken your comments in regards to breakfast on board and changes are in hand.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon on your next trip.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our family of three recently stayed at the Castle Arch in Trim for one night after a long flight into Dublin. We first travelled to Newgrange and wanted to stay in Trim to be able to see Trim Castle. The hotel was lovely. Our triple room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. We were able to park our car on site and walk into town and to the castle, easily enough. The included breakfast was wonderful and supper in the hotel restaurant was surprisingly good (try the bacon and cabbage!!) and affordable with a great décor . Everyone at the hotel and restaurant was friendly, helpful and courteous. It was a great way to start off our vacation in Ireland

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear tjfine

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripAdvisor.

Its wonderful to hear such positive comments.
I will pass your kind words onto my team.
We hope you enjoyed your time in County Meath and have wonderful memories of Trim.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We all stayed here on hen weekend. The hen package was fab, the staff organised the activity (Causey Farm), transport and VIP access to nightclub. The treasure pub hunt was good craic. Staff were lovely, very friendly and made us feel welcome. Food was fantastic for the price we paid. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CiaraG

Thank you for your review.
I'm so glad that your group had such a good time with us.
It was a pleasure to look after such a lovely group of ladies on such a special occasion.
We hope the wedding is as much fun as the hen party was!!

Shirley Brady

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!