“Time Of Our Life”
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hi Guys my review this time is of my Wedding which took place in the Castle Arch Hotel Trim. From the early days of planning the team of the Castle Arch under the guidance of Shirley Hotel Manager were without question the A Team. I cannot not thank them enough for the care and attention they gave us and made our day the best we ever had. From Linda,Ruth, Theresa, Ian and all the staff we thank you so much. But the best compliments came from our guests who all had great things to say. The food was superb and plenty of it the wine splendid and the atmosphere out of this world. All I can say if your a guest staying overnight or your planning a party or a wedding you have got to go and see them at the Castle Arch Hotel. To me they have the best wedding package and at an affordable price check them out. I can only say it was a home from home. We also recommend there carvery lunch or there evening A La Carte super. Thank you all again see you soon.

Room Tip: They are all warm and cosy. I did have the bridal suite wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear thefullmooney

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Its wonderful to hear such great comments. I will pass them onto the Team.
It was our absolute pleasure to look after such a wonderful couple and your guests on your wedding day.
We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Enjoy your Honeymoon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed with friends on a dealrush voucher deal,, on October 12th .Fabulous!!! excellent value for money. Hotel is better than the 3* it is advertised as, food was delicious, staff friendly and the town of Trim is well worth a visit. Will defo be booking to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Melani C

Thank you for your review.
I very much appreciate all guest feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a great hotel, friendly efficent staff, nice clean rooms, great value and fantastic food, I must mention the lovely waitresses who served us, they were so friendly and accomodating!! Really enjoyed the food, complements to the chef, would not hesitate to stay here again. Trim is also a lovely town, well worth a visit

Room Tip: If you are a sensitive sleeper, maybe not for you as there is a nightclub next door, didn't both...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear louise s

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I will pass your kind word onto my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

16 of us stayed in the hotel on sat 28th sept. Not a huge hotel but rooms were lovely and clean, we all had lunch when we arrived which was lovely and price ok. We also had a two course meal with a glass of vino as part of the deal we got. Food again was nice, but a 7 euro extra charge for a steak was a bit much. Service was slow but then again we werent in a hurry. It does advertise on the hotel web site that there is entertainment every sat night, but there was none the night we stayed so check when ringing to book. Breakfast was ok, not much variety bar the cooked breakfast, We all enjoyed our stay and thanks to the hotel for putting up such a big group

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Jenny F

Thank you for your review.
I appreciate all guest feedback and I am delighted that your group enjoyed your stay with us.
I have also addressed some other points you raised in your review.

We hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My cousin and I recently spent two nights here. We had a lovely big room, with space for a table and chairs and plenty of packing space as well. The room was comfortably and tastefully furnished. The only pity was that the windows looked out on to a slate roof, but that was because we had asked for a quiet room and there was to be a function with live music the one night. We also ate at the hotel on both nights and the food was very good indeed, and reasonably priced too. The staff was very helpful and kind. I just feel that the housekeeping needs to be tightened up a little. Our room did not look immaculate when we returned to it on the second night - pillows still in a pile on the floor etc and the first night there were no bath towels. Despite this little hiccough it was a wonderful stay. The hotel is also in a good location for walking to the castle and then driving to New Grange etc the following day.

Dear HelenZA

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.
I thank you for your positive comments and for bringing any issues you had with the hotel to my attention, these small problems have now been remedied.
Thank you for choosing the Castle Arch Hotel for your visit to Trim.
We look forward to seeing you all again

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went to the Castle Arch last friday to meet with friends. Such a wonderful homely feeling i got from this hotel. The staff were so lovely and friendly and couldnt look after us enough. The food we had was absolutly top class. The manager Shirley came over to check on us. She made us feel so welcome to the hotel. I asked to get a look at the layout of their function room as it was set for a wedding. Breath taking. From the beautiful chandeliers in the room, to the stunning table settings, the top table looked amazing with a fabulous back drop behind it. Unfortunately, i didnt have the pleasure of being able to stay but i most definitly will be making a visit back to. The bar was was buzzing. There was a great feeling in this hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay or eat.

Dear Sabrina D

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Hotel.
Guests always comment on the wonderful atmosphere at the hotel and i am glad you agree.
Hopefully you can join us for an overnight stay in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here recently for a hen party. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we were looked after.. We had sandwiches upon arrival , a three course meal and our breakfast the next day and all the food was beautiful. Rooms were lovely and comfortable .. Highly recommend for hen party we stayed and went to causey farm..

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lisao1234
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Lisao1234

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to look after such lovely ladies and we are delighted that you choose to celebrate with us.
We are always delighted with any feedback but to get such positive comments is wonderful.

We hope you all have a wonderful day at the wedding

Shirley Brady

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan
16 mi away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!