“food disappointing -such a shame”
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Belfast, United Kingdom
“food disappointing -such a shame”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

stayed last weekend on a grabone voucher not really expecting the red carpet treatment and initally was quite pleased-- staff were welcoming and helpful, room was spotless and spacious and things were looking up and then we decided to have our evening meal - suffice to say it was awful, from starter to dessert and next morning my wife asked for an omelette, to be told a fry was her only option so i'm afraid we took ourselves off to the trim castle hotel and ate there which incidentally was first class so guess where we will stay next time. Sorry Castle arch your food is a big letdown

Room Tip: room only folks eat elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weecleo
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear weecleo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback on our Staff & Accommodation facilities.
In regards to your comments regarding the food, obviously I am very disappointed you did not enjoy the food, I am however surprised you didn't report your issue to our Food Supervisors, to reception or indeed to the Manager either on the Night or on departure.
The Hotel is known locally for our wonderful food and is popular with all of our guests, so on this occasion I feel we must agree to disagree.
Should you wish to discuss this matter in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you for your feedback.

Shirley Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Really nice Hotel, Staff we're very friendly and couldn't have been more help-full. We were upgraded to the bridal suite upon arrival. Both breakfast and lunch were excellent..very tasty! Clean and comfortable! We would defo stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear TimC

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle Arch Hotel in the Not too distant future.

Dublin
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hi Guys my review this time is of my Wedding which took place in the Castle Arch Hotel Trim. From the early days of planning the team of the Castle Arch under the guidance of Shirley Hotel Manager were without question the A Team. I cannot not thank them enough for the care and attention they gave us and made our day the best we ever had. From Linda,Ruth, Theresa, Ian and all the staff we thank you so much. But the best compliments came from our guests who all had great things to say. The food was superb and plenty of it the wine splendid and the atmosphere out of this world. All I can say if your a guest staying overnight or your planning a party or a wedding you have got to go and see them at the Castle Arch Hotel. To me they have the best wedding package and at an affordable price check them out. I can only say it was a home from home. We also recommend there carvery lunch or there evening A La Carte super. Thank you all again see you soon.

Room Tip: They are all warm and cosy. I did have the bridal suite wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear thefullmooney

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Its wonderful to hear such great comments. I will pass them onto the Team.
It was our absolute pleasure to look after such a wonderful couple and your guests on your wedding day.
We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Enjoy your Honeymoon!

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed with friends on a dealrush voucher deal,, on October 12th .Fabulous!!! excellent value for money. Hotel is better than the 3* it is advertised as, food was delicious, staff friendly and the town of Trim is well worth a visit. Will defo be booking to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Melani C

Thank you for your review.
I very much appreciate all guest feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We Hope to see you again soon

Mayo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a great hotel, friendly efficent staff, nice clean rooms, great value and fantastic food, I must mention the lovely waitresses who served us, they were so friendly and accomodating!! Really enjoyed the food, complements to the chef, would not hesitate to stay here again. Trim is also a lovely town, well worth a visit

Room Tip: If you are a sensitive sleeper, maybe not for you as there is a nightclub next door, didn't both...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear louise s

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I will pass your kind word onto my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

16 of us stayed in the hotel on sat 28th sept. Not a huge hotel but rooms were lovely and clean, we all had lunch when we arrived which was lovely and price ok. We also had a two course meal with a glass of vino as part of the deal we got. Food again was nice, but a 7 euro extra charge for a steak was a bit much. Service was slow but then again we werent in a hurry. It does advertise on the hotel web site that there is entertainment every sat night, but there was none the night we stayed so check when ringing to book. Breakfast was ok, not much variety bar the cooked breakfast, We all enjoyed our stay and thanks to the hotel for putting up such a big group

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Jenny F

Thank you for your review.
I appreciate all guest feedback and I am delighted that your group enjoyed your stay with us.
I have also addressed some other points you raised in your review.

We hope to see you all again.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My cousin and I recently spent two nights here. We had a lovely big room, with space for a table and chairs and plenty of packing space as well. The room was comfortably and tastefully furnished. The only pity was that the windows looked out on to a slate roof, but that was because we had asked for a quiet room and there was to be a function with live music the one night. We also ate at the hotel on both nights and the food was very good indeed, and reasonably priced too. The staff was very helpful and kind. I just feel that the housekeeping needs to be tightened up a little. Our room did not look immaculate when we returned to it on the second night - pillows still in a pile on the floor etc and the first night there were no bath towels. Despite this little hiccough it was a wonderful stay. The hotel is also in a good location for walking to the castle and then driving to New Grange etc the following day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear HelenZA

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.
I thank you for your positive comments and for bringing any issues you had with the hotel to my attention, these small problems have now been remedied.
Thank you for choosing the Castle Arch Hotel for your visit to Trim.
We look forward to seeing you all again

Shirley Brady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Bellinter House
Bellinter House
#1 of 4 in Navan

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!