“Brilliant”

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend & I stayed Friday 28th March 2014 until Sunday 30th. We had a GrabOne Voucher for 2 nights B&B AND 1 DINNER..
From arriving on Friday until checkout on Sunday we cannot fault it! We were greeted on Friday by friendly, professional staff. We asked to change rooms as the room we were allocated did not suit us and it was no problem for the staff. They were only too happy to help. We had Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in hotel, everytime it was delicious, tasty and fresh. Very close to Trim Castle. Nice lil town about 3 min walk, few pubs, couple shops, chemist etc.. Navan town and shopping centre about 20-25 mins away so very handy.
Our room was lovely. Cosy, big flat screen TV. Comfortable bed. The hotel overall is well maintained, clean and fresh.
The staff in restaurant are great. friendly, chatty, professional. Our waitress for the weekend was Lisa. Nothing was too big or small for her, always on hand to answer any questions we had and she gave great advice on where to go and what to do in the area!!
We will be going back in the summer, no doubt about that. Only roughly 40 mins from Dublin, drive is great, straight all the way!
There is a nightclub in the hotel for those into it, it seemed quite popular with residents and locals!
Overall great weekend was had, raging to be home.
See you all in the summer!!!

Room Tip: We had room 102. Comfortable, cosy and clean! what more could you want
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcdub2003
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear kcdub2003

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are delighted you had a wonderful weekend with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shirley Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed on a Living Social deal. Hotel is quite nice, staff very friendly and helpful, except for one barman. Thought he had an issue with me, but my partner pointed out he was rude with most people. Restaurant seems to be part of the bar and had a TV on the wall which was tuned to Sky Sports, in a restaurant!? Asked waitress would she mind turning it off, which she did.
Food very poor, caesar salad with shredded lettuce and grated cheddar, mayonnaise dressing?
Spring roll awful...
Rooms nice and spacious..
We were warned that there was a nightclub on late, but assured that we would be far away from it, never heard a sound

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear paulcDublin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very surprised by some of the comments in your review, The hotel does advertise that we don’t have a formal restaurant instead we favor a more casual bistro style setting for our guests in which people can relax and watch TV if they wish. I constantly receive compliments on the friendliness of my staff and indeed our Food. We have sold hundreds of Vouchers with various different websites and we have never received complaints about the food, Our Caesar Salad is prepared fresh in the traditional way using crispy cos lettuce, bacon pieces, herb croutons topped with parmesan cheese and house dressing, I apologise this was not to your taste. I am glad that you enjoyed your main course and the bedroom facilities.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel I would be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Dundalk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Our bathroom was filthy,covered in dust.i have posted a picture showing this.very noisy and hardly slept.the decor was just awful, very old fashioned, room was dull and depressing- please avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Callan40
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
All of our Bedrooms have recently been renovated so I am surprised by your comments that the décor was “Awful, Dull & Depressing”.
I have looked back on your reservation and I was disappointed to learn you didn’t speak to a manager on check out to express your dissatisfaction with your Room. I have however investigated the matter with the housekeeping department.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel we would be more than happy to assist you in your reservation.

dublin,Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here on the 28/02/14 and the 1/03/14,i found the staff very friendly and helpful.The food was (breakfast twice and evening meal)really nice and the service was excellent.
The rooms are lovely and spacious and comfortable with free wifi (excellent speed).
All in all I couldn't find any fault with our stay, the hotel retains an old fashioned charm which you can't find in your typical modern day 4 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Liverdub

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
It was our pleasure to look after you.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the no too distant future.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at Castle Arch Hotel for one night, attending a wedding. I cannot fault anything about this hotel - staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Very good value, food was outstanding both the canopies, the wedding meal, and the following morning's breakfast was made to order - so it was cooked fresh for each person. They even had Barry's tea in the bedrooms - the best you can get.
Thanks - fantastic. Liam & Christine Payne

Room Tip: Dont take a room over the night club at weekend (they had already moved us to a room away from it pr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Christine B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time at the wedding.
I will pass your kind comments to my team.
We aim to ensure our guests feel as welcome as possible and we believe its the small things that make a difference.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel on your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We got engaged on 25/12/12 and we went around alot of hotels to find the right hotel for us. The minute we walked into the Castlearch Hotel we knew this was the hotel for us. From the very beginning (in jan '13 when we booked the hotel!) the management and staff were excellent. Planning a wedding is not easy, especially when your planning it in 11 months but the management and staff at the hotel were always there to answer all my questions very promptly and anything I asked to be done was never a problem. From the beginning their main priority was making sure we were happy. The food is out of this world. We would go over regularly to have dinner and each time the food is delicious. The bridal suite was very romantic with its 4 poster bed. All in all if I was doing it over again, my first port of call would be the Castlearch Hotel, I wouldn't even look at another hotel. They made our Christmas wedding more magical than I could ever have expected. Mr. & Mrs. Byrne

• Stayed December 2013
Dear AnnByrne121213

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad we were able to look after you and your guests on your special Day.
It was a pleasure to work with such a wonderful couple.
I will pass on your kind words to the Team.
Wishing you many years of happiness together and we hope to see you both again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed earlier this month staff were very helpful and friendly Our room was very comfortable with good bed linen No WiFi but Ethernet available We had a bar snack for lunch which was good BUT the BREAKAST was awful very little choice and cooked food look and tasted like it had been sitting for quite a while We were back in this area but did not return to the Castle Arch Hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Sharen G

Thank you for your review.
I will make sure the staff receive your kind compliments.
All of our Rooms currently have WiFi and Ethernet free of charge for all hotel guests.
In regards to our comments regarding your breakfast all food is cooked to order to ensure freshness and we also have a number of options available from Cooked to continental breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the Future.

Shirley Brady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
Bellinter House
Bellinter House
#1 of 4 in Navan
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!