“The staff are amazing and made our stay fantastic”
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have to say Linda and the staff from the moment we arrived for my sisters hen they couldn't do enough for us. Even before we arrived I was on the phone and Linda was amazing, she give me ideas for the hen and all ha!! I would definitely recommend The castle Arch Hotel, the food was amazing too. We were actually here last July for my sister in laws hen and that's why we came back because of how the staff treated us. Will be back again and soon I hope. Well done on a great team guys.

• Stayed: February 2014
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Denisekkelly

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you all enjoyed your weekend . I will pass your lovely words onto Linda and the team.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home from a brilliant wknd! This was a 2nd hen party we have had their and they are just fantastic no matter what you ask for down to delivery at 4am!!, Jerry is d best night porter ever! I could keep raving on but thanks to Linda and all other girls on reception and our waitress lovely girl can't wait for return visit!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear mollin-sox

Thank you for your lovely words, it was our pleasure to look after you all again. Our home is your home!! We look forward to welcoming you all back for the next Hen Party

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend & I stayed Friday 28th March 2014 until Sunday 30th. We had a GrabOne Voucher for 2 nights B&B AND 1 DINNER..
From arriving on Friday until checkout on Sunday we cannot fault it! We were greeted on Friday by friendly, professional staff. We asked to change rooms as the room we were allocated did not suit us and it was no problem for the staff. They were only too happy to help. We had Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in hotel, everytime it was delicious, tasty and fresh. Very close to Trim Castle. Nice lil town about 3 min walk, few pubs, couple shops, chemist etc.. Navan town and shopping centre about 20-25 mins away so very handy.
Our room was lovely. Cosy, big flat screen TV. Comfortable bed. The hotel overall is well maintained, clean and fresh.
The staff in restaurant are great. friendly, chatty, professional. Our waitress for the weekend was Lisa. Nothing was too big or small for her, always on hand to answer any questions we had and she gave great advice on where to go and what to do in the area!!
We will be going back in the summer, no doubt about that. Only roughly 40 mins from Dublin, drive is great, straight all the way!
There is a nightclub in the hotel for those into it, it seemed quite popular with residents and locals!
Overall great weekend was had, raging to be home.
See you all in the summer!!!

Room Tip: We had room 102. Comfortable, cosy and clean! what more could you want
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcdub2003

Dear kcdub2003

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are delighted you had a wonderful weekend with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed on a Living Social deal. Hotel is quite nice, staff very friendly and helpful, except for one barman. Thought he had an issue with me, but my partner pointed out he was rude with most people. Restaurant seems to be part of the bar and had a TV on the wall which was tuned to Sky Sports, in a restaurant!? Asked waitress would she mind turning it off, which she did.
Food very poor, caesar salad with shredded lettuce and grated cheddar, mayonnaise dressing?
Spring roll awful...
Rooms nice and spacious..
We were warned that there was a nightclub on late, but assured that we would be far away from it, never heard a sound

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear paulcDublin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very surprised by some of the comments in your review, The hotel does advertise that we don’t have a formal restaurant instead we favor a more casual bistro style setting for our guests in which people can relax and watch TV if they wish. I constantly receive compliments on the friendliness of my staff and indeed our Food. We have sold hundreds of Vouchers with various different websites and we have never received complaints about the food, Our Caesar Salad is prepared fresh in the traditional way using crispy cos lettuce, bacon pieces, herb croutons topped with parmesan cheese and house dressing, I apologise this was not to your taste. I am glad that you enjoyed your main course and the bedroom facilities.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel I would be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Our bathroom was filthy,covered in dust.i have posted a picture showing this.very noisy and hardly slept.the decor was just awful, very old fashioned, room was dull and depressing- please avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Callan40
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
All of our Bedrooms have recently been renovated so I am surprised by your comments that the décor was “Awful, Dull & Depressing”.
I have looked back on your reservation and I was disappointed to learn you didn’t speak to a manager on check out to express your dissatisfaction with your Room. I have however investigated the matter with the housekeeping department.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel we would be more than happy to assist you in your reservation.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here on the 28/02/14 and the 1/03/14,i found the staff very friendly and helpful.The food was (breakfast twice and evening meal)really nice and the service was excellent.
The rooms are lovely and spacious and comfortable with free wifi (excellent speed).
All in all I couldn't find any fault with our stay, the hotel retains an old fashioned charm which you can't find in your typical modern day 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Liverdub

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
It was our pleasure to look after you.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the no too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at Castle Arch Hotel for one night, attending a wedding. I cannot fault anything about this hotel - staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Very good value, food was outstanding both the canopies, the wedding meal, and the following morning's breakfast was made to order - so it was cooked fresh for each person. They even had Barry's tea in the bedrooms - the best you can get.
Thanks - fantastic. Liam & Christine Payne

Room Tip: Dont take a room over the night club at weekend (they had already moved us to a room away from it pr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Christine B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time at the wedding.
I will pass your kind comments to my team.
We aim to ensure our guests feel as welcome as possible and we believe its the small things that make a difference.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel on your next visit.

Shirley Brady

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Trim Castle Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan
16 mi away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!