“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Arch Hotel

Castle Arch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trim
Wicklow
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are dated and in poor condition , beds were rock hard . Had breakfast which was rank barely edible . Cheap hotel , cheap experience ( nice staff though). Would be grand for a stag do but you really wouldn't to be spending any time in the hotel itself

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gatsby123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Thanks to Linda and all the staff in castlearch. Its a fab hotel nd no matter what or when we asked for something it was no prob. It was my sisters hen nd thats was the second time there for a hen and everything was perfect for us. Would highly recommend this place for acc and food fab aswell.

1 Thank Ekane80
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Elaine

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us again. I will pass your lovely comments on to the Team for you. We hope to welcome you back to The Castle Arch Hotel in the near future. Enjoy the wedding Elaine

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hi to Linda and all the staff at the castle arch hotel !
I would like to thank you for accommodating myself an 20 other ladies for my hen party @ the weekend ..... I couldn't fault you on anything the level of service you provided was outstanding food accommodation , friendliness of the staff and willingness to help in anyway possible ! I for one felt like royalty and will be definitely telling anyone I know to make a visit down there ... Thanks again for everything especially for making us feel so special .... Helen waters

Dear Helen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted you had a great weekend with us and im sure you will have a fantastic time in Italy . We wish you and your future husband to be a prosperous life together. Hopefully you will both be back to us as Mr & Mrs.

County Louth, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have to say Linda and the staff from the moment we arrived for my sisters hen they couldn't do enough for us. Even before we arrived I was on the phone and Linda was amazing, she give me ideas for the hen and all ha!! I would definitely recommend The castle Arch Hotel, the food was amazing too. We were actually here last July for my sister in laws hen and that's why we came back because of how the staff treated us. Will be back again and soon I hope. Well done on a great team guys.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Denisekkelly

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you all enjoyed your weekend . I will pass your lovely words onto Linda and the team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home from a brilliant wknd! This was a 2nd hen party we have had their and they are just fantastic no matter what you ask for down to delivery at 4am!!, Jerry is d best night porter ever! I could keep raving on but thanks to Linda and all other girls on reception and our waitress lovely girl can't wait for return visit!

Dear mollin-sox

Thank you for your lovely words, it was our pleasure to look after you all again. Our home is your home!! We look forward to welcoming you all back for the next Hen Party

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend & I stayed Friday 28th March 2014 until Sunday 30th. We had a GrabOne Voucher for 2 nights B&B AND 1 DINNER..
From arriving on Friday until checkout on Sunday we cannot fault it! We were greeted on Friday by friendly, professional staff. We asked to change rooms as the room we were allocated did not suit us and it was no problem for the staff. They were only too happy to help. We had Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in hotel, everytime it was delicious, tasty and fresh. Very close to Trim Castle. Nice lil town about 3 min walk, few pubs, couple shops, chemist etc.. Navan town and shopping centre about 20-25 mins away so very handy.
Our room was lovely. Cosy, big flat screen TV. Comfortable bed. The hotel overall is well maintained, clean and fresh.
The staff in restaurant are great. friendly, chatty, professional. Our waitress for the weekend was Lisa. Nothing was too big or small for her, always on hand to answer any questions we had and she gave great advice on where to go and what to do in the area!!
We will be going back in the summer, no doubt about that. Only roughly 40 mins from Dublin, drive is great, straight all the way!
There is a nightclub in the hotel for those into it, it seemed quite popular with residents and locals!
Overall great weekend was had, raging to be home.
See you all in the summer!!!

Room Tip: We had room 102. Comfortable, cosy and clean! what more could you want
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank kcdub2003
Dear kcdub2003

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are delighted you had a wonderful weekend with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed on a Living Social deal. Hotel is quite nice, staff very friendly and helpful, except for one barman. Thought he had an issue with me, but my partner pointed out he was rude with most people. Restaurant seems to be part of the bar and had a TV on the wall which was tuned to Sky Sports, in a restaurant!? Asked waitress would she mind turning it off, which she did.
Food very poor, caesar salad with shredded lettuce and grated cheddar, mayonnaise dressing?
Spring roll awful...
Rooms nice and spacious..
We were warned that there was a nightclub on late, but assured that we would be far away from it, never heard a sound

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CastleArchHotel, General Manager at Castle Arch Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear paulcDublin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am very surprised by some of the comments in your review, The hotel does advertise that we don’t have a formal restaurant instead we favor a more casual bistro style setting for our guests in which people can relax and watch TV if they wish. I constantly receive compliments on the friendliness of my staff and indeed our Food. We have sold hundreds of Vouchers with various different websites and we have never received complaints about the food, Our Caesar Salad is prepared fresh in the traditional way using crispy cos lettuce, bacon pieces, herb croutons topped with parmesan cheese and house dressing, I apologise this was not to your taste. I am glad that you enjoyed your main course and the bedroom facilities.

Should you wish to return to the Castle Arch Hotel I would be delighted to assist with your reservation.

Shirley Brady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trim
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews

Been to Castle Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!