“Great food and views”

Ristorante La Sciabica
Ranked #14 of 132 Restaurants in Agropoli
Price range: US$21 - US$70
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nottingham
“Great food and views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the end of October when it was not busy. We were the only ones there at 7 o'clock, on a Sunday night. A few more people came later. The service was impeccable, the tables set with linen and linen serviettes, which always gets extra points from me!!
My husband had the fish casserole all to himself as it was meant for two, but I'm allergic to mussels so couldn't join him. It was loaded with fish, mainly shellfish and more than enough for two and at only 20 euros really good value. I had lobster ravioli which was excellent. We followed this up with the "dolci suggestion" which was delicious.
There is a superb view of the marina from here, and the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited October 2013

Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have eaten here twice now and never have I been disappointed, I have never seen a menu as the waiter knows every item on it and his recommendations have always been perfect for me and my wife, the foos is always freshly cooked and very very tasty. If you want a great view with your meal eat here. I highly recommend you try the antipasto Misto di mare, followed by the risotto, and then the spigola sotto sale, if you have any room left after this fresh fruit, cafe and to aid the digestion a grappa.

• Visited October 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Big fancy looking restaurant by the sea - no go zone”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Was there in April. We were looking for simple seafood restaurant. This was the only one that was opened. We knew to never eat at the biggest touristy looking restaurant by the sea but we had no choice.

The only food that was nice was my "lobster spaghetti" however, it was not what i had expected. I was expecting half a lobster for the price but it came with one pathetic tiny mini lobster looking shrimp in the size of a langoustine. The sauce was good though.

My secondi was seafood mixed which the menu said assorted clams and prawns. It came mainly with the "smelly" mussles, few tiny vongole and no prawns. When i asked for the prawns, they came separately a bowl of tiny prawns.

After this restaurant, we decided to give up looking for decent restaurant in Agropoli and mostly cook our own meals with the fresh seafood we can buy from shops.

• Visited April 2013
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We went there in August 7th, 2012. We followed the suggestion by TripAdvisor. We had my daughter (9 months) with us. Really nice location, personnel over 35 only, the waiter Sabino careful and discrete. He helped us so much with my daughter. He suggested us the starter "Antipasto misto di mare" (one dish divided among 2 persons). Not so much, but tasty. After that, two "Paccheri all'astice". Again small portions, but delicious. Really. Dessert: "Scomposta al cioccolato" and "Cupolotto al cioccolato bianco e fondente". Perhaps the nicest we ever had. A bottle of "Greco di tufo" was served at the right temperature. Cost: 75 euro.
Final remark: 4 over 5 only for the small portions.

• Visited August 2012
Paestum, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buon Appetito!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

It is a little difficult to find one particular restaurant to write about as there are so many here in Cilento, all offering varied menus, local delicacies and authentic atmospheres. We have dined in several diverse settings, from a tiny Trattoria in the back streets of Naples (where we were the only two guests and enjoyed the house specialty, Spaghetti alla Sorrentina and a bottle of local red), to an elegant and elite Ristorante, where the place mats were delicate crystal (extremely nerve wracking with two under-5s in tow!), to a small local hideaway which resembles someone’s patio (and does fantastic Cannelloni!).

So why have I chosen La Sciabica for my first review?

Set on the beautiful and lively harbour of Agropoli, yet high enough to be able to watch the panoramic view of the sunset away from the meanderings below, La Sciabica ticks all the right boxes.

We dined there two weeks ago and on arrival our party was warmly met by a maître di with a friendly smile who immediately offered us a table situated on the veranda under the warm Cilento evening breeze. Our two children, aged 5 and 2 were genuinely made welcome and we were able to completely relax, not having to worry about the occasional dropped fork or the few spills on the crisp white and lemon table cloths.

The menu was extensive and inviting, with local specialties mixed amongst the more usual dishes, offering something to tempt all tastes. Our party of five ordered Veal, Steak, Linguini with Seafood, Pizza Margherita for the children, plus drinks (Peroni, Coca-Cola and water)… and we weren’t disappointed!

The food arrived quickly, was piping hot and all the dishes came together (which can be unusual here as many Italian restaurants bring salad and chips separate from the main course if not stated). The food was appealingly presented and delicious. The veal, set on a bed of green salad and sprinkled with just enough Grana Padano cheese, was delicate and tender. The steak was perfectly cooked ben cotto (well-done) yet remained succulent and not the slightest bit tough. The linguini pasta was effortlessly al dente, the seafood fresh and flavoursome, yet without tasting oily.
The pizza, always good in this region wherever one dines, was devoured by the children who ate every bit.

Our party of five, with ages ranging from 2-67 years, eventually left the restaurant feeling satiated, satisfied and content.

Just a few steps from the port into Agropoli town, we then each enjoyed a home-made ice cream whilst strolling along the cobbled medieval streets, illuminated by the small boutiques and shops which remain open until 9pm. The perfect end to a perfect evening!

The delightful meal, (totaling a very reasonable €65, approx. £52), the picturesque harbour setting, the friendliness and service from the restaurant and maître di plus the charm and appeal of Agropoli will ensure we will return to La Sciabica many times.

• Visited May 2012