“How can this place get bad reviews?”
Review of Km Zero Restaurant

Km Zero Restaurant
Reserve with
Km Zero Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$35 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kilometer zero Restaurant The definition of KM zero is using and consuming food from the area of production Our farmhouse restaurant has always had this philosophy, that is, what is produced in our region (an area famous for wine and food ) becomes the foundation of our menu . By respecting the seasonality of our products we can ensure the freshness and quality of our ingredients . We put effort into promoting the local produce that tells a story about our surrounding territory without ignoring the excellent products that Italy is so famous for.
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Sorrento on vacation and we stumbled upon this great restaurant in the foothills of Sant'Agata, just a short drive from Sorrento. We were astounded. The restaurant overlooks a breathtaking scenery of the gulf of Salerno, and is immersed in a lush area filled with flowers, surrounded by gardens and fresh air. The location alone deserves 5 stars. As for the food, what can I say, top quality, rustic, traditonal, and quite frankly the best I had in this area. The owners were very welcoming and the servers were extremely kind and professional. Definitely will be coming back!

1  Thank 157MichaelO

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We all loved this restaurant the moment we stepped into it. It is tucked away and very hard to find but the restaurant taxi service came to pick us up so we could all have a drink. The restaurant is set in an old farmhouse, with flowers, onions and produce made on the farm hanging from the rafters and in every crook and cranny - a delight on the eye. It is very good home made Italian food. We had a bottle of the farms own wine which was very good. We had the taster menu then the pasta course. DELISCOUS!!!! We had to stop there as we were so full up, but we did share a chocolate desert and had a couple of homemade liqueurs. We were only one of two table as we went out of season and on a Wednesday night, but all that meant was we had the owners full attention and he was very attentive. Absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Four of us had dinner here. We were first served many different kinds of antipasta - mussels in broth, roasted peppers, some kind of small fish, eggplant, beans. Lots and lots of food. Then we ordered the special pasta with white onions. It was fabulous. When the dessert came, we thought there was no way we could eat it all, but we did. Divine. (see the picture) The service was magnificent and the place was so inviting - flowers, drying vegetables, a real farmhouse feel to it. We sampled their different drinks - limoncello finochietto (a fennel-based drink) and others. All very nice. This is a family-run unique dining experience near the Amalfi Coast.

1  Thank TekPa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were guests in this restaurant as we were lodging near by in the house of the owner's relative. When we were visiting the restaurant the owner was taking care of our service. I must say that everything went smoothly and the owner was very patient with us - mostly non Italian speakers - explaining the dishes with very fluent English, which is not very common around the area. For the first dish we were able to choose to be served individually or have have plates or a "tasting" menu, which we choose. As the food was served, numerous plates were transferred from hand to hand and we all could have a taste of various dishes. The warm food was served individually according to our orders. My food was was too salty and I had to leave it.

The service seemed to be very good and all the personnel was very friendly. I hope the same applies if you are not a special guest. The restaurant also takes care of bookings and reservations of all kind of activities around the Amalfi coast. Once I had to return to ask them for advice about a restaurant our group was planning to have lunch in. They were very helpful and as my Italian is not perfect, they had the owner on the phone to guide me to the restaurant, in English.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice but not refined. I suppose that it's merely used for local parties which we witnessed passing the restaurant on our way home late in the evening. In the summer time I think they also use the garden to entertain the guests. There is practically no space for parking around the restaurant and you'll have to leave your car in a parking place "above" the restaurant and walk down the narrow street to reach them.

The restaurant owner has two very old and grand German shepherd dogs that were loitering around every time when I visited the restaurant. They seemed to be the masters of the house obviously and you had to be very careful not to step on them as they did not bother to move even when they were lying right across the pathways or inside the restaurant. Italians like to keep a guardian dog around their house and the barking of the dog means there's someone on the property or passing the house. When we were passing the restaurant late in the evening on our way home there was no barking though, the dogs recognized us from the day one.

The restaurant also hosts cooking courses

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Before travelling to the Massa Lubrense area I had researched restaurants and liked the sound of this place, especially as they offer a 'taxi' service. My husband and I went along to have a look and asked about booking a table. We should have been alerted at that stage as they really didn't seem to be that keen to take our booking, however, a table and taxi were organised for that evening. The taxi service was excellent but that was about the only thing that was! On arrival we were shown to our table which was nice but the service was very poor - we had to wait a long time before anybody came to take our order and everything seemed to be a bit of a hassle. My starter of Aubergine Parmasan was really disappointing - I had had this in Rome a few days earlier and it was delicious but this version didn't resemble it at all. Both of our main courses were extremely average and the service didn't improve at all - the waiter didn't bother pouring our wine, we weren't asked if we had enjoyed the food etc. We didn't bother hanging about for dessert as we just wanted to get away.