“Our dream wedding come true”

Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We had our wedding reception here on September 3rd 2011 and it surpassed even my wife's expectations! If you read TripAdvisor for ideas for Sorrento wedding venues the standard routine seems to be wedding at the Cloisters and reception at Relais Blu.....forget it, we were badly let down by the Relais Blu 2 days before we flew out to do the menu tasting and the owner seems more inclined towards profit these days. Fortunately for us we found the Oasi and Carmen, a match made in heaven and just 20 minutes from Sorrento. First of all let me tell you that after we agreed (Oct 2010) to host the reception with Carmen she invited us back to stay with her for 2 nights and do the menu tasting as her guest. We came back in April and over the 2 days tried all the dishes plus wines and Carmen did not charge us a penny.

On the day everything was perfect, the setting and grounds are idyllic, we had musicians playing on arrival for the appetisers, oysters and Prosecco, followed by a 6 course sit down meal, all food of the highest quality and excellent wines to match. The flowers, table decorations, every detail taken care of. And of course the views to die for. So many of our 38 guests told us it was the best food they had ever tasted and we would agree. I should add here that we had 2 options for the starter and pasta courses, and 4 options for the main and all dishes were cooked and presented beautifully. Carmen also sourced the most fabulous 'favours' - mini wedding dresses on hangers with sugared almonds under the dress:) Our only disappointment that we could not stay longer as we had the evening drinks at Photo back in Sorrento.

We did not take the Oasi in exclusivity and yet on the day we never saw another guest. In fact we were staying in Sorrento with our guests until the wedding day and the day before Carmen sent a taxi to collect all our things other than we needed for the wedding day. After the wedding we stayed 3 nights in the Penthouse for a perfect start to the honeymoon, it's not cheap but where else can you sit in your own private hot-tub with views of Capri, Vesuvius, Ischia and the Amalfi coast? The whole grounds are beautifully maintained and we especially liked the pool area with its own private bar.

Anyone looking to get married in Sorrento would be crazy not to have the Oasi on their shortlist of venues, but don’t just take it from me – read all the other reviews too which say the same thing. One thing is for sure, Carmen will not let you down and every detail will be taken care of. This is a place we will come back to, maybe once a year on our anniversary to sample more of Carmen's delicious food and perhaps take a cookery lesson and learn a new dish each time.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Penthouse go for it!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We just had a family wedding here, it could not of been better. The staff and esp. Carmen made the event so special, every detail was taken care of and the location is stunning. St Agata a few mins walk a very charming little village with some good places to eat for all budgets.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here as part of a wedding party of 36 for a week, 2 weeks ago. It was simply put, wonderful. We felt both at home, but also treated like royalty whilst we were here. Carmen who runs the place impeccably, ensured anything we wished for was possible. The poolside is large and pristine, there are quiet spots to relax in the shade, new and clean facilities and with everything nearby (plugs for music / fridges / drinks / towels / shower etc...) you would need to make a day of it without the need to head back to your room if you so wished. The food was delicious, internet was maneagable (though why you'd need to be on the internet whislt there I have NO idea), rooms were spacious and with an old world Italian charm about them - indulgent and very opulent! Town was a short walk away and had some nice restaurants if you fancied a change. Walk down a little perilous at times later at night, but if youre alert youll be fine - to be fair, Italian drivers seem to drive like lunatics, but I havent seen one crash yet! Basically, you will have a fantastic stay here, can explore Capri, Pompeii & Sorrento to name but three very easily from here. Buses to Sorrento very easy and incredibly cheap in comparison to a Taxi (£60 for 8 miles????!). Lovely for relaxing, exploring and the romantics of you out there. If youre not one when you arrive, you will be by the time you leave!

Room Tip: Capri suite was fabulous, modern bathroom & lots of space! Double rooms are equally as nice &...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is one of the most emotional reviews I have written, through tears, after such a magical time at Oasi Olimpia. From beginning to end, our week at the villa was truly heaven on earth.

The villa is run either as a hotel or self catered villa, then Carmen, the Director, also runs a cooking school.

We chose to book the whole villa for one week on a self catered basis, and hosted 36 wedding guests in total, 27th August to 3rd September. We were pleased to also have full use of the three cottages, just off the premises but still very close, included in the price.

My partner and I were married on Tuesday 30th, in the San Francesco Cloister in Sorrento (also the perfect location for a wedding ceremony!). You can have a blessing at Oasi but not your actual ceremony.

We agreed with Carmen, (who by the way is the most amazing person I have had the pleasure to meet), that we could run Oasi as a self catered villa for every day apart from the wedding day, when it would revert back to a hotel with all the staff and food provided. This worked perfectly, because, the staff are still there present during the morning, and your rooms are cleaned while you get to enjoy the best breakfast I have ever eaten! The buffet spread will leave you no room for lunch it's so good, all made freshly and with very high quality ingredients and a range of choice. We gave Oasi a shopping list of food and drinks for the week, and when we arrived, it was all stocked and prepared for us, what a wonderful way to start my wedding celebration week, and not have to go shopping for 36 people!

My parents and I went for a visit during June, to see the villa and meet with Carmen and the staff, to prepare everything in advance. This was a wonderful stay and we couldn't wait to get back there for the wedding week! It really helped with the planning but honestly, anyone should feel in very safe hands as Carmen makes everything seem so easy and flawless. We communicated about everything via e-mail over the year running up to the wedding and between my highly organised and control freak personality, and her abilty to make dreams happen, there was no stone left unturned! She makes you feel so accomodated and nothing is too much trouble.

When I first began with the wedding plans, I was of course concerned about the cost. Obviously we've just had a fairytale week and that comes at a price, but really, it's been incredible value. I do not feel overcharged for anything we've had. There were a few things not on our bill, like ironing the grooms party shirts, my personal laundry, packages to mail, emergency wedding dress collection to be steamed (!); this and so much more was completed with smiles and laughter from the staff. They really do their job and go that extra mile. What a team.

I would recommed that you allow the staff to organise transport for you. It's very good value and you will be met by a driver. The staff were fantastic at arranging day trips and transport for us, we laid something on each day for our guests and they made this so easy to facilitate.

The wedding day food was outstanding. We had a champage reception & antipasti buffet on the terrace and enjoyed Lemon Delice as a wedding cake which might be the best cake I've ever eaten! In the evening, we dined "Under Pagoda" in such a beautiful setting. The six course meal was unforgettable, from the service, to the wine, to the ingredients, it was all just wonderful and I want to do it all again! Late evening, the staff put out a buffet but not many people ate as they were still so full! Instead, Carmen prepared it all for us the day after and we enjoyed a great evening with family and friends once again. Talk about exceeding expectations!!

Salvatore, the owner, shyly present in the shadows, has a really special property and is a very humble man. He loves to fish and my now husband, being an ex-fisherman himself, sat and enjoyed a fish that Salvatore caught himself and decided to share with us. Special moments.

I cannot recommend the villa enough. I, of course, felt like a Princess all of my wedding day, but truthfully, I felt like royalty all week. Carmen, thank you for making our dreams come true and to all of the staff at Oasi, heartfelt thanks for creating memories that I will always cherish. You've been amazing.

Now, excuse me while I check my vacation dates for next year.......

Room Tip: Every room is special at Oasi Olimpia!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Oasi Olimpia is a very special place. Carmen and staff are exceptional as is the food service and total ambience. We booked the villa and bungalows for a week for our daughter's wedding and to say it was perfect would be an understatement. Carmen is a wonderful person who can not do enough to make your stay/occassion the very best ever. We have travelled the world but this experience surpassed all our expectations. We have left are hearts there so we will be back!!!! Thank you again Carmen and staff we can never thank you enough!

Room Tip: Beauitful original 19th century furniture with fantastic en-suite facilities. Views from most room...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The hotel is stunning, the view is breathtaking and the grounds and service are impeccable!
I CANNOT say enough! Carmen was absolutely charming and made everything about our stay special, catering to our every need. (BEFORE and DURING our stay) We went as a family of 22 and even though Carmen planned some great day trips (the BEST was our trip to Gargiulo's Farm!) it was VERY hard to leave the gorgeous Hotel Oasi. We rented Vespa's, which is the way to see the surrounding area and enjoyed walking into the town of Sant'Agata. Our mother, who is bound to a wheelchair, had great accessibility and had the time of her life. Carmen is AMAZING-from helping with the planning & running the hotel like a fine oiled machine...to preparing meals and teaching cooking classes! Bravo!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel is stunning, It's set in beautiful gardens with views in every direction and has amazing sun sets. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and a pleasure to talk to. My new wife and i stayed there for six nights and had the best holiday of our lives. The area has many picturesque towns and villages and Sorrento is only 9 miles away for travel to other areas. The whole hotel was spotless and very well looked after. The food in the restaurant is also to a very high standard. During our stay we only bumped into a few other guests so it felt as if we had the place to ourselves. Perfect for our honeymoon. I would recommend this hotel to everyone because it's a place i would go back to tomorrow, and hope to one day.

Room Tip: The Sorrento suite had access straight out onto the balcony with views of Mt Versuvius and the best...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Romita
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Ro...
#3 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
#1 of 47 in Massa Lubrense
Residence Gocce di Capri
Residence Gocce di Capri
#9 of 47 in Massa Lubrense

Been to Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais? Share your experiences!