We had our wedding reception here on September 3rd 2011 and it surpassed even my wife's expectations! If you read TripAdvisor for ideas for Sorrento wedding venues the standard routine seems to be wedding at the Cloisters and reception at Relais Blu.....forget it, we were badly let down by the Relais Blu 2 days before we flew out to do the menu tasting and the owner seems more inclined towards profit these days. Fortunately for us we found the Oasi and Carmen, a match made in heaven and just 20 minutes from Sorrento. First of all let me tell you that after we agreed (Oct 2010) to host the reception with Carmen she invited us back to stay with her for 2 nights and do the menu tasting as her guest. We came back in April and over the 2 days tried all the dishes plus wines and Carmen did not charge us a penny.
On the day everything was perfect, the setting and grounds are idyllic, we had musicians playing on arrival for the appetisers, oysters and Prosecco, followed by a 6 course sit down meal, all food of the highest quality and excellent wines to match. The flowers, table decorations, every detail taken care of. And of course the views to die for. So many of our 38 guests told us it was the best food they had ever tasted and we would agree. I should add here that we had 2 options for the starter and pasta courses, and 4 options for the main and all dishes were cooked and presented beautifully. Carmen also sourced the most fabulous 'favours' - mini wedding dresses on hangers with sugared almonds under the dress:) Our only disappointment that we could not stay longer as we had the evening drinks at Photo back in Sorrento.
We did not take the Oasi in exclusivity and yet on the day we never saw another guest. In fact we were staying in Sorrento with our guests until the wedding day and the day before Carmen sent a taxi to collect all our things other than we needed for the wedding day. After the wedding we stayed 3 nights in the Penthouse for a perfect start to the honeymoon, it's not cheap but where else can you sit in your own private hot-tub with views of Capri, Vesuvius, Ischia and the Amalfi coast? The whole grounds are beautifully maintained and we especially liked the pool area with its own private bar.
Anyone looking to get married in Sorrento would be crazy not to have the Oasi on their shortlist of venues, but don’t just take it from me – read all the other reviews too which say the same thing. One thing is for sure, Carmen will not let you down and every detail will be taken care of. This is a place we will come back to, maybe once a year on our anniversary to sample more of Carmen's delicious food and perhaps take a cookery lesson and learn a new dish each time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasi Olimpia Relais is an old villa of 1892 from whose restoration we obtain 12 luxury rooms. The philosophy of this relais is exclusivity, intimate atmosphere, elegance in simplicity and maximum attention to hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasi Olimpia Relais Hotel
- Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais Italy/Province Of Naples