“Charming hilltop location, lovely grounds and pool. Very nice friendly and charming staff. Great views and nice big airy bedroom”

Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed 4 nights and were made extremely welcome by the charming staff. We had been upgraded to the Positano suite which was big and airy with a sunny veranda, the bed was incredibly comfy. The cleaning was always to a
Very high standard. The staff were able to arrange us a private boat cruise across to the island of Capri, recommended. There is a pool set in immaculate gardens which felt very exclusive as we had it to ourselves. The staff are fantastic and all went the extra mile to make us feel at home. Mia the owner's neopolitan mastiff is a gentle giant! The restaurant is to a very high standard but the menu did feel a bit limited by the time we had our second dinner there. The wine list is great. The views from the roof veranda are amazing, a great place to have a glass of wine. The only downside to the place was that it is a long way from the beach but the pool makes up for this. Overall a charming and highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
London
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I found this hotel via my wedding planner. The manager Carmen made my wedding reception dream come true and cooked a wonderful wedding feast. I wanted a reasonably priced meal with great views and a relaxed environment. The Oasi was perfect. The location is in the hills of Sorrento with a great view of the bay. The hotel has lovely grounds and is incredibly peaceful.

I first visited the hotel in February when I visited to check that I was happy with both my wedding venue (Positano town hall) and reception venue. The hotel provided me with a courtesy suite for the night, which was spacious, comfortable and elegant. Unfortunately I arrived feeling very car sick after the drive back from Positano so could not try the sample menu that night but was restored by a delicious home made Minestrone soup made by Carmen. The next day after a great continental breakfast including fresh bread and cakes, I tried a sample menu for the wedding and some wine. The three courses I tried were fantastic so reception booked.
Despite arriving late to the reception due to transport delays, dinner started promptly. The anti-pasti went down a storm, the pasta course was great and the piece de resistance the whole roast pig was sublime. I enjoyed a delicious fish course as a non-meat eater. Dessert was the local lemon cake. The three wines chosen at tasting 3 days prior to the wedding were perfectly matched to the food by Christian. Everyone had a great evening and raved about the food. I have so many wonderful memories of the day that we are returning to Sorrento for our wedding anniversary in June.

The staff were very accommodating and sourced some beer for the non wine drinkers. Nothing was too much trouble and I was very happy with the wedding decor. The roses were gorgeous. .Despite the hotel being full at the time of the wedding, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.I would throughly recommend this gem of a hotel for a stay and also as a wedding reception.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Tallahassee
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My cooking experience with Carmen, la Cucina del Gusto, was beyond my expectations of what a cooking vacations is all about. The Oasi Olimpia, site of class was so beautiful, views breathtaking. Accommodations outstanding!!! Carmen was a great chef and teacher, the things I learned from her will be used often. She and Giovanni made this the best vacation I have ever had and will long remember.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Raanana, Israel
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We would like to thank Carmen and her Staff who made oue holiday a perfect and wonderful Than

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

From the moment you drive through the gates and past the gardens of Oasi Olimpia Relais you will know that you are in for the vacation of a lifetime.

Situated high on a hill in the quaint village of Sant'Agata sui due Golfi, the views of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius are breathtaking!

Upon your arrival you will be welcomed by Carmen Mazzola and her amazing staff and be treated to a wonderful array of fine Italian Wine and Cheese. Be prepared…You have just met your new Italian Family!

Whether you participate in Chef Carmen’s first class Culinary School, Cucina del Gusto, spend your time seeing such sights as Pompeii, taking a ferry to Capri, visiting the quaint villages of Positano, Ravello, or Amalfi that dot the magnicificant coastline or spend your days shopping in the beautiful town of Sorrento, your time at Oasi Olimpia Relais will be pure MAGIC!

Rick and Susan

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RCPeterson56
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Upon arrival at Oasi Olimpia Relais, we knew we were in for a real treat! Greetings from Marina and Christian made us feel so welcome, and we knew from that moment it would be difficult to leave when our week was up. What we didn't know yet was how warm and friendly every single member of the staff was, and how we would come to think of each of them as a friend.

Carmen was not only a gracious host, but also more fun in the kitchen than any Food Network chef could ever be. The combination of wine, music and learning made each and every afternoon seem like opening a new gift from which we walked away with skills and techniques that we now use regularly.

Dinners nightly were like a big family celebration, and retreating to our beautiful, comfortable rooms at the end of each day was a treat. Waking up to the beautiful views and yummy cappucino and gourmet breakfasts were a great way to start each day.

The excursions were fun and well-planned. There was just the right amount of free time and planned activities to make for a perfect vacation week.

It was an experience I would recommend to anyone, and we can't wait until it's time for our return!

Molto Grazie Carmen, Christian, Giovanni, Marina, Giovanni, Salvatore, Lena, Valentina!! We look forward to our next trip to Paradise!!

Carolyn & Tim Duchene

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank CDuchene
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I am a well seasoned world traveler and it is rare for a location to really stand out in my memory. Oasi Olimpia is an outstanding hotel thanks to the amazing staff that seems to exist only to make guests experience the most memorable stay possible. Carmen, Salvatore, Giovanni and others roll the red carpet out for their guests and it all comes from the heart; there is nothing "canned" about their welcome. I was quite impressed.
The level of service in the restaurant is that of a luxury 5* hotel without the stuffiness that usually accompanies it. Every detail seems to have been studied by someone who wants you to have a memorable experience. The china, glassware and silverware are all beautiful. The food is wonderful and reflects the finest local products of the surrounding peninsula down to the wine and local olive oil which were first class. If you want to be coddled and treated like royalty, Oasi Olimpia is definitely the place to come to! Carmen, the super cheerful director, seems to be everywhere all the time, and also conducts the cooking classes which from what I observed, were a time of great fun for the 20 some attendees who later devoured a multi course banquet they prepared of quite impressive dishes. I have not seen a group of adults enjoy themselves so much in a very long time.
The rooms are beautifully decorated maintaining a perfect balance between the old world and modern comforts. Mine had a Jacuzzi, bathrobes and the toiletries were luxury level and quite generous. Speaking of generous...breakfast was gargantuan ranging from vegetables to cheeses and house made cakes and everything in between. A banquet!
I disagree with the guests who complained about the location being remote. If the madness of Sorrento with its mass tourism is what you wish for by all means stay there but for the discriminating traveler who appreciates the unique, while still having access to Positano (30 minutes away) or Sorrento (20 minutes) Oasi is the place to stay. I arrived after 2 days of visiting Sorrento's hotels craving some peace and quiet and authentic beauty. I found it at Oasi. Sant'Agata is a lovely town and less than 10 minutes on foot from the hotel are some outstanding restaurants - both simple or very elegant. It was fun to stroll down for lunch. At Oasi Olimpia you can breathe some wonderful fresh air even during the hottest months and the gardens and views of the bays are breathtaking. Whether you are planning a vacation or a wedding the setting is really idyllic and one of the few places I want to go back to.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Due Golfi
#1 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Romita
Grand Hotel Hermitage & Villa Ro...
#2 of 12 in Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,017 reviews
Art Hotel Villa Fiorella
Art Hotel Villa Fiorella
#2 of 47 in Massa Lubrense

Been to Hotel Oasi Olimpia Relais? Share your experiences!