“Would never stay here again!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hotel Villa Grazioli

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel Villa Grazioli
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Grottaferrata
“Would never stay here again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I arrived back only 2 hours ago and was so outraged by this hotel I had to leave my feedback immediately. The venue is stunning but that is pretty much all. The room we were allocated was small for the price we paid but it was clean. We went for a wedding and awoke one morning by the staff shouting at us for waking other guests up by hosting an after party and being generally disruptive. I wouldn't mind but we went to bed early and had no involvement in any after party. We tried to explain they had the wrong guests but they demanded that we move rooms and weren't willing to listen to us. We did as they asked.

We had no hot water throughout our 4 day stay. Staff told us it wasn't their problem and there was nothing they could do. They offered a discount of 30 euros but when we came to check out the person who offered this wasn't present and they refused to give us the discount.

No pool bar open 3 out of the 4 days.

We ordered the free shuttle bus to town and there were quite a few of us going so we asked the shuttle bus to return for the rest of us. The driver said that wasn't a problem. Upon his return staff came racing out of the hotel shouting as us asking how dare we order another bus without going through them. We didn't realise we had done anything wrong but apologised anyway only to be told by staff we were out of order.

In conclusion the staff are rude but the venue itself is beautiful. I wouldn't stay again ever! I'm a 30 year old professional and so is my husband and we don't expect to be treated like a pair of British yobs, which is exactly how the staff treated us.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank Gina C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and her partner had their wedding in Villa Grazioli in July. We had the most amazing time in Frascati. I would like to thank Pricilla and all the reception staff for their help and assistance to us during the four days we stayed there. I would also like to thank Emanuela the banqueting Manager for her professionalism and attention to detail. The hotel is amazing, the food on the day of the wedding at the welcome reception was excelllent and the main wedding meal was so yummy. The wine and prosecco flowed freely all day. If organizing a wedding there I would highly recommend getting Daniella the wedding planner who stayed up with us till the early hours.
The hotel is in an amazing setting with the sun going down over Rome when we sat down for the meal. All the staff are so friendly and the pool area is so private not being overlooked. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main villa but the all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
grazioli, Direttore at Park Hotel Villa Grazioli, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your very nice words!
We are very glad and happy you were satisfied of your daughter's wedding and that you appreciated our efforts to give you the best service and to make your stay and your party memorable, as you said.
Unfortunately it seems that some of your guests didn’t appreciate our efforts to help with all the request they had, because just after you, they wrote very bed revues on their stay in Villa grazioli.
They didn’t appreciate the help we gave them with the shuttle service, which it is not a private service for the wedding guests but at disposal of all the guests of the hotel. Despite this we always tried to help, when possible, with the shuttle service, even outside of our normal time table without asking any money for that.
Our staff try to be always very accommodate and helpful with all your guests, but they didn’t appreciate that and when we tried to keep some of the wedding guest silent, as in the heart of the night they were making a party, in the bedrooms and in the corridor ,disturbing the other guests, they even complained that the staff was rude with them.
Your guests didn’t appreciate that, when we were without water for 2 hours ( between 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.) caused by the general water distribution of the town, (so not our fault), we have organized to take all the people in a wellness center free of charge, giving the opportunity to have a shower, in case the water wouldn’t be back in time to let people preparing for the wedding.
Anyway we are very happy that you and your daughter were really satisfied of Park Hotel Villa Grazioli.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently as I was attending a wedding there. The venue was spectacular, very beautiful and classy.
I sadly had money stolen from my room while staying here ( staying in the room was just across from the main villa and also part of this hotels accommodation).
I left my wallet in the room and went to the main villa to attend the hairdressers for the wedding I was attending later that day. When I left the room the cleaners had not been in and the room was untidy and beds not made. When I arrived back to the room 30mins later the room was tidy, beds made and room clean. I checked my wallet and opened it to put back change in from my pocket from the hairdressers and was horrified and shocked to find that I had only 100euro in it, and earlier that day I had checked my wallet to make sure I wouldn't have to go to the bank link, and at that time I had 200euro cash in the wallet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very upset and angry. My room mate and friend had been away out also and he arrived back to the room to find me stressed out and very upset and I told him that my money was gone, then he quickly checked the area zipped inside of his case to make sure his money was still there to find that 100euro was gone.

Immediately we went to reception to explain what had happened. We were met with comments such as 'Are you sure you didn't spend it last night?' and 'well, we trust our staff, ring the police if you have a problem'!!!! This was unacceptable & very stressful. The two ladies on the reception desk told us this was not a problem for the hotel and to ring the police. They were very unhelfpul and tried to make it out that we must have misplaced it ourselves or spent it!!!
In the middle of all of this we had to attend our friends wedding in a few hours & clearly ringing the police would cause the bride/groom etc a lot of stress so we decided not to. I asked to speak with the hotel manager, she reluctantly arrived down to meet us in a room off the side of the building. We explained what had happened. Again, we were met with 'well I trust my staff etc'! Very unhelpful with no intention of helping us. I, at this stage was tearful and stressed out. I had limited holiday funds and was having to keep a close eye on spending so you can imagine my shock to find 100euro taken from my wallet. We had to go and attend the wedding anyway with nothing resolved. Later that evening I was given a letter from the manager which was left at reception for us basically saying that there's no way their cleaning staff would take money, (even though they clearly were the only people in our room in that time that the money was taken!!!) and that someone must have broken into the room and taken it while we were gone. That is not true as we locked the doors, we were the only people with the key, I had the main key and my friend had the spare key and once you leave anyway the door automatically locks once its shut (I double checked this) & there was no signs of a break in. Also the room was untidy when I left and when I came back from the hairdresser the housekeeping had been in, beds made etc, and it was in this time that my money was taken so I think its pretty clear from this who took it!!!!

I just wanted to write this to let people know to be very careful with their possessions while staying here, I trustingly left my wallet and money in the room, but there was no safe and I didn't think someone would just take money like that. It really put a damper on the stay. I was not very relaxed for the rest of the stay there, very frustrated with the way the staff at reception treated us when we needed help and I asked that housekeeping do not visit our room to clean from that stage on. Housekeeping clearly stole our money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Zara M
grazioli, Direttore at Park Hotel Villa Grazioli, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
I’m very surprised to read your revue because I don’t think you have reported the facts as they were.
As soon as the reception call me in my office and explained to me you had a problem because you were robbed, I immediately come to talk with you to understand what happened. You explained everything to me and I listened very carefully , because I wanted to help you and find what had happened. I explained to you that the I trust my staff as they are working for Villa Grazioli since many years and we didn’t have these kind of problems. It happened in the past that some clients didn’t find some value objects and told as the have been robbed, then they discovered they had left that objects in other places like in their car or in a different purse. That’s why our staff at the reception asked to you if you were sure not to have left your money in another place.
In addition that morning in the area near your rooms, where there were other guests attending the wedding as you, there was a lot of confusion because all the guests were preparing for the reception, going to the laundry area to ironing and many rooms were left opened. There was even a lady bag left alone in that area.
I also explained to you that you could go to do a notification to the police just to help you and to show you we really want to assist you to solve this problem.
Besides this, I assured you that I’ll immediately going to inspect and interrogate my staff and that’s was I did. I did a very accurate investigation with all our staff, which was working that morning in the bedrooms area. I have interviewed them and I have even search on their clothes and inspected their personal wardrobe, but I didn’t find any money. I also verified that your room was done by 2 maids together and this fact make more difficult for them to steal the money.
As this research took a lot of time, when I came back to talk with you , you were already at the wedding reception and I didn’t want to disturb you, so I wrote a letter to you explaining carefully what I did and adding that I decided to force the procedure with the staff in order find immediately the solution, even though is not allowed. In fact in Italy the staff is protected by the Union, which doesn’t allow the manager to do this kind of things, as they protect the privacy of the workers. But I did this research, the first time ever, because I wanted to duly check if the staff could be involved and to help you in this very unpleasant event and, as I told you, I couldn’t find any money, so I assume the staff was not involved.
I also wrote to you to call me at your convenience, to talk with you personally to share the details and to help you more with this very bad event, but I didn’t receive any contact or answer from you.
I’m very sorry you had this very bad experience at our hotel, but I’m very sure the staff is not involved.
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is incredible! The grounds and the villa are so peaceful and historically magnificent! The staff are very helpful, friendly and attentive to your every need. Priscilla at the front desk was particularly helpful and very nice. We flew from Los Angeles to Rome and stayed one night here to rest before driving to Sorrento. There was a wedding taking place that night but we still had everything we needed and it was fun to watch all the excitement and preparations taking place. Even with the wedding it still seemed that we had the place all to ourselves as the wedding guests seemed to be primarily outside the villa.
We stayed in the Suite, in the Villa, on the top floor. I would recommend that if you want to be near the beautiful salons and frescos in the main villa. Our room and bed were perfectly appointed. The bathroom was large and clean and everything worked well. Air conditioning and heating were in proper working order and we were very comfortable.
The trees and the grounds are breathtaking. You can throw open the huge windows and the birds are signing, the fountain is splashing and the view is spectacular. I could have stayed for a week. From our bed we had a view of the tree tops and a full moon illuminating the night sky and during the day, the hillsides with rows of agriculture. It was magical.
Breakfast was also superb. There was orange, pear and pineapple juices, milk, water, coffee and tea. There were eggs, bacon and sausages. Also, a huge selection of fruits, dried fruits, cereals, yogurts, nuts, croissants, pastries, breads and tortes. It was delicious! We ordered room service for dinner and the steak and salmon dishes we received were splendid!
I had the best time walking around the villa to all the salons and rooms with beautiful frescos, books, paintings and antiques furniture. Felt like I had gone back in time but with all the modern comforts you would want in your room. It was very quiet and romantic. We went for a walk down the tree lined drive and around the surrounding neighborhood and it was just gorgeous. The trees are very old and huge and give it a semi forested look.
I would definitely recommend this place for those who enjoy historical beauty and peace and quiet. It is a very real and elegant Italian experience. Thank you to everyone who served us during our stay. It was a wonderful first night in Italy and we will be coming back to stay every time we are near Rome. Grazie mille ♥

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
grazioli, Direttore generale at Park Hotel Villa Grazioli, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Wilkinson,
thank you very much for your kindly comment! We are very glad to have received that, because for us is a victory when our client is satisfied and happy! And it is value-added when guest is a lover of art, history and nature.
Waiting for you your next time in Rome, we send you our best regards.

-The General Manager
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Seemed like a nice enough place even if a bit lackadaisical in terms of service until it got hot. Then we found out it was the "rule of the hotel" that there is no air conditioning after 11. And at 11:30 it was "too late" to call the manager. Really don't stay here. They don't have their act together and are rude to boot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
13 Thank ElaineGNewYork
Dear Guest,
I’m very sorry that the staff wasn’t so helpful as you expected and for that I really apologize. Thank you for advising me for this behavior of my staff, for sure I’ll talk them to take more care of our guests, as we really want to assure a good service to everybody.
Regarding air conditioning, we pay a lot of attention to the environment and we try to not exceed with the usage of energy for the pollution. This is a very strange summer with big jumps in temperatures, so it is not very easy to program the timing of the air conditioning, as we have a central system. As we are on a hill usually the temperature, even in summer time, is cool and not so hot, especially during the night. Anyway the staff didn’t behave properly in your case, because he had to call me anyway to solve the problem, even during the night. As a matter of fact a manager, of a small family hotel like me, is always available even during his vacation and sleeping time, actually my turns are 24h/day for 365 days/year with the cellular phone always on. Thanks again for tour advice.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a fantastic location. It is outside frascati but they run a reliable free shuttle service. The building is stunning and you have to pinch yourself that you are staying in such an amazing place for such a reasonable price. But you have to accept that the staff place no importance on their customers and have no interest in whether your wifi (which you pay for) is working and although there is both a pool and a bar if there is no one to open them they stay closed. No other member of staff can pour a glass of wine. Also check your bill for extras you haven't used. Having said that would I stay there again? At that price it's a bargain and I'd most definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Varrie1961
Dear guest,
thank you for your comment. We are glad for the compliments about the position of our structure and the ease of movement by free shuttle. We are sorry about wifi because sometimes the line doesn't work good, but we know about this problem and we are working to resolve it. Our personal is ever a total disposition for any information and problem and for this reason we are very sorry if when you stayed here there was some misunderstanding.
After that, we are waiting for you next time in Rome and we send our best regards.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed there overnight as it was more convenient for the next part of our travels. They had a large wedding the night before we arrived (and the party was still going) and were hosting another wedding that night. Staff was distracted and service slow. We stayed in the Annex (not main building) so we had to handle our own luggage. Actual property itself was beautiful--restored frescoes/tempera paintings with beautiful countryside views. We ate dinner there and the food was excellent and the wait staff was great. (We ate in a small room off the bar since the main restaurant was closed for a wedding). Our room was OK--it definitely needed a remodeling but it was clean. Unfortunately, the AC doesn't come on until 7P each night--except our night when it was broken for the entire building and wouldn't be fixed for "a while". Wi-fi only in the main building. We did spend the afternoon at their pool. It was a very relaxing and lovely area. Unless you plan on reading by the pool, your only other option is a cab ride to the village 10 minutes away as you are out in the country. The property could be really spectacular if they would do some updating /redecorating. However, they need to decide if they want to be a hotel or strictly a wedding venue.

Room Tip: Quieter in the Annex but no luggage assistance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dorjifan
Dear Guest,
I’m very happy you liked the propriety and appreciated the frescos and the view. I’m also very glad you liked the food and the staff restaurant and that you spent a nice afternoon in our relaxing pool.
Your dinner was served in a frescoed room near the bar, which is a private room were we have the restaurant à la carte for our individual guest to keep them private and away from the confusion of the party when we have weddings.
I’m very sorry that the air conditioning was broken, one night, and for this I really apologize.
Regarding the timing of the air conditioning, we have a central system and, as this summer is very strange, sometimes the temperature jump from very hot to cold, so isn’t very easy to have the right timing of the air conditioning, as usually. In addition we pay a lot of attention to the environment and we try to not exceed with the usage of energy for the pollution, that’s why we have a timing for the air conditioning.
We have started a redecoration of the rooms. In fact we have some rooms completely refurbish with new bathroom more modern and comfortable. I suggest you to come and see us, sleeping in the new rooms. I’m sure you will be very satisfied!
Regarding weddings, we are not a wedding venues as we have some wedding parties during the year, but we have also many months without any wedding and just individual clients.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grottaferrata
Grand Hotel Villa Tuscolana
Hotel Castel Gandolfo
Hotel Castel Gandolfo
#1 of 6 in Castel Gandolfo
Residenza d'Epoca Pietra di Ponente

Been to Park Hotel Villa Grazioli? Share your experiences!