“Very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Bellerive

Hotel Bellerive
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Salo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Bellerive hotel for two nights. I really enjoyed the stay. The staff is really nice and helpful! The breakfast was really amazing, and the view from the terrace is very relaxing ! loved this place. You can't have an hotel closest from the Lake!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Camilla P, Assistant GM at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear LisaMamie,

we are really glad that you had such a pleasant stay even if you were here on a business trip.

We await the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Bellerive.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

One of the most beautiful hotels in my memory. Situated on the shores of Lake Garda, the hotel setting, service and food met or exceeded all expectations. The dinner and breakfast were fantastic and the staff went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful.
My only regret is that I was traveling on business and could only stay a short time.

Room Tip: A lake view would be wonderful. I had the opposite view which was beautiful as well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Camilla P, Assistant GM at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear tjtravelerChicago,
thank you for your wonderful review and for considering the Bellerive one of the best hotels in your memory. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed both the hotel and the restaurant.
We await the pleasure to welcome you back for a vacation next time.
Warmest regards from Salo'.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel Bellerive is in the Salo area of Garda, which is less touristy than some of the other lakeside towns and has less attractions; its beautiful Duomo being the main one. Because of this and the ease of being able to get around the lake using the ferry service, we found Salo to be a good base which had everything we needed without being overcrowded.

The hotel is right on the water, with a beautiful harbour just outside the rear entrance which leads to a lakeside walkway to the main town area. There is a beautiful pool and the decor of the hotel is very good, though our room was a little dated and had a poor bath/shower. The sea view and balcony were nice, though I wouldn't have worried about either of these factors if I had the chance to book again - Garda is too nice to stay in your room! Breakfast is a fairly standard buffet, though the breads and pastries were diverse and delicious. For some reason the coffee on offer in the hotel was very poor, which is really letting the place down! This was probably the worst coffee of our Italy trip! A coffee machine upgrade is certainly required here. We ate in the hotel one night and were very impressed. The service was great, the food was excellent and we got to try more of those lovely breads. Overall this is a good, fairly priced hotel in an excellent spot. We enjoyed staying here greatly.

Room Tip: Don't bother with balcony unless you plan on being in the room a lot
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pete C.,
thank you for taking the time to share your feeling about your stay with us. We appreciate your nice words about Hotel Bellerive but at the same time we are sorry that you did not enjoy your accomodation; please consider for your next stay to ask for renovated rooms while booking. We are a little bit surprised that you did not appreciate our coffee too especially because we offer to our guest the best italian label of coffee "Illy"; but we have taken good note of your comment.
We hope to welcome you back in future.
With our kindest regards.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is not by chance that Michelin Guide gives this structure a full red sign.
This place is simply one of the best you can find on Garda lake.
The hotel is located on the water in a secluded position while right in the center of Salò.
Salò is elegant, and has a special flair.
Not touristic in the worst meaning of the term.
And the Bellerive is simply excellent, nothing less.
The rooms. If you can afford them, ask for a lake view room. They have terraces, or big balconies, immense windows, and from the bed the view is fantastic.
Rooms are big, very well equipped.
For example the beauty set is specially designed for the hotel, with special fragrances, and green components. No silicons or paragons..
You will find a bag to reach the pool, and anything you want.
The pool is not huge, but swimmable (which i did), and to have a swimming pool right in the center of the village is kind of incredible.
The service is more than perfect.
They are there to please you in any single detail. Like waiting for you by the car with 2 bottles of chilly water for your travel.
The decoration is amazing, so rich of details you never get enough.
The breakfast is perfect too.
From champagne to the best coffee you can find in Italy, from salmon, to any kind of bread, including special products for dietetic problems.
We had dinner at the restaurant, in my opinion it is the best one in Salò.
The products are from the country around the lake, and the chef is very gifted.
Bravissimi!!!
I do hope to come soon back.
PS: it's a dog friendly place. Paco, my dog enjoyed!

Room Tip: The rooms with lake view are really beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bracbull,
thank you for sharing your experience at Bellerive in such a detailed and nice way. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you appreciated our breakfast and the courtesy set in your room. We really look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please greet Paco (the most polite and cute dog ever) from us all.
Kindest regards.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I arraived at Hotel Bellerive in Lake Garda after a long day of flying and driving from Milano. I arrive to the hotel around 3 AM on the morning exhausted. I was greeted by a nice gentleman Mr. Mano . He was extremely helpful to ask us to go to our rooms (in fact it was two nice suites) and he will get the luggage . After waking up and going to breakfast alone since the rest of the family with the three little bears (my three children) were hibernating after the exhausted trip. I came to were the breakfast is served and was greeted by Mr. Emanuele and señorita Rukia smiling and asking me about the rest of the family since he already have a nice table for six , I told him it is only me. I sat and had one of the most delicious and healthiest breakfast and had my tea served on Villeroy & Boch cub and my omelet from fresh eggs and ingredients from the 100KM restaurant ( it is named this way because it uses only top quality ingredients found within a 100 kilometer radius of Salò in lake Garda)
I went back to the room (sorry suite) and start seeing the clean and well taking care of the room with a little kitchenette and fridge. Kitchen supplies were excellent and high quality . The lady responsible for the cleaning was extremely helpful and nice.
The front desk is run by a group of professionals like señorita Camilla and señorita Marcella and others who help you in every thing. There are no concierge but every one at the front desk will give the accurate and good informations when needed. You can see the owner of the Hotel every were in the Hotel seeking to help just ask for it and you will get it.
Initially I had a 4 night booking but I extended it to 8 night and was willing to make it longer however schedule was the obstacle. I for my self will make Hotel Bellerive in lake Garda to be my center location for my next trips to Europe due to its proximity to many locations such as Milano , Verona, Vince (all have international airports) .
My description of the Hotel Bellerive is simply a 5 star hotel camouflage (Italian: camuffamento ) as a 4 star

Room Tip: Try the suites on the building near the main.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Camilla P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Adil B,

thank you very much for your fantastic review, you captured the essence of Bellerive by telling a story. It has been a true pleasure to have you and your family here and we were so glad when you decided to extend your stay of another four nights. It will be my personal commitment to share your nice words to all the persons mentioned in your review (and to all the others of course) Thanking you for the cute photos you took of us as well, we await the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bellerive.
We would really like you to consider our Hotel as your home in Italy.
With the kindest regards from Salò.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were recommended a visit to Bellerive by an American couple we had met on our travels. I'd like to thank that couple wherever they are.

Bellerive is lovely. Get a lake view room and drink it in on first arrival. A view across Lake Garda to the snow capped mountains, very peaceful, with a fruit punch on your own balcony.

The rooms are not particularly grand but everything works and with a strong attention to detail, fresh towels twice a day if needed and no request too much. Big comfy bed means a good nights rest.

There is a small pool with plenty of lounge space and room to have a leisurely lunch. Very quiet and beautifully decorated with understated style. If I had a pool at home it would look like this one.

The service is impeccable, very friendly and helpful and...dead funny. The restaurant manager in discretely hilarious. They will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one.

Eat here too. The food is excellent with a strong focus on local produce. Enjoy the fish from the lake and ask for rose wine from the local producer, very good.

Take a bike from the hotel ( they provide them so no need to steal) and cycle to the other side of the lake for a late afternoon appero spritz as the sun goes down.

Finally the price. Ok so I live near London so I am biased (poisoned?) but this was excellent value and I would come back.

Room Tip: choose a lake view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheSigg
Camilla P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear TheSigg,
we are delighted by your poetic words and by your providing, in few words, a lovely "to do at Bellerive" list.
We are glad you enjoyed our rooms, swimming-pool, restaurant, service and we await the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastic hotel with very friendly service.

A room overlooking the lake is beautiful, if a little warm at this time of year as the AC is not yet on. Slept with the door open to cool it down a little.

The breakfasts were good with a good selection of cold food, cereals, fruit, bread, cake.

A chocolate on the pillow each night is a lovely touch, in addition to a two day weather forecast.

The welcome drinks and snacks delivered to the room is another lovely touch and the small cuddly toys.

Dinner is also good, with fantastic service where you are made to feel special.

The only real downside to the hotel is the hairdryer. A useless piece of equipment which takes an age to dry your hair and, in the process, burns your hand. It's the same hairdryer as the Hotel in which we stayed in Arabba, I wonder if Italy has any others? I loved the hotel and my stay there, but my hair looked a mess for the whole duration.

Room Tip: A lake view, but ask for a decent hairdryer or bring your own.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Camilla P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Lisa S.,
we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Bellerive with other travelers and we are glad to know that you enjoyed it.
We are very happy that you have been delighted by our touches.
We hope you didn't have too much trouble in sleeping with the window open. In this time of the year the weather is very unpredictable and the air conditioning main system needs a certain outdoor temperature to start working.
With reference to your experience with the hairdryer in the room we are very sorry for that, especially because we have professional hairdryers at full and complimentary disposal of our guests on request. So next time that you will be our guest you could ask for it and have perfect hair during your stay.
Kindest regards,