All reviews extensive grounds sea view porto cervo small coves every night pool bar wanted something the main hotel plenty of loungers dining terrace changed every day restaurant staff pasta evening meal our honeymoon private section of the beach nice big balcony
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Despite the Hotels lovely setting with stunning views of the Baia Sardinia, I was thoroughly disappointed with the very small dirty pokey Junior Suite. Despite this setback spirits were high then the slow agonising service at the evening meal commenced at 8pm and finished gone 11pm there are plausible reasons which aren't PC on trip advisor as to why this was. But we shall move on, the poor service went on all week. Put the poor service aside I was shocked at being told to keep a toddler quiet while using the swimming pool but this was obviously my fault as I didn't realise this was a swimming pool only for adults to bask in silence in the sun and not for young kids to use. As a flag to other young families be aware of the steep and many steps around the hotel although not a bad mark against the hotel in anyway.

After struggling to connect to the WIFI in the lobby I found myself being taken back a few decades which was a plus side to the Hotel.

Not one for me but I'm sure couples may enjoy the slow tedious speed of the Hotel.

Room tip: Junior Suites are small and one room
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank John J
BajaHotels, Proprietario at Hotel La Bisaccia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Mr. John J,
We are very sorry that you have not spent a pleasant stay at our hotel and for us an unhappy customer is a rare and unpleasant event.
Our Junior Suites is actually composed of an area of about 30 square meters so it is quite spacious and during your stay we were never informed from you about your point of view or your “complain” regarding the size of the of the rooms as well as the cleanliness. Among other things, the hotel offers turn down service twice a day in order to ensure the high standard that distinguishes our Hotel-Chain since 1970.
We were also very surprised about your review regarding the “Restaurant La Terrazza" , where table service is guaranteed by highly qualified employers, since all our clients and their families are always complimented on the quality of the food and service!
For what regards the behavior of our staff by the pool with the children, the customer has forgotten to mention that his son played football in the middle of the deck-chairs area, where other clients where relaxing and were they were unfortunately disturbed by the ball that his son kicked everywhere without any parents control…. and of course at that point the lifeguard staff kindly explained that for the safety of other swimmers this “activity” was not possible…. Perhaps it was this episode to upset Mr. John even though looking at his profile on Tripadvisor we believe that the problem is not our hotel at all... since only 5 of 14 reviews were assessed as slightly “good”!
To confirm our honesty actually our hotel quality and other standards where recognized all by our customers so that even in 2013 we were awarded with the "Certificate of Excellence 2013 ' by Tripadvisor and the" Quality Selection 2013 "by HolidayCheck.
We deeply thank all our guest and their useful reviews that help us to improve constantly our services.

Hotel La Bisaccia

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Looking at previous reviews this hotel is not everybody's "cup of tea". It seems to be dependant on the room choice and where you are placed in the restaurant. Well we pitched up about 22.30 for our first night and feared we would get the room nobody else wanted. Turns out we got room 112 which others have rated well and it is fantastic. Only downside is it is above the bar and the evening entertainer so there is some noise, but this ends before midnight and never interfered with sleeping. The view from that room is wonderful and being a junior suite it guarantees a front row beach bed and umbrella.
The variation in seating in the restaurant is marked with some under the stars and some within 4 walls. We were in a half way zone dining under a roof but outside the main restaurant and had a decent view. The food was not fine dining but always good and sometimes excellent.
The service was charmingly unpredictable and a relaxed attitude is essential when dining here. The waiters and maitre Ds were a delight and introduced us to some decent local wines. Overall a fun dining experience.
The pool is the best I have experienced in a long time and a real plus for the hotel.
Overall this place is a winner and worth a visit. I hope to return.

Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Newtonbully
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were two couples with kids, crashing in at Baja Sardinia for our final day/night at Sardinia. Truly drop-in customers, but were greeted warmly welcome and offered a good deal at the Residence, which apparently has slightly bigger rooms than the main building.
Location is amazing, with a great pool and private beach. Excellent if you want a quiet, clean and comfortable vacation. The staff provided excellent service throughout our short stay, but we have no doubt recommending this property for a longer stay.
Most guests appeared to be seniors, a lot of Germans and Brits at this time of year. Definitely no hotel for clubbers, but a great place for a relaxing vacation, even with kids.
The rooms might have seen better days, but were clean and beds comfortable. Would love to see the Italians increase their wifi offering in general. Only available in the lobby, but free of charge. We would definitely come back here for our next Sardinia adventure. Recommended!

Room tip: You MUST try the pizza at the restaurant named il Guscio (white circular building, right across the street from the entry of Piazzetta dei pini). Best we´ve ever had!!!
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EL_Oslo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a fabulous 9 days at this lovely hotel.
I have to say I have never encountered such friendly staff who made the holiday the great experience it was. It would be unfair to single out any particular person, as all the staff were helpful and seemed prepared to join in the holiday atmosphere.
The food was delightful, particularly the lazy lunches, sitting outside looking at the beautiful bay below.
I would suggest taking something warm to wear in the evening, as it gets quite breezy, if sitting outside, but after a couple of bottles, I mean glasses, of lovely Sardinian wine you don't even notice it! Jaime was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in suggesting local wines that summed up the beautiful island of Sardinia.
We enjoyed the boat trip, on a magnificent vessel that held only 12 people , which picks you up from the hotel own private jetty, which was organised by Mauro in reception.
We were particularly lucky to have met some great new friends as a result of our wonderful time at La Bisaccia, and can't wait to return.
It was a holiday I will always remember with great affection.

Room tip: We had what was called a Villa. Very spacious, a little away from the main hotel but with spectacular views from our balcony.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donh1955
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of friends who had already been there twice.
We travelled with Citalia and the arrangements went smoothly. We were met at the airport and transported in comfort to the hotel about 30 minutes drive away from the airport.
The hotel itself was very comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. First class service and always a cheerful 'bon giorno' from everyone - including the gardeners. If I were to be a bit 'picky', the bed was a bit firm for my taste and also the pillows were an awkward size - too thin for 1 pillow and too thick for 2. It would have been nicer if there could have been a kettle in the room for the odd cup of tea or coffee but this is just a small niggle.
The pool area was lovely with a marvellous view over the bay in Baia Sardinia. The pool itself was well looked after and always plenty of loungers to be had. The pool water is salt water which surprised me but did not detract from the enjoyment. The water was a bit cold for late May but this is the fault of the weather alone.
The hotel has a small part of the main beach as a private area which opened on 1st June. Again, plenty of loungers even there were the usual culprits getting down early to reserve the front row! The sea was also quite chilly but the water was amazingly clear.
Finally, the food! We booked half board but were given complimentary lunches. All the food was fantastic - plenty of quantity and excellent quality. Very helpful and knowledgeable waiters and wine waiters. Make sure you take clothes that have plenty of 'give' in them.
The drinks were a bit expensive - around €30 minimum for a bottle of wine with dinner and also we were charged €4.50 per bottle of water with lunch and dinner. We stayed for 14 days and the drinks bill at the end of this time was a bit eye-watering. There is a supermarket around 10 minutes walk away and keeping a few bottles in the room made it a bit cheaper.
Overall, a wonderful holiday. I would definitely want to return there again but probably for 7-10 days instead of the 2 weeks.

Room tip: We stayed in the Residence rather than the main hotel. I understand that the rooms in the residence are slightly larger. We were in room 519 which was an end room with a large corner balcony which was very nice.
Date of stay: May 2013