Hotel Savoia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alpencolor TonaleHotel(Passo del Tonale)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Sole(Passo del Tonale)
  • Pool
Hotel La Torretta(Passo del Tonale)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Eden(Passo del Tonale)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel locanda Locatori(Passo del Tonale)
  • Breakfast included
Albergo Angelo(Passo del Tonale)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Dolomiti(Passo del Tonale)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Mirandola(Passo del Tonale)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Negritella(Passo del Tonale)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Adamello(Passo del Tonale)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge loungeplenty of hot waterfamily runfriendly hotelgood sizefew minutes walkpuddingstar hotelskiing tripend of the dayski hireshowercheesesnowskingslopescourses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We're just back from a ski vacation deal we got thought ski-deal in Israel.
The destination was Passo Tonale, in the Italian Alps (Dolomites).
I decided to write this review since we were positively surprised by the hotel.
It is a 3 star hotel, and surely not outstanding by any extravagant standards, but we enjoyed very much the attitude of the staff / owner(?), and it is a very good ROI for the rate you pay (we got it part of a deal, but the price list in the room mentioned between 45 and 90 Euro).
The rooms are small, but offer quiet sleep and are warm.
We stayed half-board. The food is not a gourmet one, but is fulfilling, satisfying and good. For breakfast, for example, you had hot and cold drinks (juice machine), fresh rolls, ham (or Salami) and cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereal & milk and a sweet croissant-like one would kill for... (very airy and tasty!)
Dinner would include a starter (soup or pasta and such), main dish (veal, pork, fish or beef - depends which day) and a nice desert.
The TV room proved us the gathering space we wanted at the end of the day. It also provided wireless internet, for which you can purchase an internet-card which gives you 5 hrs (accumulative, not needed to be taken at once) for 5 Euro - very reasonable in my eyes. If you do not have your laptop with you, you can use your internet card on their desktop, situated in a small booth in the lobby. It even has a printer connectd - so maybe not your fancy 'business center' but surely good service.

The town itself is a small one...(village? population ~250 or so).
The slopes are best suited for beginners and intermediate skiers. Serious skiers can probably cover most of them within a day or two. So, if you are there for a week, and are intermediate or higher, you surely want to expand your ski-pass to include also pontodilegno.
The town has a ski (and snowboard) school. The slops are very wide and comfortable.

My son had fun in the local disco-pub of Antares.

All in all, a small place, with good value for the money, and a positive surprise from this little hotel we stayed in - the hotel Savoia http://www.hotelsavoia.net/inglese/indexing.htm

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel for five excelent holidays. The family who run it give a lovely warm welcome. Nothing we asked was to much trouble for them.
The food is sometimes rather more alpine than Italian, there is always at least one excelent dish on the menue, the starters are pure joy every time. I have seen others make special requests which have always been provided, as they have when I have asked.
It is the best Italian hotel in its price bracket I have stayed in.
The location is also ideal

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Just returned from a week at the Hotel Savoia and although the hotel was clean and friendly enough, I have to say that it's not somewhere I'll be rushing back to or recommending to my friends. The room that we had was very 1970's with 2 single beds pushed together and a bunk bed for my 16 year old daughter, the mattress was so thin that we had to take the one from the top bunk to build the bottom bunk up a bit, although the view from the room was spectacular. Breakfast and dinner were basic to say the least - we expected nothing more than a continental style breakfast but the bread rolls were stale and inedible most days and dinner was very unappetising and bland. The hotel itself lacked any kind of atmosphere and I got the feeling that it was being run on a very tight budget as the staff were contantly turning off lights. Drinks, snacks etc were extremely expensive and certainly didn't encourage anyone to want to "stay in" and socialise. All in all, this has to be one of the worst hotels i've stayed in which is a shame because I can imagine that it was really something in it's heyday - perhaps it just needs some TLC but I'll certainly be giving it a miss in future.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank iloveholidays14
Reviewed 4 January 2009

I'm just back from a week in Passo Tonale, having read the reviews on the hotel before I went I was not expecting too much. I was pleasantly surprised, the bedrooms were basic, clean and adequate for the amount of time spent in them. The location is excellent just across from the slopes. The food was good and the staff were lovely. On New Year's Eve there was a fantastic gala evening a set menu with 9 courses, wine, water and champagne included, there was music and dancing and everybody had a great night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We have stayed in Passo Tonale previously and loved the resort. The hotels location is ideal to get to the slopes but that is the best bit about this hotel.

The rooms are very basic, which we didn't mind. The shower was very temperamental - one minute it was hot the next it was cold. Not what you want after a day on the slopes. The 'towels' they provide are actually no more than large tea-towels - I have never seen anything like this from any other hotel. You could not dry yourself adequately on them and could barely wrap them around you.

The food was not great, we had a choice every night, but quite often the one we picked was the best of a bad bunch. We ended up eating out on at least two occasions as we couldn't face another night of food hell!!
The trip was further ruined by a group of idiots who thought it hilarious to keep everyone up in the hotel. I'm all for a bit of fun but yelling and screaming until the early hours is not funny - no matter who you are. The hotel and rep did deal with it though, and by the end of the week it did calm down.

All in all I really wouldn't bother with this hotel - we have stayed at nicer hotels in the resort for the same price!! Try the Cielo Blu - it is a bit further away from the slopes but was much nicer!! Also if your rep has the Monestary traditional meal - I would recommend it as the food was fabulous!! One of the best meals I've ever had!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple