“First time skiing holiday”

Sport Hotel Vittoria
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Passo del Tonale
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a prime location, it has a friendly atmosphere, is spotlessly clean with a very welcoming spa. Staff are friendly and the food is delicious. We are already thinking about booking for next year.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lynesy17

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was our first ski holiday wasn't planning on going to Italy but my first choice was Austria .My agent recommended Italy and this hotel and I was not disapointed at all.
I could not fault the staff at all they were friendly helpful and made us feel very welcome.
The hotel itself was lovely and rooms were comfortable and clean, beds a little hard for my taste.
position was good very central .
The spa was lovely which I tried for the first time even though the spa staff did not speak any english it was not to much of a problem.
Food was a little disapointing at times as my husband can't eat pork products we had to be careful as alotof the menu had ham in . breakfast was not always good bread tended to be rather stale but I don't know if that is a Italian thing . My only critisizem was perhaps amore child friendly menu for the evening meal .
I would highly recoomend this hotel .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Firstly we got the wrong room, changed to a different room which we had to wait for 4 hours after we had a three hour transfer for our room to be cleaned.. No one on reception spoke English, but worst thing about this hotel is the same food everyday! Same buffet salad for a week! Lame bits of meat with just two potatoes and if dessert wasnt served it was put out for breakfast!!! Breakfast was embarrassing they need to fix toaster and deffo retrain the chef!! Also the restaurant manager had a bad attitude! I have read previous reviews on here and same things prop up a lot but not changing , my room was also noisy due to kids and the club downstairs did report it but they did nothing pretending they didnt understand English, I went with my mum and dad from 23 feb to 1st march and I run two of school trips a year and was seeing if this hotel was good enough for next year! NO WAY ! If you want great experience don't go to this hotel, slopes are great tho and night skiing

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Liberty78
sporthotelvittoria, Proprietario at Sport Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear guest
I want to answer your e-mail :

1. At your arrive we give you immediatly your room; you ask us to change because you don't like those room and you wait because you want to change but not 4 hours .
2. I think that on buffet on breakfast there is a lot of food; there is 5/6 type of brioches, different cake , bred, marmelade , eggs,ham,cheese,wurst,speck,toast and I think you can choose which type of food you prefer .
3. I'm sorry but I don't know if you have had some problem with Maitre, I know that our guests is very grateful for all staff in our restaurant for work and for kidness.
Probabily was better , if you have some problem to speack directly with person and not write on web site!
4. About the noise in rooms we cannot understood , we check but the rooms up yours was free all week and also the room next your was free and we don't know which noise you hear I cannot explain this !
5. I don't understand because you speack of Mini Club because your room was in 3° floor and Mini club on -1 floor , you cannot hear the noise from those room.
5. For buffet of salat we try to change every evening, I wait one advice from you, which type of salat you cannot find and which type you prefer to eat, I'm grateful with you if you can explain this point .
6. About the reception all people speack english , certainly is not our first language and will be possible that if you speack fast we cannot understand .

At the and I'm sorry because the peope can prefer go home and write on web site instead speack directly for all things you cannot find good.

Please write us an e-mail for give us the advice for get better a service for our guests.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel is situated almost perfectly for access to the ski slopes which are perfect for beginner or intermediate skiers (of which I am neither) and the effort made by the hotel team was outstanding. The restaurant manager is a master of organisation, the wine selection extensive and moderately priced, the food was great and varied and overall it was about the first time I've been skiing and been really comfortable. The staff are very helpful and the fuss made about all the children was remarkable.
The spa is really super and not available to those under 16, so consequently the swimming pool can be mobbed by 4.30pm every day and noisy, but its only to be expected.
There's snow tubing nearby with a toddlers play park and even karting. I was genuinely disappointed that we had to leave! I hope you'll love the place and their team as well.

1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here as a party of seven in three rooms. The hotel was spotless. The staff were very friendly (especially Anna the Romanian waitress). The hotel is ideally situated for a short walk across the road to the slopes and ski school. The food was plentiful and of a decent standard. I can recommend this hotel to any other families looking to stay in the area, and we are already planning to go back next year, which is unusual for us as we rarely go to the same place twice!

2  Thank David S
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Back for our second visit with the family and even better than last time. Staff very friendly and food very good. Breakfast is a choice of all from bacon/eggs, cereal, cakes etc to dinner with entrees and table service of starter/main. Paid for drinks at end of week and very, very reasonable. Hotel sorted out taxi for us and a lot cheaper than anyone else. Had superior rooms and excellent, front view of the slope. Recommend a visit to the Magic Bar in front of the hotel at the start of the ski slope. Want to go back again and we will, can't wait. Thank you to all the staff at the Sport Vittoria x

1  Thank 99shiver
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed the week before Christmas, 2 adults & 2 children aged 12 & 9 and had booked our holiday independently. Our flight to Verona was cancelled at the last minute and we had to fly into a different airport, and once we knew where we were flying to the staff at the hotel were fantastic in changing our pre-booked transfer at very short notice; we ended up arriving at the hotel at 2am (rather than 4pm!) and Massimiliano was waiting with a smile for us all and a beer in the bar for my husband (in my earlier emails with him he had even offered to save some food for all of us for a late dinner)! The room we were given was fantastic; duplex, nicely decorated, clean & warm. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was good, the entertainment staff were good, my daughter enjoyed doing the karaoke! The hotel wasn't noisy but it was quite quiet the week we were there. The location of the hotel, just across the road from the slopes, was fantastic and it was close to the ski school and ski pass office. We thoroughly enjoyed our week and will be looking to return again next ski season.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor are good