“Ski'ing over New Year”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Passo del Tonale
Yorkshire, England
“Ski'ing over New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our 3rd visit to this hotel. The Room was excellent (the rooms build on the side are a lot nicer than the rooms in the main building). Food was great, Spa was brilliant and reception service was great. It was busy over new year but no long waits to be served in the restaurant. It's a great hotel in a great location but a little over priced over the new year period (hence average value for money rating below) - I would wait till Feb or March. Plenty of snow and good ski area for all abilities.

1 Thank FamilyMan009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Returned to Sport Hotel Vittoria for another fantastic weeks skiing after a four year break. The hotel has been upgraded and is even better. Situated only a few metres from the main ski slopes of Tonale this hotel has everything. Exceptionally attentive and friendly staff, well appointed rooms, a spa and pool for that much needed relaxation after a hard day on the piste or somewhere for the non-skier and a wonderful restaurant. The latter particularly important as my wife is a Coeliac and they provide separate gluten free food for breakfast over and above the vast buffet that caters for everyone's taste and a different gluten free menu with choices each evening. We were a party of 10 including two parents over 70 and 6 youngsters aged 18-22.
We had forgotten the Italians celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve with a evening banquet the bonus we had two days of celebrations. Cannot wait to return for another great skiing experience and great hospitality the Sport Hotel Vittoria offers.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

First of all the hotel has a nice appearance from the outside, however I do not believe this should be a 4 star hotel, more like 3 star. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are okay, very clean but very basic. For example the third bed is just a sofa bed , something we have never had in other four star hotels before. The beds are quite hard and uncomfortable but the rooms and the entire hotel are spotlessly clean. The dining area is well presented and very clean but the food is poor for a four star hotel and drinks are very expensive. There is a good choice of breakfast items but all hot food is cold as they do not have any burners to keep food hot. The evening meal is a choice from a menu rather than buffet meals and the choices are not really appropriate for children and are also very limited for adults. The quality of the food is poor and the portion sizes are small. Again the hot food is cold when it is served. Quality of waiting staff also varies with some being more organised and attentive than others. Hotel is ideally located for the slopes and also has lockers (free of charge) with boot warmers which are very convenient. Passo Tonale is a nice resort but unfortunately we had several days when there was a thick fog and skiing was not enjoyable. However I was told by others that had been before that they had beautiful skiing weather in previous years. Spa and swimming pool are a nice touch and again staff are very friendly and helpful.

The experience with Nielson holidays was poor. Only saw the rep once all holiday . They set up a presentation evening and did not turn up and they also changed the pick up time but failed to let all guests know. Didn't really feel 'looked after' on our holiday by Nielson - very disappointing.

1 Thank Denise G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a prime location, it has a friendly atmosphere, is spotlessly clean with a very welcoming spa. Staff are friendly and the food is delicious. We are already thinking about booking for next year.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lynesy17
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was our first ski holiday wasn't planning on going to Italy but my first choice was Austria .My agent recommended Italy and this hotel and I was not disapointed at all.
I could not fault the staff at all they were friendly helpful and made us feel very welcome.
The hotel itself was lovely and rooms were comfortable and clean, beds a little hard for my taste.
position was good very central .
The spa was lovely which I tried for the first time even though the spa staff did not speak any english it was not to much of a problem.
Food was a little disapointing at times as my husband can't eat pork products we had to be careful as alotof the menu had ham in . breakfast was not always good bread tended to be rather stale but I don't know if that is a Italian thing . My only critisizem was perhaps amore child friendly menu for the evening meal .
I would highly recoomend this hotel .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Firstly we got the wrong room, changed to a different room which we had to wait for 4 hours after we had a three hour transfer for our room to be cleaned.. No one on reception spoke English, but worst thing about this hotel is the same food everyday! Same buffet salad for a week! Lame bits of meat with just two potatoes and if dessert wasnt served it was put out for breakfast!!! Breakfast was embarrassing they need to fix toaster and deffo retrain the chef!! Also the restaurant manager had a bad attitude! I have read previous reviews on here and same things prop up a lot but not changing , my room was also noisy due to kids and the club downstairs did report it but they did nothing pretending they didnt understand English, I went with my mum and dad from 23 feb to 1st march and I run two of school trips a year and was seeing if this hotel was good enough for next year! NO WAY ! If you want great experience don't go to this hotel, slopes are great tho and night skiing

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Liberty78
sporthotelvittoria, Proprietario at Sport Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear guest
I want to answer your e-mail :

1. At your arrive we give you immediatly your room; you ask us to change because you don't like those room and you wait because you want to change but not 4 hours .
2. I think that on buffet on breakfast there is a lot of food; there is 5/6 type of brioches, different cake , bred, marmelade , eggs,ham,cheese,wurst,speck,toast and I think you can choose which type of food you prefer .
3. I'm sorry but I don't know if you have had some problem with Maitre, I know that our guests is very grateful for all staff in our restaurant for work and for kidness.
Probabily was better , if you have some problem to speack directly with person and not write on web site!
4. About the noise in rooms we cannot understood , we check but the rooms up yours was free all week and also the room next your was free and we don't know which noise you hear I cannot explain this !
5. I don't understand because you speack of Mini Club because your room was in 3° floor and Mini club on -1 floor , you cannot hear the noise from those room.
5. For buffet of salat we try to change every evening, I wait one advice from you, which type of salat you cannot find and which type you prefer to eat, I'm grateful with you if you can explain this point .
6. About the reception all people speack english , certainly is not our first language and will be possible that if you speack fast we cannot understand .

At the and I'm sorry because the peope can prefer go home and write on web site instead speack directly for all things you cannot find good.

Please write us an e-mail for give us the advice for get better a service for our guests.
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel is situated almost perfectly for access to the ski slopes which are perfect for beginner or intermediate skiers (of which I am neither) and the effort made by the hotel team was outstanding. The restaurant manager is a master of organisation, the wine selection extensive and moderately priced, the food was great and varied and overall it was about the first time I've been skiing and been really comfortable. The staff are very helpful and the fuss made about all the children was remarkable.
The spa is really super and not available to those under 16, so consequently the swimming pool can be mobbed by 4.30pm every day and noisy, but its only to be expected.
There's snow tubing nearby with a toddlers play park and even karting. I was genuinely disappointed that we had to leave! I hope you'll love the place and their team as well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family