“Rustic Charm”

Ristorante Cavalier Bruno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Taste out of the ordinary ..... Historical place with great ambiance is located in Ponte a Seraglio, near the oldest casino in Bagni di Lucca and the Baths of Bath Hot. The clientele, always demanding and attentive, follows the evolution of the Restaurant "Bruno Cavalier" from back in 1949. Our kitchen is very attentive to the tastes: it offers fragrant homemade pasta and meat dishes with white truffle, also on soapstone, porcini mushrooms Garfagnana, traditional soups, fish soup, vegetarian and gluten free. The wine list is interesting, considering the labels.
North Yorks
“Rustic Charm”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends on their recommendation to try the truffle starter for 12 euro. I have to say it was very good. The restaurant offered a good choice of starters from 5 to 12 euro.

Overall the restaurant has a very rustic charm and caters well for vegetarians offering excellent pasta options. Mains came in from 12 to 20 euro.

Meat eaters need to be warned that rustic means just that, expect to be served parts of the chicken which your grand father would have happily enjoyed but are not common place in modern British cuisine, ie, the neck! Fortunately deep fried in breadcrumbs so my daughter happily ate the other bits of chicken and accepted that this bit would be hard to eat. My wife had white veal which was tender but in a slightly over powering sauce. I had goat which I love, but, it was very fatty. It may be one of those restaurants where it is better to eat the simple pasta options.

The service was good and the restaurant atmosphere was charming. It had all been decorated for Halloween which the kids loved. Had we kept off the main meat dishes and stuck to the starters and pastas I would have rated the restaurant very good.

• Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
“Frustrating and disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We walked into this restaurant at 6.30 to be told they didn't open till 7 and to come back then we would have been happy to have Ben offered a drink and had a peek at the menu .we returned at 7 and started to choose our food ,the waitress although spoke great English was most unhelpful when we asked about the dishes ..her attitude was well you need to try them .she said some people like them and some people don't !! My husband ordered steak she suggested a courgette dish for me .when it arrived I didn't know if it was a joke ! A tiny patty made of smushed up courgettes and some thing else was in the middle of my plate .i looked at her and she said " we have this as a side dish but you wanted it so I got it for you ..would you like something to go with it ..but I will be leaving it there!!! So much charm and dedication to the job brought tears to my eyes .we just ploughed on and ate the meal .my husbands steak was tough and cold the side dish of white beans were out of a packet the wine was ok the atmosphere frosty .only two other tables in there and I could hear both complaining to each other .the bill was €80 waste of money

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Janine F
Woodstock, Connecticut
“love,kindness, food to wow and an experience to match!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Truffles any way you like and in any volume you like! And if you don't like truffles or mushrooms, they'll dance to make you happy... Speaking every language you can imagine, but caring only about yours, your candle light dinner with perfect service is yours to chart. They'll do anything to make you happy-just ask. tourists who show up and expect to be worshiped should just announce that " I would like ..." and you'll get it! Order the best wine and "Chef's Finest Tasting" and you'll have a great night. 2 people can leave for less than 200 Euros with wine :) Ask for a 12 course experience with wine and liquor and you'll know love and Italy and all that is good in the world :) Tip here, 20-30% and you'll get it back in liquor

• Visited May 2013
Wellington
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant, the service was great and the meal excellent. We had the veal with truffles and beef and mushrooms plus the best tiramisu of our trip! Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“exquisite porcini”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We had lunch here at the height of the truffle and porcini seasons. There were special menus aimed at lovers of both which were excellent and very good value. Although slightly understaffed, the service was friendly and good.
David and Sarah