“Peace, quiet and stunning views - this is real...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
IanOrme84
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Peace, quiet and stunning views - this is real italy”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at the Olive Terrace for just over a week in November. Maria was the most welcoming and catering of hosts - offering us lifts to the local rail station and giving us homemade jam upon arrival.

The accommodation was perfect - equipped kitchen, living areas and the most comfortable of beds. Very large for just the two of us - it was perfect. The views are stunning.

I would highly reccomend anyone to make their next holiday at The Olive Terrace in Benabbio. You will not regret it!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!!
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
Pam E
“Just Beautiful!”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Beautiful and peaceful place. Our minds were blown away by the beauty of this village and its people. Special thanks to Ma. Elena she is a wonderful host very caring and helpful. She is also an agriculturist and bee expert and we learned so much from her. Too many good memories!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful view and peaceful place. Delicious food at the 2 local restaurants.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Christina...
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house in peaceful location.”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The apartment is well equipped and was spacious enough for a couple with toddler. Maria (the owner) was on hand when we needed her (to help build the log fire!) unlike most farm houses the shower is fantastic and when you get the log fire going the living area is a lovely place to sit and relax. The garden offers breathtaking views and there was even a discreet play area, equipped with toys for my son, there is also a BBQ along with a spacious terrace which is a beautiful place to watch the sunset. Maria and her family made us feel welcome and I left wishing she was my friend. I'd love to be able to return one day

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Brian R
Vancouver, Canada
“An Idyllic Hilltop Respite”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I know it's October and this review is for May 2014. What can I say- it has been a really busy summer and one thing that helped me get through was the amazing hospitality that my Dad and I had when we stayed at the Olives Terrace. So in two words, this is my review: Stay Here.

Nestled up in the hilltop town of Benabbio, the Olives Terrace is a separate and modern suite the historic Villa Santa Maria, a beautiful stone house that has been standing for more than 400 years. The apartment exudes history and charm while providing its occupants with all the modern conveniences.

The kitchen facilities are basic but what more do you need, a two burner induction stove (it boils a 1/2 litre of water from tap cold in less than a minute!) and a small fridge? All kitchen utensils were supplied and I felt confident that if we were lacking anything, Maria Elena would have lent it to us in a heart-beat. For what meals we had, it served us well.

As Maria Elena also cultivates crops of organic olives and looks after bee hives, we had small complementary tasters of olive oil and honey that were delicious. There was milk, coffee and tea as well as basic condiments also waiting for us when we arrived. Her wares are for sale and I'd recommend grabbing a bottle of the oil: organic olive oil from Italy? Come on- not to be missed! Dad brought some of the olive oil back to Canada and talks about it still!

As Dad and I were sharing a one-bedroom apartment, I have to tell you that the fold-out sofa bed I used was comfortable. I had no problems sleeping and over the four nights we were there I never once had a stiff back or sore neck as one can sometimes have. The bed in the bedroom certainly looked comfortable and Dad said it was a great place to sleep.

The WC was modern and well equipped. While it doesn't have a bathtub, the shower was super new and clean with various settings to ensure the shower you have is just what you want.

Maria Elena warned us that the church bell rang once on the hour- every hour- but that only added to the charm of the town and the property.

The ONLY thing that got less than a perfect review was the directions to get to the house. The address is officially 41 Via Santa Maria but since most of you will be driving you need to know this: Turn left between the church and the Cavallino Bianco (See my review of this amazing restaurant) and follow the squiggly narrow road, la Via Loupo Lupari, to a small parking lot you will find just past the pizzeria on the right (Google Maps shows it as the intersection of Via Loupo Lupari and Via Magenta). The house is just at the bottom of this small parking lot behind a little stone shrine. I spoke to our hostess, Maria Elena about the directions and she said that she would make changes in the directions to make it easier to find. I don't know if the instructions are any clearer now but at least you have them here! Do not allow this little detail to dissuade you from doing the amazing 10-minute drive up from Bagni di Lucca to stay here.

We used this magical find as our base while we descended down the mountain to Bagni di Lucca, Lucca itself, and Florence. But we spent an entire day just poking around the village. The pizzeria is really good but the restaurant- the Cavallino Bianco is a find like no other. Maria Elena has connections there and should it be busy, she'll find a way to get you in.

Finally, Maria Elena is a wonderful host. Her attention to detail and helpful information made our stay in Tuscany one to remember. If you're looking for an out-of-the-way spot to call home for a few days, and as we all know, that's a hard thing to do in Tuscany, the Olives Terrace is exactly what you might be looking for.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the view, the birds singing and the wonderfully cool apartment in this gracious old villa.
Liked least: Hmmm. The fact I had to leave, perhaps.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NewExperi...
Helsinki, Finland
“Beautiful scenery and a home away from home”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week in June. We felt especially welcome with the pickup from Pisa airport, helping with our luggage. We decided not to hire a car, but relied on local taxi for transport. The apartment was nice, with a very good kitchenette, a bathroom and a bedroom. Our hostess, Maria Elena was very helpful already with the planning and gave helpful tips what to do in the area. We explored the mountain sceneries walking around both in Benabbio and in the forest next to the castle ruins of Lupari

Liked best: Tranquility
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Carman D
Fargo, North Dakota
“Amazing and Breathtaking! Best stay of our trip!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

This seriously beat my expectations! Loved the village. When we left I felt I was leaving family. Maria showed us how she makes honey and we even got dressed and to learn more about the bees.The honey she makes is so yummy. She went through the whole process with us. She took us through her olive trees and we tasted last years olives. And the olive oil was amazing. We got to plant some things in her garden and we hung out with her children. It was just a fun way to get to know how they live and interact with others. The restaurants were good as well. They were always ready to help with anything we needed. I loved Viviana's market. We went there almost everyday of our stay. Pisa was close enough to drive to. Which took a little getting use to the mountain driving was not my favorite, but we did it. The views were amazing from the terrace and all around the village. We took a little walk up to the old church and that was a nice refreshing walk as well. I would recommend staying here over in town Bagni Di Lucca anytime! Friendly and very personable and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed and had a good time! Thanks Maria for everything!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Too many thing to pick just one
Liked least: The driving in the mountains. But that is anywhere is Italy.
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed 27 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Liked best: Location and views
Liked least: Not applicable.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing