“Room is big.. Do not stay on the street side.. Very noisy!!”
Review of Park Hotel Regina

Park Hotel Regina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bagni di Lucca
“Room is big.. Do not stay on the street side.. Very noisy!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Bagni di lucca is in Tuscany!! Stunning... However you need a car to get to and from here! The room is spacious and the bathroom too. The bed was comfy and clean. We stayed road side and for a quiet town it was very noisy.. Ask for one over the pool however they charge and extra 20 euro per night !!!! The pool is big and has many sun chairs and a beautiful view of the country side .. Breakfast not great and reception man was too busy to help us.. And gave us wrong information about public transport!!! Google is safer!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Hotel Regina for three nights (Thursday to Saturday) in May. The hotel is located in the 'La Villa' area to the eastern side of Bagni di Lucca. It is close to a number of bars and pizzaria for evening entertainment, but if I was to visit Bagni di Lucca again I would probably try to stay in the more centrally located Ponte di Serraglio area, which is prettier and there is more going on.

The staff at the hotel are impeccable. The young lady who was on reception most of the time I was there was a pleasure to deal with and was always very helpful. My room was a small double (I had booked a single, so it may have been a single room with two beds?) on the third floor. The room was adequately clean and I have no complaints about the maintenance of the hotel.

However, there were a few small points which seem really minor but are incredibly irritating at the time, which probably illustrate why attention to detail is so important in running a hotel.

For example, the first night I was there there was no soap in my room, and there was nobody on reception. This meant I could not wash my hands and the first morning I had to shower with water and no soap (I had an early appointment).

There was a stocked mini bar, but when I fancied a drink before dinner, there was no bottle opener to get into the drinks. When I eventually got the top off my drink using student tricks, there were no glasses in the room or bathroom, so I had to drink from the bottle. Minor, but frustrating.

On the second night, a small piece of soap had appeared, but all my towels were gone. Again, annoying.

On the first two nights, my sleep was very peaceful. However, on my final night (Saturday) there was really, really loud dance and techno music, presumably coming from a nearby bar or club, or party. I mean, really loud. It was impossible to sleep. This ended on the dot of midnight (strictly enforced licensing presumably) and so was not the end of the world, but as I had to get up at 4.30am, not a great end to the trip.

Oh, and the shower dripped really loudly, so I had to leave the head hanging upside down in order to get to sleep at night.

So as you can see, no outrageous complaints, but enough to say that if given the choice I would not stay at this hotel again or be able to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark_J
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I understand the hotel is over 200 years old and as you might expect, there are some signs of its age. That however only adds to the charm. Rooms are very spacious with solid period furnishings.
Apart from the breakfast room, there is limited public space in the hotel itself. However the garden ground with open air swimming pool more than makes up for any lack of internal public space. We stayed for 5 days in early April, and while the pool is not open until 1st May, we made good use of the garden that backs on to the river. The manager, Roberto, was very attentive to the needs of all guests. Breakfast was sufficiently varied and plentiful. We were genuinely sorry to leave - I have not felt so relaxed in a long time.
Bagni di Lucca is a good base for walkers, or for day trips to Lucca, Pisa, Barga etc - or for simply relaxing.

Room Tip: Our room was in third floor and faced the roadside. We were not troubled by road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taksalangspoon
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I spent April 5th and 6th there. The hotel was beautiful. We were on the backside and the view was incredible with pool area, the river Lima and the hills beyond. Roberto the owner is fantastic. He went above and beyond to make our trip comfortable and pleasant. I can honestly say I have never met a hotel owner/manager more compassionate and helpful. Thank you Roberto for a truly memorable stay. We will always remember your many kindnesses.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend while walking up in the hills a little further north. The hotel is clean and tidy and out of season (we stayed in October) incredibly good value for money. I stayed in a large 3 bedded room with plenty of space for 3 adults. The room faced the road which can be a little noisy as cars pass by. If you can get a room at the back of the hotel it would be much quieter. Breakfast is standard continental lots of choice with fresh coffee. We ate at the hotel's restaurant one night, unfortunately they ran out of wine ! which somewhat spoilt the evening (they had just 2 bottles of red available for a party of 7. To be honest you get better value in some of the local bars in town. The hotel has it's own car park and nice pool area for the summer. Close to bars, restaurants and supermarkets - the hotel is a great place to base yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will avoid the road noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice Hotel located along the river Lima. Roberto, the owner was very helpful and knowledgable.
We liked to have breakfast on the terrace facing the river. If you are going to visit the area this is the right place

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evan B
Bathgate
Reviewed 3 August 2013

stayed here for a week, it was awesome. My stay was more than i could ever of expected. Hotel Manager Roberto is lovely, nothing is a bother, his amazing team also very lovely & very helpful. I got married in Bagni and they made my pre wedding week perfect. I will definitely go back. We stayed int he suite, lots of space, and over looking the garden, very nice. The pool is great too

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel Ristorante Milano
Hotel Ristorante Milano
#1 of 2 in Borgo a Mozzano
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Re...
#1 of 1 in Castelvecchio Pascoli
Hotel San Marco
Hotel San Marco
#8 of 49 in Lucca
Hotel Villa Cheli
Hotel Villa Cheli
#15 of 49 in Lucca

Been to Park Hotel Regina? Share your experiences!