“A real old fashioned treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hotel Regina

Park Hotel Regina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bagni di Lucca
London, United Kingdom
“A real old fashioned treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We loved this hotel. The staff were a complete pleasure to deal with and the room with a balcony overlooking the garden, pool and river was fantastic. We really enjoyed having breakfast on the terrace. The beds were comfortable. When there is an event in the street, I can imagine there is some noise, but you know that it will always finish at midnight. As other reviewers say, the restaurant over the road from the hotel is great. We also had some delicious food from the bistro of the hotel, sitting out on the terrace.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony do cost more, but it is worth every cent
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Stavanger, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had booked a family room with babycot. When we arrived there where no babycot and the receptonist was not very helpful. After insisting over and over again she finally found a babycot for us. When we came to the room there where not towels for everyone. The towels where like big thin kithentowels. Never seen that in a hotel before. After this the staff was very nice. The room was not cleaned properly and the bathroom had'nt been cleaned properly in a long time. See pictures. The pool was very nice and the outdoor area for breakfast was also nice. I found it strange that they did not have a babychair when having breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a room on 3rd floor facing the street. Noise from music across the road until midnight and fr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ferietid123
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed for a week whilst working (partner holidaying) in Bagni di Lucca. Hotel has classic antiquated Italian charm, a lovely pool and elegant outdoors breakfast area. There's an excellent restaurant over the road, and further choice a mile's walk down the road in Ponte de Serraglio (we liked Hotel Corona's restaurant best). The outstanding feature of the hotel is its staff who were charming, friendly and helpful: nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay here again if in the area, but would recommend hiring a car to explore the area properly.

Room Tip: Pool side is nicer: quieter with a pretty view. The rooms cost extra.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanna S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Bagni di lucca is in Tuscany!! Stunning... However you need a car to get to and from here! The room is spacious and the bathroom too. The bed was comfy and clean. We stayed road side and for a quiet town it was very noisy.. Ask for one over the pool however they charge and extra 20 euro per night !!!! The pool is big and has many sun chairs and a beautiful view of the country side .. Breakfast not great and reception man was too busy to help us.. And gave us wrong information about public transport!!! Google is safer!!!

• Stayed May 2014
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Hotel Regina for three nights (Thursday to Saturday) in May. The hotel is located in the 'La Villa' area to the eastern side of Bagni di Lucca. It is close to a number of bars and pizzaria for evening entertainment, but if I was to visit Bagni di Lucca again I would probably try to stay in the more centrally located Ponte di Serraglio area, which is prettier and there is more going on.

The staff at the hotel are impeccable. The young lady who was on reception most of the time I was there was a pleasure to deal with and was always very helpful. My room was a small double (I had booked a single, so it may have been a single room with two beds?) on the third floor. The room was adequately clean and I have no complaints about the maintenance of the hotel.

However, there were a few small points which seem really minor but are incredibly irritating at the time, which probably illustrate why attention to detail is so important in running a hotel.

For example, the first night I was there there was no soap in my room, and there was nobody on reception. This meant I could not wash my hands and the first morning I had to shower with water and no soap (I had an early appointment).

There was a stocked mini bar, but when I fancied a drink before dinner, there was no bottle opener to get into the drinks. When I eventually got the top off my drink using student tricks, there were no glasses in the room or bathroom, so I had to drink from the bottle. Minor, but frustrating.

On the second night, a small piece of soap had appeared, but all my towels were gone. Again, annoying.

On the first two nights, my sleep was very peaceful. However, on my final night (Saturday) there was really, really loud dance and techno music, presumably coming from a nearby bar or club, or party. I mean, really loud. It was impossible to sleep. This ended on the dot of midnight (strictly enforced licensing presumably) and so was not the end of the world, but as I had to get up at 4.30am, not a great end to the trip.

Oh, and the shower dripped really loudly, so I had to leave the head hanging upside down in order to get to sleep at night.

So as you can see, no outrageous complaints, but enough to say that if given the choice I would not stay at this hotel again or be able to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark_J
Fife, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I understand the hotel is over 200 years old and as you might expect, there are some signs of its age. That however only adds to the charm. Rooms are very spacious with solid period furnishings.
Apart from the breakfast room, there is limited public space in the hotel itself. However the garden ground with open air swimming pool more than makes up for any lack of internal public space. We stayed for 5 days in early April, and while the pool is not open until 1st May, we made good use of the garden that backs on to the river. The manager, Roberto, was very attentive to the needs of all guests. Breakfast was sufficiently varied and plentiful. We were genuinely sorry to leave - I have not felt so relaxed in a long time.
Bagni di Lucca is a good base for walkers, or for day trips to Lucca, Pisa, Barga etc - or for simply relaxing.

Room Tip: Our room was in third floor and faced the roadside. We were not troubled by road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taksalangspoon
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I spent April 5th and 6th there. The hotel was beautiful. We were on the backside and the view was incredible with pool area, the river Lima and the hills beyond. Roberto the owner is fantastic. He went above and beyond to make our trip comfortable and pleasant. I can honestly say I have never met a hotel owner/manager more compassionate and helpful. Thank you Roberto for a truly memorable stay. We will always remember your many kindnesses.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Val di Luce Spa Resort
Val di Luce Spa Resort
#2 of 6 in Abetone
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Re...
#1 of 1 in Castelvecchio Pascoli
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,046 reviews
Hotel Ristorante Milano
Hotel Ristorante Milano
#1 of 2 in Borgo a Mozzano

Been to Park Hotel Regina? Share your experiences!