Le Torri was recommended to us by friends who selected it for our 1 week stay in September 2012. We had the two bedroom unit on the second floor (No 2), which had great views from all the windows facing north and northeast over some lovely rolling hills leading to the mountains in the distance.
While there is no air conditioning, we found leaving the outside patio door open at night gave us enough breeze to sleep comfortably at night. Temperatures were in the low 20's at night and mid-high 20s during the day.
The rooms are simply furnished with very old wooden pieces which well matched the feel of the villa itself. The kitchen is fully equiped so you can cook any meals you wish.
This is a great location allowing you do day trips to all the sites in this part of Tuscany (Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Lucca, etc).
There is a welcome buffet reception on Saturday night and the food is great and it is a wonderful way to meet all the other guests. There is a also a Wednesday night dinner offered for 30 Euro's each if enough guests sign up - I would highly recommend you do - and hope they are offering lasagna, it's melt in your mouth. This is full multi course Italian meal which includes all the red or white wine you can drink (and one or two of the guest did just that). It's a full evening of great food, drink and conversation.
The grounds are lovely and well maintained, the pool is naturally heated, but even in late September it was great for a refreshing dip after a day of travel.
So any downside? Yes but they are in my mind quibbles as this is a place you would want return to.
1. There is some road noise as it is set on a road between two small villages, traffic starts around 630 am with a few cars, followed by a bus or two between 7-8 am. Very little traffic after 10 pm.
2. Wifi service - it's is okay to good. Signal strength is not the best and the service dropped several times during our visit. Other guest told me they had spoken to Gabrial about it. I realize you don't come to Tuscany for the internet but since they offer it, it does need to be improved as it is not at the high standards of the rest of their offering.
3. Towels, I think they should provide another set of towels mid-week, I think one set for the whole week is a bit less than is needed. They do offer another set but there is a charge.
On the whole Le Torri offers an excellent value for your vacation dollar and getting 2 home cooked Italian meals in one week (yes cooked by his mother), can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIII century building, villa apartments vacation rentals in the heart of Tuscany in the Chianti hills area top view, 25km to Florence, 50km Siena, 60Km Pisa, 30Km San Gimignano. Self-catering apartments in Tuscany. Apartments 2 bed and 4 bed. Welcome buffet Tuscan home made on Saturday from April and of October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Torri Hotel Montespertoli
- Villa Le Torri Montespertoli, Italy - Tuscany