“Fantastico!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Melograni del Chianti

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poggibonsi
I Melograni del Chianti
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I can't add any more to the other wonderful reviews of this beautiful property, but I can assure you that every superlative used to describe it is an understatement. What can't be described is the peace and tranquility enjoyed during your stay in this exquisite slice of Tuscany. And you will love Tuscany! We visited Tuscany after spending a week in Provence, and Tuscany offers so much more. All the wonderful comments about Serena are also accurate; she is charming, helpful, friendly, and honest. One note: If you are driving (and you definitely NEED A CAR to tour Tuscany), don't follow your GPS to I Melograni. The GPS is wrong. Really. Not just my GPS; everyone else's too.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. There will be more sun.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank saltwaterJ

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Would just like to add what has already been said about this wonderful place. SImply an outstanding place to stay for a week in Tuscany. Property was beautiful; pools, apartments, outdoor areas, views were all superb. Serena is a warm, welcoming host who could not do enough for us, recommending & booking winery tours, restaurants & galleries. We stayed a week but wanted longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Andrew G
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time at I Melograni del Chianti. The location was great, the pool and facilities just what we needed. Serena is a great host, very knowledgeable and helpful in terms of places to go and things to do. We made several day trips, but also just had a few lazy days at the house and then we could drive to San Gimignano or Castellini de Chianti for dinner or some gelato! Two issues, first the directions are not complete, once you know where you are going it is easy to get around. If you are coming north from Siena, take a left at the end of the ramp! Second, the wireless is not the strongest, but if you're going to get away that should not be a problem. I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jaybird1
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous week at I Melograni Dei Chianti. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the lovely owner Serena until the moment we drove away after generous hugs and goodbyes from Serena ALL WAS PERFECT! We chose this spot figuring it would be a great location as 'home base' so we can travel and explore all areas of the Chianti region. Coming back 'home' each day after exploring Tuscany was just as exciting. I could go on and on about how fabulous I Melograni, but it is easier to say all the other positive reviews on here are so true....so how about I just type DITTO!
Thank you Serena for sharing your piece of paradise!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Buffboomer
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Visited early September. This was our second holiday here, always a good sign, and it lived up to the enjoyment of our first visit. Serena was as lovely and helpful as before, how she keeps so cheerful seeing so many different people with many requests is amazing. What I would say is check the directions to the property carefully before you go, it can be difficult the first time to find, but what a view and welcome when you get there ! It is ideally located between Siena and Florence with many small villages within twenty miles to visit. Serena will advise you of the best ones and make your dinner reservation for you. We liked Le Vecchie Mura on the terrace at San Gimignano and the Dante at Radda for mid day snacks.
Serena sells a very good quality Chianti from their own vin yard, and olive oil if you need it. The local Co op supermarket in the town sells everything else you need, open 7 days a week.
If you need accommodation in Tuscany, ideally located, with a great host, just go here.

Room Tip: Read the web site, all rooms fully described with pictures.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Imp_10
Berg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My daughter, my wife and myself spent two outstanding weeks in August 2013 in I Melograni del Chianti (appartement Cantina). I Melograni is a really wonderful place for perfect, typical Tuscany-holidays! It is located in a wonderful landscape (with cypress-trees and lots of olive-trees) between Firenze and Siena in the heart of the Chianti area and therefore an ideal site for excursions in the charming surroundings. The whole facility and the appartements themselves are very clean and very beautiful arranged; also the pool is kept immaculate; last but not least the really charming and nice hostess Serena made us feel really welcome and she had always time for our questions and belongings. So, my family and myself only can recommend I Melograni del Chianti explicitely - we will certainly come back again (Bernhard, Brigitte and Kathrin from Germany)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bernhard R
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Fienile apartment for a week in July 2103. It was perfect for the two of us with its own outdoor patio on which to view the Tuscan sunset. The apartment had a full kitchen and we able to use the outdoor grill to prepare meals (finding the Coop in Poggibonsi on the first day is a must!). With temperatures in the mid-90's, it was great to have a pool on the property for a late night dip. It was our first trip to Italy and Serena helped us locate places to visit and taste the region's fine Chianti wines. I Melagrani is centrally located, perfect for seeing all of Tuscany and some of Umbria. We were able to drive to and visit two or three of the beautiful Tuscan walled cities in a day. Best activities were the Italian cooking class that Serena helped arrange and bike riding on the top of the old wall in Lucca. We also enjoyed talking with the other guests who came out with their wine in the evenings and shared their experiences. We plan to return to I Melagrani again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter during the day. And most Tuscan agriturismo's do not have a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mary Jo C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poggibonsi
Villa San Lucchese Hotel
#5 of 22 in Poggibonsi
Antico Borgo San Lorenzo
Antico Borgo San Lorenzo
#3 of 22 in Poggibonsi

Been to I Melograni del Chianti? Share your experiences!