“Amazing castle - outstanding wine”

Castello di Magione
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Magione
Tucson, Arizona
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Amazing castle - outstanding wine”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stopped here as part of a tour and the Castle Di Magione is an unbelieveable place. We toured the chapel, the small museum room and the wine cellar and had a tasting and lunch in a section of the castle. Part of the castle is occupied part of the year as it is owned by the Grand Master of the Sovereign Order of Malta. The rest of the castle and property is the vineyard and its operations. We bought 4 bottles of wine, one of which we drank that evening at our hotel. Lugged the other 3 back to the U.S. A lovely place in a beautiful setting, worth the trip.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank MDavisTucson_AZ

Roma
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Wonderful, suprising, superb wines......”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have visited the town of Magione many many times over the past 8 years, for work, and I had never seen the castle. I visited recently as I stayed in the area for a brief holiday and the place knocked me out!! They have been making wine there for hundreds of years and you can visit the wine stores for free, there is even a wooden wine keg of 2500 Liters!! Then they let you taste the wines and buy directly, I tasted and bought only 3 bottles as I was with the motorbike, but they also deliver bottles home. Wonderful experience, really special.

Visited August 2013