Agriturismo Podere Montepetreto
La Casa Sul Lago(Torricella di Magione)
US$76
B&B L'Emporio(Torricella di Magione)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
  • Breakfast included
US$85
US$82
Dimora Fra' Giovanni B&B Relais(Magione)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$59
Casa Vacanze Vecchio Granaio(Magione)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$63
La Casa di Campagna(Magione)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
US$79
US$75
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Isole e Tramonti(Monte del Lago)
US$94
B&B.it
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The setting was incredible. The area is so beautiful. My husband is a chef and I am a wine steward, and we had an incredible dining adventure in the surrounding towns. Umbria is a marvel, and Podere Monte Petreto was the perfect home base for us. Absolutely breathtaking, FANTASTIC kitchen for us to play in, beautiful beautiful rooms, charming and informative host. When I close my eyes I can still see the view of the Castelo under the moonlight while swimming in the stone pool surrounded by ancient olive trees, lavender and roses. We would wake up every morning and reach out our window to pick almonds off the tree for breakfast. The best trip of my life.

Room Tip: Get the room w/ the fireplace. go off-season
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bellaviola
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I came and kept coming at Monte Petreto, where the owner Roberta took really good care of me. Not only with the delicious " crostata" pastry she makes, but also with good advice on where to go, where to eat and what to discover in this beautiful part of Italy. I found out as well that it is THE place to go if you want to bring your pets, since they will find a warm welcome here. Roberta knows al the good hikes to go with (or without) your dog and her son Andrea is the greatest animal lover ( and expert !) I ever met.

Room Tip: I have seen only charming aptments here.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank femkeAmsterdam
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We had a wonderful time at Montepetreto. The farm is located in a beautiful spot in the hills in between 1000 olive trees that Roberta, the owner, grows to produce her own olive oil.
There is one thing that you will have to pay attention to: Pets are allowed. So if you have an allergy like I do, make sure you bring enough antihistamins, in case you are in an apartment right after a pet has left. Because of my cat allergy I had to be on antihistamins for the whole stay.
The farm provides lovely views of the lake and the surrounding countryside. We stayed in Ginestra which is probably the most beautiful of the apartments with a gorgeous terrace.
Montepetreto is far enough away from the main roads as not to be bothered by any noise, yet conveniently located to go and see the many beautiful sights nearby: Perugia (only 20 mins away), Gubbio, Spello, Spoleto, Panicale, Todi and of course ASSISI are all well worth a visit. My recommendation: Bribe your children with the lovely swimming pool where they can spend half the day and take them sightseing for the remainder of the day. The owner Roberta was lovely. She even made a cake for us to bring on the long drive home!! Thanks again. I can wholeheartedly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank olex3
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed in the Olmo apartment which is perfect for a family of four and spent a week discovering the area around Lake Trasimeno. Our teenage boys enjoyed the fabulous swimming pool and we appreciated the hillside setting and wonderful views of the Lake. We had fun exploring the towns set on the lake particularly the beautiful Castiglione and made trips into Tuscany and to Perugia. There are plenty of restaruants to choose from in nearby San Feliciano and the sunsets on the lake are unbelievable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank robinaprince
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The old country farm run for 20 years by a couple bored of living in Rome; they loved, they cure it, so the place is like in a fairy tale; visitors feel like at home and are warmly welcome; number of independent apartments (bath and kitchen) with fabulous view at the lake (unforgettable sunsets) plus swimming pool (stairs, not ladder!!!) give ideal opportunity to take a rest; the only weak point is slight noise from near local road, might bother delicate souls.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple