Parc Hotel
Hotel Campanello(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$106
US$100
Kairos Garda Hotel(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$121
US$115
Mod05 Living Hotel(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$137
US$130
Albergo Corte Malaspina(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$89
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Gasparina Village(Castelnuovo del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Gardaland Hotel(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$128
US$109
  • Pool
Belvedere Village S.p.a.(Castelnuovo del Garda)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
  • Pool
Hotel Dore(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$64
US$61
Agirturismo Le Fornase(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$110
Hotel Gasparina(Castelnuovo del Garda)
US$141
All reviewsgolf courseice creamsoft drinksindoor poolanimation teamair confree busbreakfast and dinnertea and coffeegolf hotelcold meatspizzathe hotel offersbeautiful areagreat familyself cateringsun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

What a shame a hotel with so much potential is such a shambles. It is in a lovely position with ample facilities but, apart from the animation team (who were charming and worked very hard) the staff's apathy and the shabby furnishings really let it down.

I stayed for 2 weeks in June. My room was of good size but let down by stained carpeting, peeling headboard, lack of proper cleaning, intermittent hot water and badly positioned shower over the bath - with no grab rail or non-slip mat.

Food was served in a basement restaurant reminiscent of a school canteen - some days it was very good, other days appalling. Some lunchtimes there was a choice of food, on others it was burger and chips or nothing, on another occasion doner kebab meat and chips or nothing and on one occasion there was food but this was not available to all inclusive guests, but to conference delegates only - very insulting!! Dirty cloths on our table when we arrived were still in place after 2 weeks. Food smeared on the outside of the microwave provided to heat up the food was never cleaned off during my 2 weeks stay and there was a selection of chipped and cracked crockery and glassware. I had food poisoning on my second night! Food was kept hanging about luke warm - just the right temperature to breed bugs and there was no sign of any hand sanitizing which is the norm in self-service restaurants these days.

The indoor bar was usually closed meaning that one had to sit outside in the evenings and the only way to get a drink was to take wine up from the restaurant. The outside furniture was usually filthy and the seating covered in bird droppings. One had to clean them off with paper napkins and water from the drinks machine.

Although there was supposed to be an all inclusive bar from 10am to 11pm it was often shut and when it was open was manned by the most surly and disinterested staff. Coffee was obtained from a machine outside and dispensed into plastic containers (the machine spits coffee all over your clothes if you stand too close), another machine dispensed water and fizzy drinks. One evening whilst drinking coffee with companions the barman came and snatched the cups from the table before we had finished spilling milk over a friends foot. The barman also took great exception to anyone moving any of the chairs and when people vacated them would come and slam them back into place. He would have been better occupied with a cloth and some cleaning materials cleaning the tables.

This hotel needs to be refurbished, have it's staff trained in food hygiene, cleaning and customer relations as it has the potential to be better. I travel to Italy a lot on holiday and can say this was just not up to standard.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Reggie H
ParcHotelGarda, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Parc Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Reggie,

thank you for your review. We're sorry for your experience of our hotel. We will take your opinion into account to improve our service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have just returned from a 14 night stay at the Parc Hotel in Pescheira. All I can say is that after 10+ years of travelling to various countries in 4* hotels and on All Inclusive basis this should not be advertised or sold as an all inclusive resort. I have only used Trip Advisor a few times and last year’s holiday in Sharm el Sheik received a glowing report from me however that is not the case for this one in Italy - This is NOT an all inclusive hotel and based on the customer service it is barely a 4* hotel and here is why:

All inclusive
This is most definitely NOT an all inclusive hotel. The only thing included is the main restaurant which is only open at set times being breakfast, lunch and dinner (only between 6.30pm and 8.30pm in the evening so if you go out for a day trip you are limited on eating in the evening). In between these times if you want a drink you are provided with a ridiculous key (despite being made to wear what turned out to be a pointless wrist band) which you have to use in machines at which all you can get is water, cheap cola and fizzy orange (we don’t normally let our children have fizzy drinks especially full sugar ones so not suitable). There were coffee machines and two revolting wines to choose from, one red and one white both tasted disgusting and cheap and served in a plastic cup. If you lose your key there is a 20 euro charge – it was easy to take your drink and forget your key, luckily on the occasions this happened to us we were lucky enough to find they key still near the machines however we met other guests who had lost their keys.

There were two further bars where you could get food but you had to pay for these. One of the bars had a drinks machine, but the Laguna pool bar did not so if you set yourself up there you had to allow for a 600meter walk to the next bar to get your cheap cola! Not good when we travelled with two disabled family members who both have mobility issues!

Snacks were provided during the day – however to get these you have to go back into the main hotel. This therefore meant having to get dressed (as you can’t walk around in your swimsuit), traipse the 600meters from the pool to the main hotel, eat your snacks in the area as you weren’t allowed to remove food from there (we just snuck it into our bags) and all that was provided was dry biscuits and pretzels, and on some days dry cake! There is all inclusive ice creams for the kids, however again only served at the pizza bar and only three lollies banana, strawberry or lemon. Again a big walk to get these!

At the bar if you asked for a spirit i.e. vodka and coke you were given your vodka in a glass but then had to walk across and get the coke yourself out of the machine! Also as it was self service for the wine you had this in a plastic cup! Not very 4*!! I get this around the pool but not in the bar inside.

Pool towels
Towels are provided by the hotel but unlike most hotels, where each day you are provided with clean ones, here you kept yours until you left them in the bath for the housekeeper who would take them and leave clean – however if you needed them for the pool that day this wasn’t really very ideal! This was also not told to you on check in so on day three of our holiday I took my towels to reception to request clean ones. I was met with the most rude receptionist (short blond haired lady – avoid her like the plague if you can) who told me she couldn’t give me clean ones. I asked her how did I get clean ones and she said she didn’t know. This ended up in a heated debate consisting of me, holiday maker who had spent a couple of thousand pound on this holiday not knowing the rules, and her hotel staff who should know these things, refusing to help me! In the end she told me to leave them in my bath and so when I then pointed out that we needed the towels for the morning she told me I would just have to keep my dirty ones!!

Air conditioning
On our first night our room temperature was 28*. I went to reception three times to tell them our air conditioning was not working. The a/c is controlled by reception and so they kept fiddling with the computer but nothing changed, on my third visit at 1am I was told to open my door (great lets invite the bugs in to spend the night with us, also we were on the ground floor overlooking the main route in so from 6am we had delivery lorries and cars driving through). In the morning I went back to reception to say it wasn’t good enough and we couldn’t spend 13 more nights like that – my parents room and my brothers room were also very hot. Luckily the man I saw this time told me the a/c was on however the heating was too so they had counteracted each other. He resolved this but the lowest we managed to get the temperature throughout our whole stay was 23* and as soon as you turned the a/c off it crept back to 27/28* pretty quickly. On day 7 of our holiday our a/c stopped working, as had the other two rooms in our booking. I went to reception and was told by the mean blonde lady that I had requested it be turned off! I assured her that with a room temperature of 28* this was not the case. No apologies from her just blamed us for this!

Reception Staff
As mentioned before there is one particular receptionist who in any other country would most definitely not have a job any longer. The short haired blonde lady was just so rude and if she didn’t ignore you she would just argue or accuse you over anything!
It wasn’t just her though and I can honestly say I have never come across such rude staff in my entire life and would never have expected this from a 4* hotel. If you went to reception you were lucky if they would get up from the seated desk they had about 8 feet away from the main reception, meaning you mainly had to shout across to them, and even then they would look at each other as if to say “come on it’s your turn I dealt with the last person”! One time we went to ask about train times to Milan. The lady eventually gave us them but we had to ask again for return times and she didn’t speak to us just printed them then shoved them on the reception desk then walked away! Same happened the week after when we asked about trains to Venice. We also ran out of toilet paper on one day so had to go to reception, here I was given a handful of tissue paper to fill the box up myself! Everything seems to be self service at this hotel!

This is however with the exception of the head receptionist as he was lovely and would help with any queries.

Other guests
The hotel is obviously not only open to All Inclusive guests, it also caters for golfers and conference guests. These are given priority and A/I guests are definitely seen as a hindrance to staff. My dad was stood at reception and was ignored for a good minute or so, however a man in a suit came over and the receptionist got up and served him, she then served another man who clearly came along afterwards before my dad asked why he was being ignored – he was told she hadn’t seen him, yet he was stood there first and only a foot or so away from the suited man! In the restaurant these other gusts are treated to service at their tables, material napkins as opposed to us getting paper ones and bottles of water on their tables. If you are A/I you are expected to serve yourself.

Pools
There are three pools to use, all are spacious and had plenty of (uncomfortable and cheap) sunbeds. However pool one was the “quiet pool”. As we had children with us we appreciated this and so stayed away from this pool out of respect to other guests. The second pool was the “winnie the pool” pool. This was fine apart from the lazy pool bit and Jacuzzi bits not working for our whole stay. The pool was cold but it was only May/June so appreciate not the hotels fault however for a 4* hotel maybe a bit of heating might have been nice. This pool however had no toilet near it (see my later point) and the only drinks available was out of a Coca Cola vending machine, so not free. To get a drink you had to walk approx 200m to self serve yourself the cheap coke/water and then work out how you were going to carry the whole family’s back with you as you weren’t allowed to use their trays! The third pool was the Laguna pool. This pool was a 600 meter walk away from the nearest all inclusive drink machine or you could use the bar at a cost! I can’t believe they didn’t have an all inclusive key machine down there. Having both my parents with mobility issues this was an absolute nightmare!

Toilets
A serious lack of toilets in this hotel. My parents are both registered disabled and my mother also suffers with IBS. This meant she hardly ate a thing whilst away at the risk of her not being able to get to a toilet! She couldn’t use the Quiet pool as we had kids with us, the Winnie the Pool one was a good 200m away from the nearest toilets – the first were in the main hotel but to access the toilet you had to get dressed to enter the main hotel, you then had to walk down two flights of stairs and through a maze of corridors before reaching the toilet. Or you could use the pizza bar toilet which was around 200m away and again down two flights of stairs. Not good if you have mobility issues or are desperate for the loo! At the Laguna Pool there were toilets but these were again down flights of stairs and these toilets were smelly and disgusting! Also there was a gap over the separation panel between the mens and ladies meaning the men could look over the top and vice versa!

Food / restaurant
Same old every day – I started to wonder how many times they brought out the day before cabbage! As we went out of high season on some days there were only 6 dishes available, two of these were just plain pasta and just boiled rice! If it’s quiet why not give out menus and ask people to choose a dish as opposed to serving that sloppy stuff! We ended up eating out in the town quite a few times at extra cost to us.

Some of the waiters are really miserable and for the first week we were barely smiled at, however into our second week some friendly faces appeared and I can only praise Mike and Efi who were lovely.

Entertainment
There was no night time entertainment but during the day we were asked if we wanted to join in with Zumba or archery. I think as we were just before busy season this could have been about to change.

Kids Club
The only AMAZING thing about this hotel was Allessa who ran the hotels kids club. She was superb and my children cried when we had to leave as they loved her so much. She took them off for a few hours each morning and again in the afternoon. We told the kids it was up to them if they wanted to go or play by the pool but they went everytime as she loved it, she did so much with them and then she also ran the mini disco in the evenings. Allessa was a credit to the hotel and if my review was based on her it would be 5*.

Bus
There was a free hourly bus to Peschiera which was reliable and the driver was lovely, however this did stop at essential times of the day being between 1 and 3 (when you might want to get back to the hotel for lunch) and 7pm again when you might want to get back from a day trip.

Rooms
Our room was fine however come the end of the second week the dust was getting disgusting, the cleaner must only clean when the guests swap and the beds were rock hard as were the pillows! Also the shower is put on the wrong wall so when you turn it on the pressure of it hit the shower curtain and this flooded the bathroom – complete pain as only way to get around this was to hold the shower head or of course take a bath. On one occasion my brother found three massive bugs that looked like a cross between a spider and a centipede. He caught all three and placed glasses over them. When they returned from the pool later that day they were surprised to find them still sat there completely ignored by the maid!

Golf
My husband did make use of the golf course and driving range and he only had good comments to make about these.

Previous Trip advisor reviews
If you look at the good reviews on trip advisor you will see these come from the seminar / golfers who only made brief stays at this hotel and would not have been there on the all inclusive basis. I can understand their good reviews as they were treated differently to us and to be fair the resort and golf course were beautiful so they would not have seen the other side of it. As you can tell by the poor reviews these all come from all inclusive guests. I also note that in the past the hotel management have commented on bad reviews to say thank you and they will look to improve their service however these remarks were old and so they obviously haven’t taken these comments on board as nothing has changed. I just wish we had read these reviews before booking rather than relying on reviews on the seminar and golf guests. I also think that when you have guests staying with you for a couple of weeks and who have paid out thousands of pounds to stay they should be treated the same, if not better, than the quick visit guests.

The whole experience was an immense disappointment and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Laura L
ParcHotelGarda, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Parc Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear LJL,

thank you for your review. We accept your criticism as a useful piece of information to improve our service, so we would like to earnestly thank you for letting us know your opinion.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel has the potential to be a great hotel but lets its self down by treating all-inclusive guest like second class citizens . The soft drinks on offer where off poor quality and a lack off choice you had to pay for the better brands . The hotel was very clean and comfortable rooms they get very hot when the air con is not on which the manager finally did after a lot of moaning from other guests and the fact a football team turned up . The pool areas where good and plenty of beds just need more drinks machines for the guests to use . The two girls that do the childrens entertainment where great with the kids and the food was of good quality but a bit more selection would have been nice and more choice for children .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Derbyram17

Dear Derbyram17,

thank you for you review. We put all of our effort in order to make all-inclusive guests feel as comfortable as it gets; unfortunately, we cannot cater for everyone. Anyway, we are sorry for your experience. Anyway, we're happy that the rest of our hotel and services appealed to you, so we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The receptionists weren't very accommodating. They were at times rude. It's a hit or miss. One was quote helpful and courteous.

The wifi was terrible. I was there for 5 days and almost tried to break my laptop out of frustration. It was like I was using a dial up network.

Nothing near the area. I believe people usually stayed here because of their membership at the golf club. Only accessible by car.

They're very strict with meal times. They start packing the food at the said time it closes so make sure you're always on time.

Fruits were good. Not much variety in their meals but it was ok.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CatChoachuy
ParcHotelGarda, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Parc Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear CatChoach,

thank you so much for your review. We are very sorry about your experience at the reception desk. We thank you for reporting the incident to us: we will make sure that it won't happen again.

As for the Wi-Fi, we have fixed the problem and hopefully the slowdown you experienced won't occur again.

As for the event you can have in the area, we would like to inform you that, beside the sports you can do directly inside the resort (in our sporting centre: tennis, five-a-side soccer, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball), you can go cycling and running in the beautiful and relaxing countryside around our hotel complex. You can go for a trip - a boat trip too! - in one of the picturesque lakeside towns, such as Peschiera, Bardolino, Desenzano, Sirmione. You can try a wine&food tour in one of the nearby wineries. Lastly, in summer many themed events take place in our resort (a Western-themed event, a wine&food event, a Middle Age-themed event, you name it). As you can see, there's plenty of things to do on Lake Garda and in our hotel as well! :-)

Why don't you give it a try, if you happen to travel to Italy again? You won't regret it!

Best

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed here in August 2013 and had a great time. The hotel is clean and well-presented and had everything we needed for an excellent trip. Granted, if you are used to all-inclusive holidays with everything on demand, you may be disappointed. With all-inclusive you expect food and drink on tap round-the-clock. Here, it's basically full board with a drinks key. This you put into the drinks machines, and get wine, beer and soft drinks.

The reception staff are fine and friendly, unlike some of the reviews on here. I suppose it depends whether you go up to them and shout loudly in English or whether you use some manners and try a little Italian first. There is also a free bus to the town which is great, and if you ask politely, will also drop you at the train station; it's only ten minutes to Verona, and an hour or so to Venice and Milan on the fast trains.

My only complaint was that the man behind the bar, Antonio, was very grumpy; we even ordered drinks in Italian, but he was very rude, except to those people paying for drinks who weren't all-inclusive. If you are expecting five star luxury like some of the reviews here, you may be disappointed. If you're expecting a 4 star, nice hotel, with a decent array of food and drinks, but not a luxury celebrity hotel, then you'll have a great time here. Note that it is mainly a family hotel...if you're a couple as we were, you may not enjoy it as much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple