Stopped here for 2 nights in june, its a perfectly acceptable 4 star hotel.
Exclusively spanish family guests, almost no english spoke or visible.
That said we managed and enjoyed our attempts at ordering drinks etc.
What I must commend this hotel for is its food.
In my many years of holidaying I can not remember food of this high quality in europe.
So if you like your omlettes cooked to order and steak prepared at the buffet station while you watch you will be in food heaven.
We ate like kings and queens, on the lovely terrace outside by the pool.
I can not over hype the meals they were super.
It is close to the beach but you will have a reasonable walk through the dunes to get to the sea which I will mark as a slight negative.
The resort is manufactured, so I found no centro storico, or splendid architecture.
I guess that was balanced by consistently low prices for any of my shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Isla Cristina**** hotel (belonging to the Barcelo Hotel Group and formerly the Barcelo Isla Cristina) is located on the seafront at the wonderful Isla Cristina beach in the province of Huelva, which is surrounded by a protected natural area. Its proximity to the airports of Faro (Portugal) and Seville, and the most interesting places in the area, make this holiday hotel a perfect spot. The 233 rooms and 110 apartments boast spaciousness and quality features, and include all the facilities and services you could need for a pleasant stay and an unforgettable holiday. The Occidental Isla Cristina has a buffet restaurant and bars with the All Inclusive option, some of which feature poolside terraces. The facilities include a massage room, fitness studio, sauna and meeting room, as well as golf clubs and paddle tennis courts in the vicinity, hiking, cycle track and a long list of other activities to make sure you won't get bored this holiday. A professional entertainment team provides guests with a complete range of sports and leisure activities for all ages. Youngsters will experience a real adventure in the Barcy camp, sleeping in a large tent in the hotel gardens, as well as enjoying numerous fun activities especially thought out for children of all ages. The Occidental Isla Cristina is a fantastic hotel for a dream family holiday on the Costa de la Luz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Occidental Isla Cristina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Isla Cristina Hotel Isla Cristina
- Isla Cristina Barcelo
- Occidental Isla Cristina Costa De La Luz