Last year, I had an opportunity to spend my summer time in Andalucia, Spain. I felt amazingly enchanted to see beautiful white horses running across the huge orange rocks which were not so far away from the cities with their unusual white houses. I also tried to dance flamenco - my blood became "red" again.
Barcelo Isla Cristina is a flamboyant hotel located in the tiny Isla Cristina, close to the border with Portugal (80 km from Faro). Situated on the Atlantic Coast of Spain it offers a variety of paysages - well known in Andalucia. First of all, it is good to praise B. I. Cristina for this location. The heart of Isla Cristina can be reached within walking distance and, although it is hard to find a night life there, I recommend you going to a local restaurant in order to try something traditional, e.g. fish or tapas. Silence lovers will feel satisfied. One minus - the beach is not near the hotel and you must go by the road and promenade to meet the ocean. It is dirty and visited by jellyfish.
Barcelo Isla Cristina looks good not only from the front side where is a beautiful swimming pool area hidden in flowers and palms. Inside, you will be charmed with elegant furniture and sublime columns. The rooms are big and spacious. And the hotel restaurant is well-organised, full of tables (that is why the hotel doesn't seem to be overcrowded) and space.
Actually, according to the restaurant, I can say that the food given there is fantastic! You can try thousands of different kinds of cheese, starting on blue French, ending on local Spanish. Dishes are various every day, made thanks to Spanish and continental recipes. The staff working in the restaurant is frendly, however people rarely speak English there (the same thing in the swimming pool area, in the bar).
Now, I must tell you about the animation service. Animators did a great job. What a pity that the games were leaded in Spanish only!
Barcelo Isla is a really good hotel. I like it because of the traditional spirit, food and elegance.
~*~ If you want to read more of my reviews, click here: http://kkopiaszrecommendations.blogspot.com/
Wish you had great holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Isla Cristina**** hotel (belonging to the Barcelo Hotel Group and formerly the Barcelo Isla Cristina) is located on the seafront at the wonderful Isla Cristina beach in the province of Huelva, which is surrounded by a protected natural area. Its proximity to the airports of Faro (Portugal) and Seville, and the most interesting places in the area, make this holiday hotel a perfect spot. The 233 rooms and 110 apartments boast spaciousness and quality features, and include all the facilities and services you could need for a pleasant stay and an unforgettable holiday. The Occidental Isla Cristina has a buffet restaurant and bars with the All Inclusive option, some of which feature poolside terraces. The facilities include a massage room, fitness studio, sauna and meeting room, as well as golf clubs and paddle tennis courts in the vicinity, hiking, cycle track and a long list of other activities to make sure you won't get bored this holiday. A professional entertainment team provides guests with a complete range of sports and leisure activities for all ages. Youngsters will experience a real adventure in the Barcy camp, sleeping in a large tent in the hotel gardens, as well as enjoying numerous fun activities especially thought out for children of all ages. The Occidental Isla Cristina is a fantastic hotel for a dream family holiday on the Costa de la Luz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Isla Cristina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Isla Cristina Hotel Isla Cristina
- Isla Cristina Barcelo
- Occidental Isla Cristina Costa De La Luz