Hotel Best Sabinal(Roquetas de Mar)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$209
US$195
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Maracay(Roquetas de Mar)
US$169
US$135
US$108
  • Pool
Don Angel(Roquetas de Mar)
US$159
US$139
Orbitz.com
Playadulce Hotel(Aguadulce)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Playacapricho Hotel(Roquetas de Mar)
US$315
US$301
US$425
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Playalinda Hotel(Roquetas de Mar)
US$324
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Best Roquetas(Roquetas de Mar)
US$202
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
Playasol Spa Hotel(Roquetas de Mar)
Free cancellation until 31/07
US$306
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewstv remoteentertainment managershort walk to the beachother guestsbar staffgood sizelovely hotelmanuelmirrormicrowavedrawersbingoroquetasrepmarbedroom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rooms are a good size 2 large bed in the studio room we got a pool view which was good, only things that I realised why the hotel was called OH Tels, €20 deposit for a TV Remote OH, €20 deposit for a cot OH couldn’t understand why never seen that before. The food was bang average and not much choice, breakfast same everyday no variety but I will say this places desserts are pretty decent all very tasty. Might be being harsh with a 4 star rating but the things above slightly let the hotel down. Entertainment was ok the guy who looks after the entertainment Gregori is a nice guy came and sat with my daughter as he has a little girl a similar age but he band me from bingo as won twice in a row but the prizes are only T-Shirts. Location is very good 5 mins walk to the beach and walkway which one way go to the hotels and one the the marina the marina is a good 40 minute walk

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pwhammond79
Reviewed 26 May 2018

The hotel has just been refurbished and we were told, before we booked, that not everything was 100% completed which proved to be the case. However, there were no real issues which I could say spoiled the holiday and any we did point out were addressed right away.
Common observations (NOT complaints) by our group (and other guests) were-
Mirror needed in main bedroom (there is one in shower/toilet room)
Drawers should be considered (especially for personal clothing items).
Some guests (UK especially) like their food hot. Food in hotel was typical continental and was warm enough. However, there was a microwave which worked for us fine.
Now to the staff....
The hotel was just starting off so there was only a small number staff members wich, I was told, will be increasing as the season commences and guest numbers increase.
The staff currently there were brilliant, from the Manager through to the Restaurant/Bar/Cleaning and, I suppose I should mention, the Entertainment Manager lol!
The Manager, Victor, could not be more helpful. He made a point of being around at breakfast, lunch, dinner and in the evening. He was also doing a lot of hands-on work helping where required while guiding and supervising his staff to ensure standards were met.
Restaurant staff – Jose (the supervisor) and Jonathan were always on the go making sure everything was running smoothly and that food was being re-stocked and tables being cleared promptly. Two new staff members, Victor and Ben, were well guided and mentored by Jonathan and Jose. ALL were pleasant and polite and great fun.
The Bar staff – Manuel, Sorina and Joanna, like the other staff in hotel, were very pleasant and helpful. They kept the bar and pool areas clean and tidy and were great fun interacting with the guests.
Now to the Entertainment Supervisor Gregori (I will have nightmares about this guy forever lol)
Great fun, great communicator and tried very hard to involve as many guests as wanted to participate. He made a point of going around every guest and chatting with them and finding out about them. He, along with the Manager Victor, tried to accommodate any requests by guest. There were a few Birthdays and Anniversaries and they did some little special things for those concerned. When the Royal Wedding was on, they set-up canapés and (red/white/blue) cocktails when several guests took over the TV area in the bar.
Evening entertainment by performers was held some evenings which was pretty good. One act in particular, SCAPE, was the favourite. Not forgetting Gregori’s Bing Bong at 5pm lol
I was the Charlie, re Charles Angels review. and if they see this then Gregori showed us your comments and sorry we did not get more time together...

In summary , "Would I Go Back?" The answer to this one is a definite YES.

Room Tip: I would suggest overlooking pool area as it closes in evening so will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank emcw27
Víctor L, Director General at Ohtels Roquetas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear emcw27:
It is a pleasere realize we have reached your expectation.
For Ohtels Roquetas your satisfaction is our main commintment. Due to that we are avery day improving ourselves thanks to clients reviews.
We have comment your opinion with our staff: Manuel, Gregori, Jose, Jonathan....They are very glad.
Related to your advises, we have comunicate to our central to study the posibility of improvement.
One more time, thank you very much for your good review and we hope to see you soon over here.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Spent a week here at the beginning of May. Wasn’t sure what to expect after reading other reviews prior to leaving. I have to say this hotel was above and beyond my expectations. It had only recently opened following an extensive refurbishment. The rooms were large, bright and very clean. There was a varied selection of food at every mealtime. Gregori the entertainment manager was a funny guy well suited to his position who kept us all in the craic and the bar staff Manuel and the girls were always pleasant and chatty. The bar and pool areas were spotless and tidy. The hotel is walking distance to the beach and there are public transport stops just across the road if you wanted to venture into Almería. I would also like to give a shout out to Victor the manager who kindly arranged a birthday cake and bottle of bubbly for me on the evening of my birthday and to Janette the very friendly always helpful Jet2 rep a big thank you to you all. I don’t want to finish without a mention to La Cána Taberna behind the hotel where we spent a few great afternoons in the wonderful company of Christine, Billy, Jane and Tony. This hotel for me was by far one of the nicest I’ve stayed in and I will definitely go back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dympna2018
Víctor L, Director General at Ohtels Roquetas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear dympna2018:
what a fantastic feeling to realized we have give you more than you were expecting.
We have published your review in the personel area and every staff is very happy to realize the work is giving results.
Manuel, Gregori and the rest of the staff are expecting you return next season.
It is apleasure to have guests like you.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

On arrival expecting a rooftop whirlpool and to be able to hire mobility scooter.wheelchair, pushchair ECT This is false information has I found out to my dismay with being disabled and could have pre ordered scooters with a reputable couple that do them in requtas.
THE HOTEL IS NOT TO BLAME FOR THE INCORRECT INFORMATION. My low rating is due to mainly the food the way it is kept and displayed along with some pasta that I had it was great but made me I'll after eating it then I noticed the staff tried to swill a large jug out that had previously had something else in with tap water after just running tap water in they filled it up with tap water and stirred it into the drying pasta.so that was two counts of hygiene broken as tap water is fine if boiled first but not just out of the tap,plus the unclean jug.
The coffee in the restaurant for breakfast was awful but in the bar it was great. I was told by our rep that most of the staff spoke English and found only 3 staff were passable with English one was a receptionist and the other was the manager and one bar staff member.
On the weekend you get a few Spanish which makes up the numbers as the most that we normally see would be around 20 to 30 guests as we booked for 3 weeks because of the whirlpool and scooters-that was not to be.
The staff were excellent and rooms and everywhere were clean and you would assume the food to be of the same standard, Think that's work in progress.
Entertainment vertuly non-existant one guy trays his best but without any backing from the hotel he has an upward battle.
This is the place if you like piece and quiet with room to yourselves though at the moment.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank derek1088

Dear derek1088:
It is a pity to not you have reached your expectations.
Anyway I think there is a mistake. We do not have any advertisment regarding a rooftop whirlpool.
It is tru the hotel has rooms for handycaped people but we never says we provide scooters.
You can have a look in our Home page.
But like you know we puted you in touch with an external company which rent scooters, and you and your wife had It during all your stay.
On the other hand in our kitchen we follow strictly HACCP system control and the water we use is botteled water.
Defently for next occassion this is not your hotel, due to we do not have a whirlpool and we will never have It.
Jenifer, Jet2 representative and I have done our best to make you feel confortable, but looks like It has not been enough.
I am sorry!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean & bright, early in the season so very quiet, & no need to wait long to be served at bar or in restaurant. Food could have been warmer although there is a microwave to warm up your meal. Need to have plate warmers. Staff were all excellent. Rooms are big enough only down side is there is no mirror in the bedroom, only 1 in bathroom. Also there are no drawers, plenty of wardrobe space & shelves. There’s is a small fridge. A safe €23 for week, beach towels which can be changed every day at reception €10 deposit €20 for tv remote, all refundable on return.
Meet some lovely people. Unfortunately we didn’t get chance to say bye to Charlie & his family hope they read this.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pauline H
Víctor L, Director General at Ohtels Roquetas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Pauline H.
thank you very much to have shared your review with other users.
In OhTels Roquetas your satisfaction is our main commintment due to that, it is a satisfaction to have reached your expectations
Please let us know in case you decide coming back. It will be apleasure to have you in the hotel again.