“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of San Rocco

San Rocco
Ranked #13 of 286 Restaurants in Roquetas de Mar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant opened in April 2010 and is facing the five star Hotel Portobello. This place has to be the best Italiant restaurant in Roquetas and the area.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This small family run restaurant is not to be missed. We decided to give this place a try because of the great reviews we saw on triadvisor. We was not disappointed. On arivall we was welcomed in by the waitress who showed us to our table. We ordered our drinks which came prompt. I ordered the fish whch was on the chefs specials and was the best fish dish I ever had, my partner ordered the black pasta which was full of taste and cooked perfectly. We then was recommended by the owner to have the house cheese cake which was out of this world. Everything was perfect. We shall be back! This is definitely the best restaurant in the area, and im sure would be a success anywhere in any major city in the world. Excellent!!!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank susantay

“Standard holiday food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We Visited the restaurant last night as is right opposite our hotel & obviously comes highly recommended on here. The staff were very friendly & attentive, and the menu looked good. I had the garlic mushrooms to start & unfortunately they tasted as if a pot of salt had been dropped in the sauce! I even had to drink my wife's sprite to help remove the overwhelming salty taste from my mouth! Really disappointed but no-one asked us how our food was so didn't say anything. The San Rocco steak (which I had for main course) itself was very tasty - but a massive overdose of Parmesan & some random half-cooked boiled potatoes didn't do it any favours. My wife had the Hawaiin Pizza & although nice she said it wasn't anything special. I wouldn't race back to eat here - and if this is the best in Roquetas I won't be eating elsewhere either!

2 Thank Chris P
SpainMimi, Owner at San Rocco, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant, but sorry to hear it was all just standard for you. Our garlic mushrooms is probably one of the most popular starters we sell, and I am sorry to disappoint you, but there is no salt at all in this dish. The main herb ingredient in this dish is garlic, and quite a lot of it. This is why we call it Garlic mushrooms. There is also, black pepper & white wine. My wife did clear your starter plates away from your table, which was all-clean. If you didn’t like them why didn’t tell her? You did say the service was attentive but then you say no one asked you, so you just ate everything instead. The steak you say had an overdose of Parmesan. As you know Parmesan is a strong cheese but I put just enough on the rocket which then is topped with balsamic. Once again… If this was not your taste, I could have done you the steak just plain. I sold over 30 steaks that day and did not have any problems. Your wife had the Tropicana pizza, with ham and pineapple, which you said… wasn’t anything special. The Tropicana pizza is very popular with the children and not really the typical pizza lover’s choice. You can’t really go wrong with ham and pineapple, and that’s why as a pizza isn’t that exciting, but the kids love it.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Roquetas de Mar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited the restaurant following a recommendation and were not disappointed.

The food was outstanding, the staff very friendly and attentive, and the price was very reasonable - we will be going back in a couple of days!

My recommendations are the black pasta & prawn, steak and tiramisu........... I dare say I will be recommending others following my next visit!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JJandAlison J
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to roquetas for years with my family and we have only recently found this amazing restaurant in the last 5 or so! Me and my boyfriend visited spain for 2 weeks this year and I decided to take him to San Rocco for our 2 year anniversary! It was as delicious as ever. The service was amazing and I especially love how well all of the staff can speak English! Food of course was yummy .... I highly recommend the Pork Ribs & King Prawn to start! Nom nom nom will visit here again and again no doubt! Thanks mara & your amazing team!!!

Almeria
“The very best in area !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This place was rite in front of our hotel, and I can believe we missed it. We looked for it one day, but walked straight passed it. Where to start... The service was excellent and the food was out of this word. The kids had pasta and pizza which are all homemade and made fresh. I tried the steak San Rocco which was superb YES AT LAST!!!!!. My wife had the black pasta with prawns which was unbelievable! The only place in the area that also had an excellent choice of Italian wines. After trying the food we went to town and had a bottle of Barolo which is one of my favorite Italian reds. It was perfect!! The owner was very helpful and made sure that our experience was at its maximum. After our meal, she recommended the homemade cheese cake which we ended up ordering more of. This is the best restaurant in the area the without a doubt!! We went back again and again!!! Highly recommended. Don't miss this restaurant if in the area!!

2 Thank Stevejone