“Great food, great atmosphere, great service”

Restaurante Marisqueria Arroceria Casa Santi
Ranked #147 of 371 Restaurants in Roquetas de Mar
Price range: US$23 - US$57
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurante con mas 30 anos de antiguedad en el puerto ofreciendo la maxima calidad y gran conecedor en pescados y mariscos de la costa de almeria. Con la colaboracion de su dueño santiago aun al mando de la cocina con la sabiduria de su buen hacer, tanto en arroces, paellas, cocion de marisco, pescado en salsas y al horno.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for a birthday meal and were very impressed. The waiter was happy to speak to us in English and was very patient with our basic Spanish. We had the boquerones (the biggest I’ve ever seen), calamares and mixed paella. The food was fresh and delicious and was prepared very quickly. The paella mixta was the highlight of the meal.
We were served by a friendly waiter from Morocco, who was happy to recommend local bars and things to do in the area. He also brought over complimentary glasses of Cava at the end of the meal.
Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were mis sold the fresh dish of the day, large seabass stuffed with
saute potatoes and the addition of vegetables and various extras.

Fish arrived with 3 mushrooms and a few corquettes, no potatoes.

Also persuaded to have a bread and tomato salad which never arrived.

Overpriced and very bad customer service.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I accept some responsibility as both my wife and I ordered beef steaks, medium to well done in a peppercorn sauce. Perhaps not one of our best decisions considering we were in a Seafood Restaurant.That was our only mistake. Casa Santi mistakes were as follow:

Giving us bread with garlic mayo and the impression that this was free.
Under cooking our steaks to the extent that the sauce became red.
The steaks were hard to chew and lacked flavour/ taste.
When I asked for the steak to be cooked some more,it came back with cold chips
Desert was Tiramasu that tasted like it was in the Fridge a week.

Two terrible steaks, cold chips and stale desert came to 70 Euros
Will never go back..

Reviewed 13 March 2017

A Sunday family lunch whilst on holiday in Spain and both seafood and meat dishes were lovely. Keen to promote their fresh fish and dishes and all looked good.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This is a long, well deserved review. Wandered past Casa Santi today as the chef was loading fresh seafood and fish onto the ice in the display cabinet. In Spanglish, we discussed what had just come off the boats and, telling him "That's my lunch" while not really meaning it because it seemed more than I wanted to pay on a school day, I headed towards a nearby bar. But the fish and his love of it stuck in my brain. I was back an hour later.

Along comes the waiter, as usual named Jose. Since I couldn't decide on a single dish, we agreed on a mixed plate. Four fish - monk fish, sole, bass and cod; an array of small prawns, a couple of huge prawns, langustine, huge mussels, a giant clam blah blah. I stared, transfixed, as there was no way I'd eat this Euro 24 compendium in one go, even washed down with the Euro 12 crisp white wine it came with. OMG. But I'm a man so I couldn't resist the challenge. After 30 minutes, I asked Jose to make it go away for a while as I had a rest. This co-incided with the arrival of a stunning 20-odd blonde girl with a figure to start a religion over; service simply fell to pieces (as did the interest in food of every male in the place.) My food was delivered in a doggie bag to take away but I scarcely noticed. When we all recovered (her man was fitter than all of us!), my meal re-appeared on a plate and off I went again.

This is a meal I will never forget. Worth every cent. Great atmosphere, excellent service when the blonde isn't about, superb value, fish so fresh it was obviously swimming during the morning and - oh - clean loos. If you are in the marina area of Roquetas and don't visit, I will have to send you a hitman.

1  Thank AirGuitar