IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS, The positive reviews are FAR more accurate!!
We've just come back from a weeks all inclusive here and the only reason it doesn't get five stars is because the rooms are too small for a family of four with very little storage. The HELPFUL receptionist arranged for us to view at a junior suite which is much bigger, however it doesn't justify the price Thomas Cook are asking for it. (Evenia only charge abut 300 euros per week extra in peak times, so how Thomas Cook can justify £600 odd is beyond me!)
The reps were fantastic, very helpful and knew what they were talking about.
This 'sickness bug' people are complaining about didn't effect us on our stay last week (we came home yesterday 24th July.) We made sure we used bottled water for squashes and brushing our teeth in and washed our hands regularly. The other Brits we spoke to had not had it either and agreed with us that it probably wasn't down to the hotel but more likely either the water or personal hygiene. I personally don't think it is fair to blame this on the hotel!
The pools are great (a bit cold at first but very refreshing,) they are clean and maintained regularly. If anything is spotted floating it is soon cleared out by one of the pool attendants. The slide pool is brilliant for kids and the junior pool with Pirate Ship is great for the little ones with mini-slides for the toddlers.
Plenty of sun loungers available but you do need to bag them before 10 in the the morning, but no rush unless you have to have the same spot every day or want to be pool side...
The resort is very clean (almost spotless) with bins emptied regularly and cleaners picking up litter etc all day!
The various bars offer a wide range of drinks, all decent quality and bottled water is available at ALL OF THE BARS FREE OF CHARGE and as much as you like!! The staff are friendly enough, I found trying a little bit of Spanish helped even if I was probably asking for a fish cocktail.... They will happily top up your little one's bottles with various juices saving you having to carry it around with you or worry about keeping it cool.
Snacks are available throughout the day from the bars, crisps, nuts, ice creams (nice ice creams at that) etc and there are a couple of snack bars open all day serving chips, burgers, hot dogs, toasties etc.
The main restaurants are large with a good selection of food which is replenished regularly. We didn't avoid anything, happily eating the fish dishes, paella and rice dishes and had no issues with stomach upsets. You can eat as little or as much as you like and can go up as many times as you like. We tried a little bit of everything and enjoyed experiencing local Spanish dishes and not just burgers and chips. They do however cater for the rest of Europe with non-Spanish dishes available at each service. You get waiter service for your all inclusive drinks too which is nice and the odd 'tip' doesn't go amiss for good service!!
Remember, this resort is in SPAIN and caters for mainly SPANISH holidaymakers so those also complaining on here with regards to it being Spanish orientated with regards to the entertainment and food should perhaps bear this in mind. You don't see British resorts catering for the French just in case there are a few staying over.....
The entertainment was fine, a kids disco usually kicked it off at about 9pm followed by various shows later on, probably a bit late for those with little ones. A bonus to being sat watching the shows in Plaza Central is that you also get drinks service to the tables there too. Once again, the odd few Euro tip is polite and guarantees the service to your table again and again!!
Overall a brilliant holiday, plenty to do, the beaches are clean, the walk along the promenade is nice and there are plenty of bars along the way to keep you hydrated......
I would recommend this holiday to anyone with, or without kids (as long as you like a busy bustling resort...)
We're definitely going back next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sea front of Roquetas de Mar, within the Evenia Zoraida Resort, the Zoraida Park Hotel is the best solution for a family holiday. Totally refurbished in winter 2011/2012, all its modern and colourful bedrooms are equipped with queen size beds, 32” LCD flat screen TV, telephone, safe, fully fitted bathroom, balcony and some of them have sea view. Among its facilities you will find extensive gardens with sunbeds, palm trees, a tropical pool, a brand new Aquapark with slides and pirate ship, 2 tennis courts , Fitness Room with sauna and heated indoor pool, Snack bars, pool bar, free parking facilities… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Evenia Zoraida Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Zoraida Park Hotel Roquetas De Mar
- Zoraida Park Hotel
- Zoraida Park Roquetas De Mar
- Evenia Zoraida Park Roquetas De Mar, Almeria, Spain