We have just recently returned from a two week stay at the Mediterraneo Park hotel. As with all All-Inclusive holidays there will be things that you like and things that you don’t. Overall, we loved it.
The hotel is situated in a very nice part. A 15 minute walk one direction to the bars and stores and a twenty minute walk the opposite way to the harbour with the lighthouse and fort. The stop for the buses and the “Roquetren” are just a few minutes away. The view from the front of the hotel is that of the beach whilst the view from the back is of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
The sea front has been beautifully done where there is a footpath and cycle path. Bikes are readily available for hire from single seaters up to one that I believe will carry twelve people!
Although parts of the hotel could do with sprucing up, by and large it was clean and tidy.
There are three lifts that just about hold four people. Even so, there was never a delay waiting for one.
We were fortunate enough to have an end room on the 5th floor overlooking the pool. Spacious with large twin beds, the room was made up daily. Though it did take a couple of days to realize that towels only got changed if you left them on the floor. The room contained a large wardrobe but strangely enough no drawers. There is also a safe that if you decide to use there is a weekly charge and a refundable deposit. The TV was the usual BBC1, BBC world news and Sky news.
The restaurant is made up of two sections. The main indoor part then the smaller outdoor section overlooking the pool (always popular).
Breakfast: - This consisted of the usual cereal dispensers and all the ingredients for a full English. Eggs and bacon constantly being cooked with an option of omelette with a choice of fillings. If you prefer cold milk on cereal then don’t use the milk in the large container. Go to where the yoghurts are kept and use what’s in the metal containers or milk bottles.
Dinner: - There was always a choice of two soups. Food was plentiful and well cooked. There are three things of note. There was no logic to the layout of the food so be prepared for walking. The vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli and carrots were frequently cold and that there is a glass fronted metal trolley containing hot plates.
This is made up of four sections. The large pool that runs round to the other side of the hotel (where you will find a large Jacuzzi). A large fire engine for children and a pool which contains slides and chutes. An indoor pool and Jacuzzi.
There was never any shortage of sun loungers. And don’t be fooled by the chapel. It’s not for prayer but drinks and toasties.
Oh dear. Apart from the usual “Animacion”, we were entertained with musical chairs, a form of pass the parcel, bingo and one of two organists. The large screen TV’s only showed Spanish football every night. The alternative is to head to the nearby bars where a couple of them do a form of BOGOF. Order a beer and you get two. As we later found out, what grievances we had, people in a nearby 5* had exactly the same.
All in all we met some wonderful people and a lot of the staff was great. The location, the people and the weather made this a very enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the traditional town of Roquetas de Mar, the hotel combines colours and unique architectural styles that make it stand out from its urban environment, along with all the many details that remind us of the area. The establishment enjoys an excellent location in a quiet area by the sea with direct access to the beach promenade. At Hotel Mediterráneo Park, we bring the freshness and transparency of clear water thanks to our water areas that are suitable for all ages and needs. Our main feature is our Great Freshwater Lake Swimming Pool, with a water surface area of over 2,500 m2 and which includes a themed kids pool and jacuzzi. It is an oasis of freshness and fun that contributes to a pleasant environment where you will have a great time. This hotel has renovated its communal areas and the majority of its rooms. To ensure you enjoy the perfect stay, we offer air conditioning/heating throughout the hotel. The hotel has wonderful spaces, services and facilities, including a unisex hairdresser's, games room, reading room, two convention rooms for up to 120 people, souvenir shop and a laundry service. For your perfect stay have air conditioning and heating throughout the hotel.Habitaciones for comfort and relaxation that leave from the Double Deluxe Junior Suite through, Suite Beach, Premium and Gold Level Club. With our Gold Level Club project we want to offer extra services that satisfy our guests who are familiar with our style and management ability and who appreciate these kinds of initiatives and their significant advantages. - An exclusive hotel within the Hotel Mediterráneo Park complex. - Breathtaking views of the sea and Roquetas de Mar's beach promenade. - 50 luxurious rooms. Design and high functionality. - Private VIP areas with a cafeteria and snack bar. - Butler service. - VIP service, amenities, articles and welcome gifts. - Free WiFi. - Sunbeds on the beach. - You can enyoy breakfast or dinner in Taberna del Mar Club Beach Restaurant or Zeker restaurant (previous reservation and on request) also you can use Restaurant buffet El Conde . A quality atmosphere and gastronomy. - New ideas designed for holiday leisure. Personalised style and management with the hallmarks of the Vázquez family. Following our line of innovation and expansion, Hotel Mediterráneo Park **** has created the hotly anticipated AQUAPARK MEDITERRANEO, which is a leisure area with water slides and games. AQUAPARK: In this recreation area, we have created two different environments. One has a rocky area full of slides and waterfalls, which young and old will love. AQUA-BABY: For younger guests, there is the AQUA-BABY water area where little ones can play and enjoy interactive water games, including a fire engine, slides, waterfalls and streams of water. Hotel Mediterráneo Park is at the forefront of the industry and is committed to quality and fun holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mediterraneo Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Park Roquetas De Mar Hotel Roquetas De Mar
- Mediterraneo Park Hotel
- Mediterraneo Park Roquetas De Mar, Almeria, Spain