We also saw this hotel advertised very cheaply (the same offer is on their website) and thought we would give it a try. Considering the hotel occupancy was minimal we did not understand why we were initially given a room which had not been refurbished, but did this get changed to a slightly better room, which was clean and decorated. The furniture was minimal to a point of being austere, and it is the only hotel in Spain where we have seen an "old fashioned" i.e. non flat screen television since digital was introduced. The bathroom was open plan with a bath. The sink was inset and had a crack running right across it. The toilet and bidet were separate, but there was no ventilation for this area, and the toilet flushing mechanism easily came unhooked.
The hotel does not warrant four stars, except for the swimming pools, which curve around the buildings and are impressive. However, there are weeds growing amongst the paths, and the flower pots have dead plants in them and a lot of cigarette butts. Generally there is an air of neglect and lack of staffing. Their publicity states that the whole hotel has been refurbished. We couldn't work out when that might have been, as the paint was not just peeling, but non existent on some parts of the building.
The restaurant food was OK, quite well presented and a good variety, but often cold and the meat and fish, whether on the buffet or on the show cooking, were often overcooked and dry.
The evening entertainment was non existent midweek.
Unfortunately the weather was not kind to us. The beach looked super, but a very strong wind of 7-8 and very low cloud/mist another day meant that beach activities were out of the question. However, we discovered the very good local bus service and visited Almeria and the Gran Plaza shopping mall, which is very high quality and equal to anything we have seen elsewhere. Just be aware that the returning bus stop is on a different road to the going one, but the driver calls out to you, if you ask for Hotel Mediterraneo.
Perhaps in high season the experience would be a different one, but as we said, "You get what you pay for", and we would not be willing to pay more for what we were offered. At the most this is a three star hotel with delusions of grandeur set in an area well away from the town and with little to keep one occupied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the traditional town of Roquetas de Mar, the hotel combines colours and unique architectural styles that make it stand out from its urban environment, along with all the many details that remind us of the area. The establishment enjoys an excellent location in a quiet area by the sea with direct access to the beach promenade. At Hotel Mediterráneo Park, we bring the freshness and transparency of clear water thanks to our water areas that are suitable for all ages and needs. Our main feature is our Great Freshwater Lake Swimming Pool, with a water surface area of over 2,500 m2 and which includes a themed kids pool and jacuzzi. It is an oasis of freshness and fun that contributes to a pleasant environment where you will have a great time. This hotel has renovated its communal areas and the majority of its rooms. To ensure you enjoy the perfect stay, we offer air conditioning/heating throughout the hotel. The hotel has wonderful spaces, services and facilities, including a unisex hairdresser's, games room, reading room, two convention rooms for up to 120 people, souvenir shop and a laundry service. For your perfect stay have air conditioning and heating throughout the hotel.Habitaciones for comfort and relaxation that leave from the Double Deluxe Junior Suite through, Suite Beach, Premium and Gold Level Club. With our Gold Level Club project we want to offer extra services that satisfy our guests who are familiar with our style and management ability and who appreciate these kinds of initiatives and their significant advantages. - An exclusive hotel within the Hotel Mediterráneo Park complex. - Breathtaking views of the sea and Roquetas de Mar's beach promenade. - 50 luxurious rooms. Design and high functionality. - Private VIP areas with a cafeteria and snack bar. - Butler service. - VIP service, amenities, articles and welcome gifts. - Free WiFi. - Sunbeds on the beach. - You can enyoy breakfast or dinner in Taberna del Mar Club Beach Restaurant or Zeker restaurant (previous reservation and on request) also you can use Restaurant buffet El Conde . A quality atmosphere and gastronomy. - New ideas designed for holiday leisure. Personalised style and management with the hallmarks of the Vázquez family. Following our line of innovation and expansion, Hotel Mediterráneo Park **** has created the hotly anticipated AQUAPARK MEDITERRANEO, which is a leisure area with water slides and games. AQUAPARK: In this recreation area, we have created two different environments. One has a rocky area full of slides and waterfalls, which young and old will love. AQUA-BABY: For younger guests, there is the AQUA-BABY water area where little ones can play and enjoy interactive water games, including a fire engine, slides, waterfalls and streams of water. Hotel Mediterráneo Park is at the forefront of the industry and is committed to quality and fun holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Mediterraneo Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Park Roquetas De Mar Hotel Roquetas De Mar
- Mediterraneo Park Hotel
- Mediterraneo Park Roquetas De Mar, Almeria, Spain