We spent a week at Las Playitas in early March to get some winter sun and some warm weather swim, bike and run training.
There were four of us in the villa and I really couldn't fault it, everything worked and the walk to the restaurant only took about 10 minutes at the beginning and end of each day.
The resort itself was fabulous with activities going on all day long. We swam each day (you need to pre-book a shared lane in the 50m pool) and rode out into the mountains most days. The running is mainly on the trails around the resort.
The buffet food is varied and of good quality.
The only issue all week was the wind - which never seems to go below about 20 mph and gusts up to 30 mph on a really blowy day. Whilst this made the 25 degree heat a bit more bearable around the villa and by the (private) pool it did make the cycling hard work :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located in the south-east of Fuerteventura in a picturesque bay and directly at a dark natural beach. The fisher village Las Playitas is at a few minutes walking distance. The next bigger village is Gran Tarajal with different shops, restaurants and bus connections. It is about 5 km away. The airport can be reached in 40 minutes by car. The Playitas Villas are the perfect choice for families and couples. Every villa has a hall with a small bathroom with shower and toilet, 2 bedrooms with a full-size bed and each one with an en suite bathroom, bathtub, shower and toilet, a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, cooker, dishwasher, coffee machine, microwave, a storeroom with washing machine and dryer, a living room with dining table, couch, and SAT-TV (flat screen), internet, safe and a garden with a private pool, terrace, pergola and outdoor furniture. Playitas Resort is on its way to become one of Europe's best sports resort. It offers a huge variety of sports activities: swimming, cycling, triathlon, golf, etc. And a huge sports program: aerobics, spinning, body toning, combat, aqua-aerobics, etc. Our facilities include: 700m2 gym, 50m Olympic pool, 18holes golf course with driving range and PGA golf academy, tennis courts, 2 multifunctional courts, bike centre (the bike centre is unbeatable with a choice of more than 200 bicycles such as racing bikes, fat bikes, time trial bikes and mountain bikes), volleyball field, and many more. Additionally, we also offer watersports, such as windsurfing, catamaran sailing, diving, etc. The villas can be booked with or without meals. Playitas Resort is the perfect choice for active holidaymakers, families, athletes and everyone who wants to enjoy vacations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Playitas Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Playitas Hotel Las Playitas
- Playitas Villas Fuerteventura/Las Playitas