“great location”

Restaurant Les Salines
Reserve with
Restaurant Les Salines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 88 Restaurants in L'Estartit
Price range: US$24 - US$60
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are open for this new season, we are ready to self our customer again for the summer, we hope you enjoy your holidays and our meals again.See you soon
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This restaurant is known as one of the best fish restaurants in estartit ,this coupled with its location directly onto sea makes it one of my favorite places to eat I highly reccomend

1  Thank christine w
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Les Salines

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Went here in early september 2012 having read the reviews and it was very good. It's in a superb spot overlooking the bay and assuming that the weather is nice it really does have an amazing view.

The menu was interesting and varied with some really nice, locally caught (I assume) seafood specials and some regional takes on sapnish classics. The black paella (made with squid ink) was delicious although incredibly rich and I can highly recommend the seafood. They also have a good selection of wines including a Catalan rose which was very good.

The service was also fantastic with all of the waiters being very attentive and friendly. My only gripe is that it's quite expensive but then you do get what you pay for.

The restaurant was so good that we actually went back four our last meal in l'estartit.

Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was only once in Les Salines but it was last time...
We ordered grilled fish, fish soup and paella.
Fish was ok but soup and paella were awful - paella was not fresh - it was warmed up again and had the same awful salty taste as soup - obviously they were strongly flavoured to hide that they are old. For the first time I've seen brown (not yellow) rice in paella.
Now I regret that I paid the bill (which was quite high) but we had no time and mood for argue that day.
The visit in Les Salinas definetely spoiled my last day of Spanish holidays.
No wonder that restaurant was empty despite nice view on the bay.
Never again!

1  Thank Marcin F
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were here only last October with friends, but we were back again as a couple. Francisco and family have been looking after us for over 30 years, and we genuinely have not had a bad meal in all that time.
We never tire of its great setting, INMO one of the best in this region overlooking the Bay of Pals and the wooded interior.
If you are anywhere near this area, it's worth a detour for excellent sea food, a warm welcome and good value wines

1  Thank UKTravellers89
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The restaurant is located at the far end of the marina in L'Estartit. We booked a table for a Saturday night, but it turned out there was no need because at this time in the season, it is very quiet - we were the only diners in the restaurant!
Obviously, this set off alarm bells - would it mean that the food was poor, or overpriced? In actuality, neither was true.
The staff were super friendly and attentive but not at all intrusive. It's so common in quiet restaurants to feel as if you're being stared at all the time, or hurried along, by the waiting staff, but that wasn't at all the case here.
The wine was incredibly good value - we chose the house rosé and at €7 for the bottle, you really can't go wrong, especially in a location like this! We had two courses each. I had the mussels "fisherman style" (moules marinière / mejillones marinera) which were cooked beautifully. They still tasted of the sea as opposed to the over-cooked rubber bullets you often find in lesser restaurants. My partner had the scorpionfish mousse which was very light and fluffy. I didn't get to taste much, so it must have been good!
For main course, I had the swordfish. When it came out, I was a little concerned because it was caramelised on the outside but very thin steaks, so my immediate thought was that it would be overcooked and dry. Again, my fears were unwarranted; the fish was cooked to perfection. Served very simply, as I like it, with a little olive oil and parsley dressing and a sprinkle of sea salt.
My better half chose the parrilada, which is a selection of different fish. Definitely one for the fish-lovers, and since it cones with no garnish at all, not for the salad- (or carb-) chasers! His selection was swordfish, sea bass, hake, a whole baby monkfish and a langoustine (forgive me if I have forgotten anything!). All were served in the same simple manner as mine, grilled and drizzled in oil, parsley and sea salt. All were cooked beautifully.
Our waiter, despite time ticking on by the end of our main course, still gave us plenty of time to peruse the extensive and tempting dessert menu and, even though we decided against it, we felt that he would have been more than happy to have us stay on for a third course. As it was, we had a quick carajillo (espresso with brandy) each before heading off.
We shall definitely return and hopefully find it a little busier than this weekend!

2  Thank Fiona L