“SUPERB!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pineda de Mar
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“SUPERB!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We had not been on a family holiday for years. Read the reviews for this hotel on here and decided to "go for it!. Well I am so pleased we did!! Pineda is a lovely little town, on a lovely beach...with a train station just over the road, for the necessary trip to Barcelona. We were there in March. It was not cold but not hot either....ever got my cossy on (thank heavens the locals were saved the horror of that!!) but I still got a tan (not allover, before you ask!). We walked for miles down the prom to Callella and Santa Susanna. So many people use the promenade for exercise! Pineda is small but had everything you need. My 14 year old, fashion conscious daughter, found a shop she adored (don't know how many times she talked us into going there, but it was loads!). The hotel is amazing, superb staff, very friendly, rooms spotless, as was the hotel. We were in room 434 and wait for it......we had 3 balconies! Really. Loved looking down on the market that stretched for miles, also loved partaking of the stalls on the superbly huge market (never seen veggies as huge as I did that day). The food in Aqua is good and kept us fed. AI have to say that glass of cava on a morning goes down well ! 9just the one, no more). The users of the hotel are older therefore it is a quiet place. There is entertainment every night......I would class it as Butlins early 1970's, not mindblowing, but very entertaining! I adored the Mini Disco and the lovely, happy lady that ran this every night. She was amazing and can speak every language going. She entertains the little kids wonderfully and gives info to us older people, without even asking her. I regret never asking her name, but she is wonderful!. This is a quiet hotel and quiet resort. My son managed to get in the pool for 30seconds (it was freezing and he never gave up trying). I can honestly say my 14 and 11 yr old want to return to this hotel, as do we! I thought the kids would have wanted a more buzzing place, but I found that they adore Pineda and this hotel and will no doubt take their families there in the future. We were so relaxed after our 7 days there. Thank you Aqua Hotel Promenade and everyone that works there....you are all totally amazing! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Corner rooms 134,234.334.434.534 have the 3 balconies. Rooms are big too.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank alisa g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I booked Aqua Promenade based on the cheap price and clean stylish modern look in the pictures. This was a family holiday for 4 people. Two adults one teenager and one small child aged 3. The following should help you decide if this is the hotel for you.
It is very far from central Barcelona and the airport but only a one minute walk away from the train station. It is also a long way from Girona airport.
The beach is across the road from the hotel and there is a small beach bar.
The area is not very lively and there are little shops and nightlife. Even for a family travelling with a small child, we struggled to find things to do as the weather was not always beach worthy. We found hiring a car rescued the holiday as we then explored the other towns along the coast line.
I would recommend staying in Lloret de mar rather than Pineda de mar if you are under 40 and would like to do more than sit a relax by the pool or beach.
The hotel itself did not disappoint me at all. Like the pictures it was clean, stylish and modern. The staff were all great and welcoming. Reception was very helpful and eager to please. The food was great and varied (standard stuff; salad, chips, chicken, fish etc etc.. ) Rooms were spotless. Entertainment throughout the week catered for all ages and there was a mini disco every night for the small kids. There is also Pool and table tennis for the older kids in the bar.
As the hotel has many older/elderly people staying however, teenagers many feel its a bit alienating towards them. Groups of travelling teenagers looking for a wild holiday of boozing should give this one a miss.
In short, a really great hotel if you just fancy a rest.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Daz849
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here in May with my sister and elderly parents. I wanted a hotel not too far from the airport, one that could arrange the hire of two wheelchairs, have a train nearby to get to Barcelona, a lovely resort we could walk around, a pool and a beach closeby. We had all of these at the Aqua Hotel. I emailed before my trip and the staff organised for the wheelchairs to be there for when we arrived. Our rooms were clean and spacious, we had a buffet breakfast every morning - and arranged to have it very early on our last day before heading off to the airport. The cafe bar was good for bar snacks and lovely coffees and drinks in the evening. Pinede de Mar is a great resort, it was perfect for wheeling around my parents, we went to the weekly market, explored the local town and also had a great trip to Callela, along the road, along the beachside. The staff were very helpful in recommending what to do and where to visit. We really enjoined our stay, and definitely would come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank firestarterNorthants
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 15 April 2013

It's everything you need for a perfect holiday: to get to the wonderful beach you just cross the street, it's spotless clean, the staff are friendly and speak English, the rooms are cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. We left the hotel feeling perfectly relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anca P
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just back from 4 nights at the Aqua Promenade (17th - 21st March ) This trip meant so much to me,I had planned to take my 26 yr old seriously disabled daughter requiring constant care on an exciting short break ( she loves airplanes ). The reviews and sea view helped me choose this hotel.Can't praise this hotel enough,I chose a superior room but rang the hotel to discuss our needs,with perfect english the lady arranged for us to be in room 534 ,which is a huge front corner room with double bed she could no fall out of and a double sofa bed for me which still left acres of space for practicalities,this room has a bath but I could manage that as the other benefits like huge balcony with 5th floor sea views were exceptional,the free wi fi let us have daily face time chats on the I pad with family back home.
We had full board and the staff had arranged the blended meals my daughter reqd and were always on hand assisting us with a friendly smile,without doubt the staff are wonderful.The hotel is spotlessly clean, well run and is proud to give good service to the guests.
Pineda is a quite place but served us very well.Sat outside the hotel cafe in the March sunshine (18 degrees ) while England suffered freezing temps was a joy,our hire care enabled lovely rides out to find other sandy beaches and lovely promenades.
The Aqua Promenade Pineda de Mar was the best choice I made and played a huge part in ensuring we had a great trip.Your in for a real treat if you choose this hotell,if your wanting a quite sunny break on the beach.The hotel is 4 star,the staff are 5 star.

Room Tip: The web site is very good with pictures of all levels of room and descriptions of what you get,ringi...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Chris T
AquaHotelGrup, Director General at Aqua Hotel Promenade, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Chris,

We are so pleased to read your five star review following your recent stay with us in Aqua Hotel Promenade.

We are very pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel suitable for your needs, the service from the team to be friendly, professional and helpful especially with your daughter.

We will share your comments with all of our team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.

If you plan to travel back to Pineda de Mar would be happy to personally manage your booking.

Best regards,
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This has been one of my most favourite and memorable hotel’s that I have ever stayed in, that includes all over Europe, United States and Canada. The staff is incredible and very very helpful. I am pretty sure the receptionist could speak at least 7 languages fluently; she remembered almost all her guests and treated them like friends not just customers. She was incredible and I still think about her services to this day. The hotel is incredibly clean and close to everything! The train station is across the street and in 45 minutes you were in busy Barcelona. The hotel is surrounded by amazing little tourist shops. It has a great cafe in it and an amazing buffet. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Carmen S
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have been too this hotel 4 times over the years and have found the staff very helpful and the building spotlessly clean.
Do not go too Pineda if you like night life as there is none but for a nice quite place too stay this is the one.
The trains run along the promenade approx 200 metres from the Hotel and you can get too Barcalona or Gerona very easy and cheaply and the trains are always clean and on time (Take note the train companies in the UK.)
Just around the corner from the Hotel are all the shops for your needs for gifts etc.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MikeboltonMorecambe
AquaHotelGrup, Director General at Aqua Hotel Promenade, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Mikebolton,

Thank you for writing such great comments about our hotel Promenade.
We hope to welcome you very soon in Pineda de Mar.

Best regards,
#3 of 21 in Santa Susanna
Sorrabona Hotel
Sorrabona Hotel
#9 of 17 in Pineda de Mar

Been to Aqua Hotel Promenade? Share your experiences!